Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeliriousDelight
Feb 22, 2011

"Let's spend $90 for a robo-puppy who will follow me and play with me and love me forever!"

The dog just walks around and sleeps all day. It won't even play fetch. What kind of dog won't play fetch?
It's funny, when I tried FFXII, I got completely bored by the combat system and gave up after like five hours in. Here, I play the game for a few hours at a time, and during the moments when I'm not playing I'm thinking about this game: reflecting on what just happened during the last main quest parts, how am I going to tackle the next part of the main quest, what sidequests I'm going to finish... :shepface:

It's fantastic so far. The combat is smooth and engaging and so easy to pick up, the music is just lovely, and the characters aren't at all annoying! Even Shulk!

Although some of the names are a little silly, but that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliriousDelight
Feb 22, 2011

"Let's spend $90 for a robo-puppy who will follow me and play with me and love me forever!"

The dog just walks around and sleeps all day. It won't even play fetch. What kind of dog won't play fetch?
I have a sidequest to kill the White Eduardo at Raguel Lake, but it only shows up during thunderstorms. What's the fastest way to trigger a thunderstorm? I've been messing around with the clock during the nighttime hours but so far I haven't been able to trigger one.

Related to this, I'm at the part in the main quest where Juju's been kidnapped, so I have to go to Colony 6 next. How much more do I have before the Bionis' Leg timed quests become locked out?

DeliriousDelight
Feb 22, 2011

thetrin posted:

I usually just save and load the game over and over. Weather effects are randomly generated each time you load, iirc.

Never thought of trying that, though I know it works for respawning named monsters. I'll try it along with more time-fiddling shenanigans.

Also, thanks everyone for explaining about the timed quests. When I saw the clock symbol and realized what it implied my OCD kicked into high gear and started a mad dash to finish as many of them as possible before moving on. :supaburn:

Yet none of this has gotten tedious yet, I'm still having loads of fun.

• Locked thread