Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I preordered this like 2 days ago and got the artbook with it somehow still?

Not that I'm complaining but, I guess they lied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

zenintrude posted:

You probably got someone who pre-ordered before you's art book before they got off of work to pick it up... huzzah!

Well I sure hope not, that would make me feel like a massive dick.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Utnayan posted:

PS: When I complete a side quest, does it complete when I find the item/kill the monster/deliver the good? Or do I have to go back to the NPC giver? (I am about two hours in and did a few of these, but didn't know if they fully completed or not)

It depends on the quest. Some will have you go back to the quest-giver, but the majority do not.

You could always look for crowns on your quest-list.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mazed posted:

They hadn't actually planed on adding Xeno- to the name in the first place, but supposedly they did that so it'd bring recognition to the team behind it.

Yeah, the original title was Monado: Beginning of the World, right?

Guess adding the Xeno helps negligibly with sales, though :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ledneh posted:

Now that I'm told not to sell Materials I'm constantly not having enough gold to buy anything at the stores. :smith:

Is there anything really worth buying at the stores though, besides skillbooks?

I get way too much good equipment from killing Unique monsters that it has pretty much killed shops.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Even geared and with his arts set for a tankish style, Dunban deals silly-high amounts of damage compared to Reyn. I had to swap from Riki tanking to Dunban simply because he kept pulling poo poo off of the fuzzball. Now that he's got about three times as much agility as the next highest party member he's a goddamn untouchable ninja, and stuff dies so much faster than when I was using Reyn, Shulk, and Sharla. Even bosses haven't given him any guff yet. Plus he can Break, Topple, and Daze all in one suave package. Pretty much every monster dies on its rear end to a giant chain attack. It might not be Reyn time, but it is HEROPON TIME and that is just so much better.

Hmm. Is tanky-dodgy-awesome Dunban viable for me yet? I just got to The town of Alcamoth, and we're all level 41

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Marogareh posted:

Finally found something that can actually kill Dunban and it's really annoying to deal with if Shulk isn't there. Reached Eryth Sea and it's so :swoon:

The question is, have you seen the falling stars in that area yet?

I think that's my favorite area to date.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 17, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh right, I have a question about the Monado's arts. Can you actually get manuals to upgrade them past level four? Not sure if this is a story-based thing or if I've missed the books somewhere.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

TheLoser posted:

Early-to-mid-game location spoilers.

Alcamoth's needless excessive size and the game being designed with no way to hone in on side quests via the map is literally the only reason my playthrough has grinded to a stop.

I could just go to Prison Island and get the show on the road, but knowing I've left so many quests behind is too grating to put into words.

It's very hard to make yourself do it if you have ocd about those things, but I would just recommend you say gently caress the sidequests and move on.

I know, though. I wanted to complete them all too but there's gotta be a point when you put your foot down and Alcamoth was my breaking point aswell.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've looked around and can't really find out what questline unlocks 7th's fourth skill branch. Anybody mind telling me?

It's kinda hard to look around further without possibly of getting spoiled, at least.

Thanks.

v: Thank you, friend.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 23, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sears Poncho posted:

Don't get me wrong, you can get through the game with pretty much any group, and I'd pick what you have fun playing over anything else, but for most of the game Sharla is the least optimal party member.

Isn't an AI-controlled Melia worse, though?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

One of the few things that bothers me about this game is the randomness of collectibles. poo poo is annoying when I'm trying to get the last one or two for a quest and it takes 10 mins plus.

God help you if you don't trade for Ice Cabbages.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bill O'Riley is GENIUS posted:

Really? I've been using Shulk/Dunban/Sharla or sometimes Shulk/Reyn/Sharla for almost the whole game now and it's been working fine for me. I don't know how you guys get by without Sharla, if I ever try to switch her out I just get utterly stomped by any higher level enemies. In my experience you need the healing arts, and Shulk's one healing art just doesn't cut it.

I think they rely on killing things before they can hurt you.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 5, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

Just finished Prison Island. I knew that reveal was coming, but still, drat.

The Alcamoth quests are driving me bonkers just because of how spread out and boring it is. So I'll ask for tips in lieu of a guide:

Where's the missing boy? I looked all over in Alcamoth and couldn't find him.

He's on the very first floating reef thing in Eryth Sea.

I think I have the wrong quest anyway :v:

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 5, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Allan Assiduity posted:

Largely because it probably won't get an NA release :ssh:

But xSeed has already announced they're bringing The last Story over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Karthe posted:

For clarification, if I'm in battle and suddenly start losing health even if an enemy is dazed or stunned, then my character is suffering spike damage, right?

Pretty much, yeah. if you see blue numbers flying around then you're taking spike damage.

• Locked thread