Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

South posted:

156. There were 158 colonists, subtract Newt and the one chest buster that the marines fried when they found the colonists.

I'm not great at photoshop but this is the first thing I thought of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
So it has been delayed to next Feb right? I see that as a good thing. Hopefully they are listening to the criticisms of their "THIS IS ALL SUPER IN-GAME FOOTAGE YOU GUYS!" trailers.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
What do you mean I can't play as an alien queen?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
If the game has me exploring every nook and cranny of the levels and environments to find well written/produced "audio logs, data files, etc" then I'll be pretty drat happy.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

zVxTeflon posted:

Ripley: Here, try this, its a little Monster Energy™
Ripley hands the girl a can
Ripley: You're one brave kid Rebecca
Girl: W...weedlord
Ripley: What?
Girl: WeedlordXX420, my names WeedlordXX420..nobody calls me Rebecca except my brother.
The girl slams the rest of the can and kickflips back into the vents as she blasts the poo poo outta some aliens.

I'm still holding out to see if the WiiU version does alright at least.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

blackguy32 posted:

From what I have seen of the models, it looks like terrible poo poo. But I still have no loving clue how it plays because there really hasn't been much news at all about it other than the loving story. Im not filled with confidence, but it not like I have anything else to buy in February so I will still be picking it up unless the game gets terrible reviews.

So far it seems that they are focusing onto meticulous detail to the movie while seemingly ignoring what makes a fun game. But we will see.

I was looking at this video, and it looks dull as poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rek4WU1s

What the hell is coming out of the aliens when they're shot? Green Jello? And the character models don't cast shadows? The alien AI looks nonfunctional. Water appears to just fall through the level. But worst of all is that the game just looks really boring. :(

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 31, 2013

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Supernorn posted:

I feel like if you need to add "bigger more badass" xenomorphs maybe you missed the point in the first place.

Having the marines walking around in power loaders for no reason other than pandering fan service also doesn't raise much hope.

Also, I thought the nuclear explosion in Aliens was supposed to be the size of Nebraska? Wouldn't everything from Hadleys Hope to the Engineer ship from Alien be blown away?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I'm just going to assume and be thankful that we live in the universe that will never have a perfect/amazing/work-of-art Alien franchise game and not in the universe where there is a perfect Alien game but the human male can only have sex once in his life.

happyhippy posted:

Then months later you are one of the marines held in Weyland's psyche wards, and earth begins to fall.

Yes, this. This I like.

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 31, 2013

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Was there ever any material in the EU where scientists had actually managed to find a way to "contain" the acid and used it to come up with a better way of dealing with the aliens?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

This game took 5 years to make? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

JebanyPedal posted:

The scapegoating begins.

It all makes sense. Now it will be extremely fun to watch Gearbox's PR team try and distance their name as faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr as humanly possible from this game

It's 2013. How the gently caress does this even happen? Goldeneye64 had better textures than this.

My guess is this game was some kind of money laundering or tax evasion scheme for all of these "studios."

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 12, 2013

• Locked thread