Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Can I just say when Jessica left I kind of stopped caring as much about SNSD? They're still pretty baller, but she was my fave.

e: also is anyone excited for season 2 of Age of Youth?

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Koramei posted:

hell yeah

the first season is one of only like 3 k-dramas that i think actually stands up as pretty good TV even by western standards

Agreed. It was one of the best shows I watched in 2016, period. And I watch way too much television.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The characters all feel very real, despite there still being some weirdness/over dramatic moments because it still has its kdrama moments. But they all feel like girls I've known, and there's some amazing acting in it.

It's very slice of life while still feeling substantial. Really good mix of some more western sensibilities in its serialization, but still feeling very S. Korean.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I started watching Reply 1994 on a whim and fell in love. It's pretty cliche but really well done imo, some great acting from the main cast and the characters are all super endearing.

I guess I'm technically watching them out of order or w/e, but it's an anthology series afaik. Has anyone watched it, and are Reply 1997 and Reply 1988 as good as 94?

This show is rly spoiling me, the episodes can be so long. loving 60+ minutes and a 21 episode season order.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tortuga posted:

I watched these. 1994 was actually my least favorite of the three. Reply 1988 is especially brilliant and totally nails the 80s nostalgia.

Good to know! The 1997 cast cameo in 1994 worried me a little, so I hope I still dig it. I'm probably going to watch 1988 next.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Age of Youth 2 started last month. Anyone know if there's groups subbing it, or do I have to wait for Netflix to pick it up once it finishes airing?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Isn't everyone back full time but Kang, who we'll see a bit of anyway? Or do you mean they recast some of the four remaining girls?

Either way I'm hype. Thanks for the link!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm assuming it will hit Netflix once the whole season is out, that's where I watched the first. I've been holding off on the temptation to watch some of the fansubs.

Shame about them replacing the main girl, she was good, but of the girls left living in the boarding house she's the only one I think won't suffer from having a new actress. The other three would imo.

e: as someone working through 1994 slowly and loving loving it, I'm glad to hear 1988 is a cut above. I might watch that one before 1997 now, if only because the brief cameo the 1997 cast has in 1994 didn't endear me to any of them.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Age of Youth/Hello My Twenties S2 hitting Netflix on the 18th.

In Canadia anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Koramei posted:

looks like it's in the US too. about time, I've been holding off on that until it was but I've heard it's supposed to be really good.

Yeah, I started watching some fansub before telling myself to just wait so I can binge it all like I did S1.

Timing's perfect. Gives me something to watch when I'm home for Christmas.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jamesman posted:

Well holy poo poo. Waking up to read that SHINee's Jonghyun committed suicide.

He'd actually been pretty active lately. He just held a solo concert and filmed for a variety show. :(

poo poo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

disjoe posted:

So did they forget to hit the button on this or what

I haven't even checked yet, completely forgot! I'll take a look once I settle in from work. Could be it's rolling out at diff dates but idk.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Double postin', but Hello, My Twenties/Age of Youth season 2 is indeed on Netflix Canada.

e: going to save it for when I'm visiting fam next week, aw yeah

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Weird! Hopefully that gets sorted soon. Worst case scenario, I'm sure someone has or will rip the Netflix version.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Koramei posted:

kpop died in 2014 when Ladies Code had the car crash and Jessica left SNSD.

Man I'm still sad about Jessica leaving SNSD. Her solo stuff's alright but things will never be the same again!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm finally finishing up Age of Youth 2 after putting it off far too long, and this show is still so loving good. Though I miss the original actress, I'm really starting to dig the new Eun-jae. She has this weird, crazy-eyed look to her a lot of the time that I think really suits the character.

I miss Kang most of all tbqh, but the new girl is pretty good so far. I look forward to everyone probably thinking she's a lesbian (and then her not being one because korea).

• Locked thread