Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

NINbuntu 64 posted:

In Aliens, they were fighting thousands of them.

It was around 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Ninja fetus posted:

That Giantbomb stream is like watching a really really bad movie with your friends. When you're hammered.

Except GB isn't really trashing it even a tenth as much as people in this thread are.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

More simple then that. When people playing on consoles are complaining its poo poo too, then the problem isn't that it was made with consoles in mind.

You mean people playing the PC version?

And yes this game looks horrific. I want to buy it because it looks as if it's in the running for one of the worst games of this console generation, but I really don't want to give GB any money.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Bobby The Rookie posted:

The people occupying the ship that Shaw actually runs into at that point are basically really only concerned with Weyland. The pacing off the third act is a bit off, though, I think in part because of the editing.

This stuff has been discussed to death and in far greater detail from people with a good critical eye for the things Prometheus was doing in the CineD thread, it's really a pretty great read and made me appreciate the film much more than I got from my initial watch, I recommend people read/bump that thread if they have stuff to say about the movie.

Then maybe they should be concerned that a loving alien was loose on the ship that could kill him. They have no clue what she even did, let alone what came out of here and where it is. If they gave a poo poo about him then the alien should be a pretty high priority. The movie was trash but it's pretty watchable trash because individually the scenes are pretty drat good and it looks great. They just didn't have any idea how to string it together.

But to bring it back to A:CM I really want to buy this when it hits $30 for the console. Is it worth $30 in retard fun with friends playing together?

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004
They have 7 minutes of game play on IGN and said that there are no weapons in the game.

Robot_Rumpus fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 13, 2014

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

They've already shown a melee weapon and said there'll be a pistol though.

I haven't seen a pistol anywhere and I never saw any other melee weapon. I'm sure you're right, where did they show them?

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

quote:

I don't know why he turned into a zombie; it wasn't in Engineers. He just got facehugged and chestbursted in that.

No, that didn't happen. He was attacked by the scarabs and had his DNA mutated, ending up very similar to what we actually saw.

Spaceking posted:

Engineers in the script are directly compared to as living greek statues. And I'm bashing Lindelof :argh: because most stuff did make sense before he came onboard. Not everything mind, it was still a first draft.

Also I was wrong before; there was a caesearian scene in the original. It was even bloodier.

The original script was stupid as poo poo in its own way. What you just posted here is a good example. That scene is awful and ridiculous. You sound like a 12 year old. What adult reads that scene and gets so excited about it.

quote:

Oh, and Engineers had one-liners. GOOD one-liners.

Plus, the final battle also involved Shaw fighting the proto-alien at the end (called the ULTRAMORPH, because it was ARMOR-PLATED) during a "wilderness of lightning, fire, and twisted metal" where she gets impaled with its tail but shoves a DIAMOND HULLSAW INTO ITS FACE!

Really? That sounds GOOD to you? That reads like a child jacked up on Mt Dew and bored in class decided to write some fan fic.

I actually think that bringing Prometheus further from Alien was a good idea, they just didn't seem to know what the gently caress they were doing overall. In the draft, Shaws BF was an older professor who was an actual character instead of the absolute poo poo fest we got. Oddly enough I found that most of the characters, and reasons for characters doing what they did, were a lot better thought out in the draft. The downside is that David was absolute garbage in the draft.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

To be fair the actual goal of the mission wasn't to really do any science, it was to establish contact with the Engineers and somehow adapt their technology to keep Weilend alive. They didn't need the top geologists or biologists for that, they had David. Why waste money, just hire some idiots with ok credentials who will probably jump at a chance to work for a giant corporation. They just hired Fifield and Milburn to make it look like it was an actual scientific survey. No one who really knew what was going on gave a poo poo about those two or what they could contribute.

Then why bring anyone? If you are being fair you have to make it clear that they hired the straight out most loving retarded PEOPLE in history. The guy has a loving 3d map on his arm and can't figure how to get out of some tunnels after brilliantly running away from some thousand year old skeletons.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Also the reason for the old man makeup was there was supposed to be a bunch of scenes between David and Weyland while Weyland was in suspended animation. David would be communicating with him via the dream visor he used on Elizabeth. In these scenes Weland would have envisioned himself not as the old, decrepit man he was but as the youthful scientist he used to be. Young Weland was played by Guy Pierce (you can see him in some of the pre release TED talks), Scott wanted both versions of Weyland to be played by the same actor. These scenes were scrapped when it was decided they wanted to keep Weylands presence on board a secret for as long as possible. I'm not excusing it, it was a fairly mediocre old man suit, but there was a reason behind it.

Christ it just keeps reminding me how poorly planned that movie was in so many ways. The big 'twist' of him being on board the whole time was ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Palpek posted:

All things considered this game will be at least interesting as a virtual tour of the film set because drat, those environments look great in every video.

Why do people keep saying this? What film set? The ship in Alien blew up so isn't this a different place?

• Locked thread