Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

It's here! I hope it's as good as the internet has promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

By the way, what did the reversible cover end up being for the US version?

It's the same as the art book cover.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Here's a scan of the artbook cover, I think it's a really cool picture.

http://route-20.tumblr.com/post/20595979954/thanks-operation-rainfall

EDIT: the artbook itself is really lame though, you're not missing much if you didn't get it.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

MrChupon posted:

I've never pre-ordered from Gamestop before -- do you generally have to wait for them to call you that your order is indeed in stock on launch day, or could I head over there and grab it?

Just call the store and see if it's in, they usually send a text message to the phone number you used to preorder.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

For some reason I always thought you were stuck with the English voice actors, it's nice to see the option to use the original Japanese/subtitles. This game is blowing my mind so far, I've only just started but it's clearly something special.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Should I be equipping my characters with drops when I get them, or always buying new gear from shops and supplementing that with drops?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I just had a strange problem and I hope it's not my (launch) Wii going bad:

I'm using component cables hooked to a 480i CRT (some have component input even though they don't support progressive scan). During the game the colors suddenly became washed out, particularly reds which became orange, as if I had pulled out the red cable. I went back to the Wii menu and everything looked fine, went back to Xenoblade and it was still washed out.

I loaded another game which worked fine and when I put Xenoblade back in, it was back to normal. Any idea what could have caused this?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

frosteh posted:

Do you have to unlock this fast travel option? Cause I can't find it :(

One of your menu items is a map viewer, just select where you want to go from the list.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Unicornicus posted:

Really the only issue I have is that when I get a new collectable I HAVE to immediately stop and put it in the Collectapedia. And that is my own personal issue, not one with the game.

This and trying to fill out every map of every new area I get to are my only OCD things with this game. For some reason I can't be bothered to care about or keep up with sidequests, I just accept them all and if I happen to complete some while working on the main game, it's a nice bonus. I really don't get the people hating on the game because it give you a lot of completely optional things to do.

EDIT:

InfiniteJesters posted:

The spider queen in Tephra Cave keeps kicking my rear end despite me getting new armor AND and other gear before heading in there, levelling up my arts, and generally at least TRYING to prepare. :argh:

Any advice on how to defeat it? The little ones keep slowing me and Reyn down, and then the spider queen uses the silk spit attack and it all goes downhill, even with me using the Monado Shield correctly.

I had problems with this until I went up one level hunting various things around those caves, and then it was very easy. I think just one level makes a huge difference in this game. I don't remember what I was at the time but try leveling a bit and see where that gets you.

d0s fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 10, 2012

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

TheLoser posted:

Wow. I was cruising along in the mines below Colony 6 when the boss came and suddenly kicked my rear end. Twice. I like playing as Shulk, but should I be playing the healer for that fight? She's the first person to fall in my party and then its always downhill from there.

FYI He's level 25 and I'm 26.

Oh, this is scary, I'm saved right outside of these (for the first time) and I'm only level 20. Does this happen right when you get there or is this later in the game?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I'm not sure how the English voices are, but I'm using Japanese with subs and everything (but particularly the awesomely evil Mechon) sounds like an over the top shonen anime. I was grinning like an idiot during all of the cutscenes leading up to and after The fight with Xord in the Colony 6 mines and the subsequent appearance of Metal Face and Dunban. It's such a welcome change of tone for JRPGs. I highly recommend playing through in Japanese during your next playthrough if you're playing in English now, especially if you're into things like Gurren.

d0s fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 10, 2012

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It's not part of any series. It's completely unrelated in every way to Xenogears and Xenosaga.

Can this be added to the top of the OP in big bold text with some sirens and stuff? It seems like the question gets asked a lot and the Xeno name might even be turning people off from the game before they even ask the question.

I think it was a bad decision to give the game that name, aside from Xenogears I can't really say I have a positive association with those games, and I don't think many do.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Man that mandatory fetch quest when you reach the end of Satorl Marsh really kills the momentum. Maybe I just don't like the area as much as other people seem to and am eager to leave, so reaching what looks like the end and being told "OK, now backtrack through there and get me some stuff so you can leave for real" was the first time this game has ever made me turn it off from simply not wanting to play rather than tiredness/real world responsibilities.

It's still awesome though, I just hope it doesn't resort to stuff like this too much in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Marogareh posted:

I am loving the jungle area since it's literally Land of the lost.

Yeah it's my favorite area so far, those rope bridges :swoon:

• Locked thread