Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I had heard of King 2 Hearts through TaeYeon's OST (which is incredible). I'm not too familiar with Lee SeunGi as an actor, only through Strong Heart and appearances on other shows.

Those three shows all look very interesting, I may give them each a look soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Seems like a lot of these shows like to use the North-South divide as a plot point. I suppose it is a lingering topic though.

Isn't city hunter the show with Kwang Soo and Go Hara?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Jamesman posted:

Also I don't know what the general Korean opinion is on gagwomen, but Kim Na Young is totally gorgeous.

She absolutely is, but she's a gagwoman, so ugh, she's actually ugly and gross.

WGM is just pure distilled loveliness. Even though reality shows are mostly unscripted, there still has to be some involvement by scriptwriters and post editing. WGM may have just as much as any other show, but from actually watching it, it just seems like a show that creates itself.

No one's mentioned the YongSeo couple yet. I've watched bits of the Khuntoria and Adam couple, but nothing comes close to the d'aaaaaaw from the YongSeo couple. Seeing them start off so awkward, but ending up with an undeniable closeness is just beautiful to watch.

e: Speaking of shows that create themselves, the Infinity news special has been subbed. The first 8 minutes or so is just the cast pissing about and cracking each other up. It's glorious.

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 10, 2012

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Revenant Threshold posted:

I'm sure from those screencaps that i've already seen this subbed somewhere. Most likely not in as good quality subs as Soshified turns out, though - it's probably worth another watch for me.

Soshified have an irritating habit of releasing redundant subs. The YongSeo WGM saga has been completed with quality subs for quite some time, but soshified still insist on subbing it themselves despite being quite a ways off from finishing it. It's a shame since there are quite a few variety appearances of the girls that still remain unsubbed.

T. Couchfucker posted:

Really disappointing if true. I was going to make a post today about how while the obvious draw of WGM is the idol/celebrity couples, the show wouldn't be as entertaining as it is without the studio team, their reactions/comments are great and I really enjoy them as a group.

I honestly forgot all about the studio cast when I was reminiscing in my previous post. They have a really great selection in the adorable NaYoung, half of 2AM, who are up there with the funniest idol groups and of course provided priceless commentary on the Adam couple and the fantastic Park Misun, I'm not sure who the older guy is, but he's awesome too. The dynamic is perfect, with the younger cast giving an idea on dating nowadays and the older cast remembering their younger years when they were dating.

WGM really is just a magical show all round.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Has anyone watched "Light and Shadow"? I don't really know much about it, but I'll get into it if it's any good. Put simply, Narsha is Narsha.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Archer2338 posted:

Also, I don't know if Happy Together S3 gets subbed anywhere, but this week's episode has both Haha and Sukjin in it (with some other guests). It's hilarious, especially with the good old bickering between the two male MCs (YJS, PMS), and Haha+Sukjiin. The other guests are no slouches either.

It really is behind quite a bit, I'm still waiting for subs of the Kwang Soo episode to appear. This Haha Suk Jin one should be great, the Golden bell episode that Suk Jin appeared on was one of the funniest. Dude is seriously hilarious, makes it even more sad how much he has fallen behind in appearances on Running man recently.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This SNSD unit is fantastic news. Anything that increases the concentration of TaeYeon is good news for me. Not that Tiffany and SeoHyun aren't awesome singers, but TaeYeon is TaeYeon.

Hopefully it's not just a ballad album (it will be). I'd love to hear something like Narsha's self titled EP.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
SeoHyun is a great singer (take her new OST for example, it's incredible), but Tiffany is definitely the second best singer in SNSD. Great power and range and a lot of emotion.

As I mentioned before, Narsha's solo album is incredible. Apart from the tack on teaser tracks at the end, it's pretty much 100% perfect.

Is this becoming the Korean music thread?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It's not the whole group, but the Happy together episode with Narsha and Ga-in is a great one.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This comic states that there are distinct characters for "k" and "g". If that's the case, why is there so much ambiguity in the romanised versions of names and words that use them? For example, sometimes Kwang Soo is Gwang Soo and sometimes Jong Kook is Jong Gook. Are these just mistakes on the subber's part?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I have more of a problem finding raws for Infinity challenge. As previously mentioned, DDD have done the subs for yes/no part 1, but I can't find the raw for that episode anywhere.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It seems like Kim Tae Hee is one of those Korean paragons of beauty that actually deserve their title.

The news of a new LeeSang album news is fantastic. I'm seriously hyped for it, their last album was absolutely incredible.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I managed to find clips from the "I am a singer too" Infinity challenge episode.

gently caress me, Jun Ha is incredible. They've sung at times before and he's shown tone and control, but I had no idea he was THIS good. I wonder if the other members were expecting a performance of that level.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I just can't bring myself to care about 2NE1 in the slightest.

Also, stay classy, Japan.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Lyer posted:

I like this one better than the one they released last week. On a completely unrelated note, Seohyun's english is really, really good. :stare:

She's actually done surprising me. Now I just assume she's fantastic at everything.

The LeeSsang song is also fantastic, but I wasn't expecting any less from it either.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I always thought Hong Chul was loud and irritating before heroes. Then I realised he is adorable and hilarious. Then I watched Infinity challenge and realised he's even much more than that.

I think Heroes may have been my introduction IU also.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
That is Invincible Youth 2's Hyun Woo, right? Our Hyun Woo? Serious props for him, it obviously took balls. Also, while the respective agencies seemed to have poo poo their collective pants, it seems like the public is firmly behind him, which is nice.

I've noticed that Big is on viki, but it seems to be blocked in the UK. Does anyone know of a good way to circumvent this block, whether it's specific to viki or not?

It would be nice if these Korean shows were just on usenet, ready to be pulled by sickbeard, but alas, it's not the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I'm already in the UK.

The link qbert posted works fine and the quality is just as good considering it's the same subbing team, just posted elsewhere. I'm still going to need to investigate a way to browse viki peacefully, since they just have so much poo poo on there.

• Locked thread