Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Thanks for the updated OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Derek79 posted:

One thing that I have rarely seen posted are at home phone jobs. In addition to Leapforce and various writing gigs, I have been with a company called LiveOps since May of 2007.

:words:

Thanks for the info!

Do you personally use a ground line traditional phone, or a google voice / skype set up? Does LiveOps care either way?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Nexus42 posted:

This has been a helpful thread, thank you. I started writing for Textbroker recently. However, I am very slow at it. It can take me 2 hours to write 400 words. I choose topics that should be easy to research, but this still happens.

Does anyone have any recommendations and how to research a topic and write on it faster without compromising on quality too much?

Do you type like obscenely slowly?

A cursory google should net you what people want to say about the THING in 1 to 5 minutes, with 10 at the absolute outside.

Going from dead 0 knowledge on a topic, literally not knowing wtf it actually is, to 500 competent words has never taken me more than an hour. And after that you should be able to do more things on a similar topic in significantly less time.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Monarchy posted:

My partner and I run a service that offers "done for you" blogs that custom design/research/write/promote small websites with different themes.

I've done quite a few of these and can recommend this as a legit system with prompt payment and steady work. Nothing but good experiences on my end.

e: as I post this recommendation, I'm literally slacking on a writing project for Monarchy that's half done in another window! :v:

e2: vvvvv no joke I was wondering who took over a week to write 500 words x 5

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 13, 2012

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Monarchy posted:

(used an email address with my real name on a forum I've been a member of for years and paid out thousands of dollars... kind of unlikely? maybe?)

I was part of the first wave of people to take up this offer, and I voluntarily spoke up when it came up again that I'd had good experiences. Since then, I've received PMs about all of this. Just to be clear: I have no more connection to this venture than anyone else who heard about it hear and handed in writing.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but when the bank apparently decided to freeze the account or whatever, I never suspected any kind of ill intent. I didn't get a ton of email updates, but I just simply looked at $currently outstanding/$previously received, and it was pretty clear that if this was malicious, it was the stupidest scam ever. "Hahaha, I suckered you in by paying out thousands and now will rip you off for hundreds!" Sounds a lot more like someone dealing with a mess than someone scamming a quick buck, to me.

For the people who this is the first writing they sent in, I can understand how it might look different. And I can certainly understand people being impatient. But IMO this would be the worse scam ever, if he was trying to scam people.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

rocinante posted:

Found an upfront pay content site http://www.independent-publishing.com/refund by looking up media related startups on AngelList. This one seems more like Textbroker with three tiers, $8.40/400 words for the lowest tier, $12/400 words for the middle tier and $23.60/400 words for the highest tier. They also have copy editing work at $1.68/400 words, but even the other content sites pay more than that for editing I think. The site's based in Germany and it seems like they accept writers from any country. I have not signed up myself so I don't know how many assignments they have available.

Has anybody submitted to them and gotten a reply? I submitted my 150 words about a week ago and haven't heard back.

Hopefully that's doesn't mean what I think it does :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

invision posted:

I need someone to write SEO copy for a website I have. about 800-1k words per article, I'll give you the basic guidelines for what I want but you can pretty much just BS your way through it as long as you follow how often I want the keyword used, etc. Send me a pm if you're interested.

PM sent!