Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Gonna say, a incredibly over-hyped, lazily handled and completely disappointing game seems a good tribute to the Colonial 'game over man, game over' Marines, god rest their ultimate badass souls.

Players: What's this crap supposed to be?
Reviewers: A game, I think.
SEGA: It's good for you, boy. Eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
I like how the streams I've watched where that vent sets off the motion tracker the animation never stops.

The vent keeps swinging vigorously. Forever.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

ReV VAdAUL posted:

I'm such a big passionate fan of Aliens like Gearbox I wanted to make an authentic homage to Pitchford's current situation.

I'm Pitchford. Randy Pitchford. I work for The Company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy. I'm glad to see you're feeling a little better. They, uh, they tell me that all the weakness and disorientation should pass soon. It's just natural side effects of playing such a lovely game, or something like that.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

massive spider posted:

The problem is inherent though, if you've got people who don't even get what made Aliens work as a film they sure as poo poo arent going to be able to translate that experience into gameplay.

When I heard the only reason this game had women playable in multiplayer was because of fan outcry I figured something was up.

The movies that pretty much started the modern action movie heroine and portrayed the marines as unisex and you don't bother making women as playable until a fan says, "Wait a minute..."

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 14, 2013

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Or AvP Classic on Steam.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
I am tired of Hadley's Hope.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Clever girl.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Take it back and get System Shock 2 on GoG instead.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Forgot about that game. It owns.

Also yeah. Get AvP Classic.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
I don't really like the Redux mod for AvP Classic because of the model changes.

I liked it better when it was just getting off the ground and it was just better textures and sound.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

XeeD posted:

Um, no. You vastly overestimate both the popularity of the Alien brand and the dependance of video gaming on its release. Its just a sub-par game, not the end of video games as we know them. Jesus.

Wouldn't mind seeing every physical copy of the game dumped in a landfill and buried.

Edit: Hey guys, here's some super sweet Shift codes

PS3: FJKJJ-XXX5K-WKBB5-93C3B-B3B9Z
X360: FTCBJ-3SKK6-WBRB9-KRTB3-5BBTJ
PC: XTCTT-JWZ6K-WSCSB-TJ3TB-65SZB

You get an emblem to your marine armor in multiplayer that says "Friends of Gearbox - Making Games Better" :v:

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 17, 2013

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
"Various visual improvements" means:

Added film grain so you can barely see the horrendous textures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
The best part about this patch is everyone flipping out about their placebo .ini fixes going away.

• Locked thread