Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'd just like to confirm that all of the praise being heaped upon Xenoblade in the OP is not at all hyperbole. Before I bought the game I figured it was, but a couple of hours of playing it proved me wrong. Ended up clocking in at >80 hours, and missed quite a few sidequests, completely immersed the whole time. It really is magical.

I'm actually looking forward to reading all of the first impressions from all the posters, as well as the NA critics.

All I'll say is avoid ALL spoilers. Locations, characters, anything - keep it a blank slate if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I'm not a fan of a link of the spreadsheet being the third line of OP, that poo poo will ruin some of the magic. There should also be a FAQ section in the OP to address stuff that EVERYONE always ask about such as when certain timed quests expired etc.
Yeah that spreadsheet should not be touched until you are 50 hours in at least, and even then it's gonna spoil some poo poo.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
:siren: Follow-up announced! :siren:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

kalensc posted:

I'm feeling kinda dumb that I put over 130 hours into the game but never bothered to figure out how chains worked. I guess I assumed that it was supposed to be rare to get more than 3 hits on a chain so I never had any specific uses for them beyond Break/Topple/Daze combos.
Xenoblade: the RPG you can play for 100 hours without knowing how to chain, use fast travel, or combine gems properly.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
X has a name and is now...

drumroll...

Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Here's a pretty great story trailer from Nintendo's E3 Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2PTVi7fl8

• Locked thread