Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:allears: Brue-Balls Lee. I cannot wait until we meet up with Jet Li and Jackie Chan in this universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

This is GLORIOUS.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Is there any kind of release schedule on this? Or is it just when one group or another gets around to it?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I'm so glad I finally managed to get over the drooling and catch up on this

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Frome posted:

I'm so glad I finally managed to get over the drooling and catch up on this

That is a bit wierd, but everything about this is a bit wierd, and AMAZING.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Death Bot posted:

Is there any kind of release schedule on this? Or is it just when one group or another gets around to it?

It's whenever EasyGoing, the only group working on it, gets a chapter done/one comes out in Korea.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Dickeye posted:

It's whenever EasyGoing, the only group working on it, gets a chapter done/one comes out in Korea.

Mostly whenever EasyGoing can release one, as they are behind the original by many many chapters.

Admittedly, there's lots of Chinese character related Korean puns to translate, but I'd love to know if translating or adding in the translation is the bottleneck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I like Magician a lot more now that the chapters are being released in bunches. It does wonders for the pacing issues.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
Hard to fault egscans though since they have a shitload of a projects and release most fairly regularly.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I like Magician a lot more now that the chapters are being released in bunches. It does wonders for the pacing issues.

The dude translating them right now is putting some serious effort into it. Putting out like 5+ chapters a week.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Homo Depot posted:

Hard to fault egscans though since they have a shitload of a projects and release most fairly regularly.

Not trying to fault them; honestly, it was a crappy attempt at seeing if they would want some translation help. Only because I really like this series, and I wouldn't mind translating it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Noblesse 238

Last chapter of the current season. Next one starts in a month or so.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

new God of High School

This is pretty heavy on the backstory of sword girl #2 and hammer uncle fight should be next chapter, I like these 3 and hope we see more of them. Also I wouldn't be surprised if multiple 3 man teams get to move on from this stage of the contest.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

3 more Magician, why are you not reading this if you aren't?

Hey God of High School 53

Finally a new Breaker: new Waves 74

So she shoved his blood back in by force

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess Enzu isn't his father's son, but is instead the last scion of the previous ruling family.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yureka is kind of interesting now and then, whenever they dip into the Matrix-like espionage/intrigue plotlines.

Are there any other stories that do the same sort of thing?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

New Magician, Again 149, Enzu's past coming up.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Breaker 75

I wonder how he's going to snap out of it once he hulks out.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Algid posted:

Breaker 75

I wonder how he's going to snap out of it once he hulks out.

Naw, I'm guessing that this is gonna be the critical moment for his ki to come back; as in, the hulking out technique goes haywire or something because of his blocked ki and just restores his ki to normal or some poo poo. Whether I'm right or not, I think we're way overdue for the main guy to actually beat the poo poo out of someone.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

pnumoman posted:

Naw, I'm guessing that this is gonna be the critical moment for his ki to come back; as in, the hulking out technique goes haywire or something because of his blocked ki and just restores his ki to normal or some poo poo. Whether I'm right or not, I think we're way overdue for the main guy to actually beat the poo poo out of someone.

He beat Coolguy not too long ago which then led to some of the greatest scenes so far when the Sun-woo Elder went nuts. But yeah, it is about time his ki center gets fixed because this is getting ridiculous. Between the Black Heaven and Earth technique and the crazy drugs he's been on hopefully this is it. Then we can get some intense training arcs and ultimately back to the Nine Arts Dragon.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Lyon posted:

went nuts. But yeah, it is about time his ki center gets fixed because this is getting ridiculous.
That poo poo is still a thing? Glad I dropped it earlier.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Jackard posted:

That poo poo is still a thing? Glad I dropped it earlier.

Well he got these magic pills that gave him the ability to use ki but his ki center is still broken. So about half way through he started to be able to use martial arts again, a step in the right direction anyway.

The original series was kind of slow too but it still enjoyable to me. Nothing will ever compare to Veritas though... I wish that had gotten continued.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

So Martial Arts Extreme etc etc...

Goddamn I want you guys caught up to the raws. This week's strip is a filler(? maybe not) that is hilarious.

EDIT: And yeah, I forgot about that time in Breaker: New Waves with the beatdown that was due to the pill. But still, gently caress the pills.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Breaker was always slow as poo poo, there was just enough of it out to be nearing the end of part 1 when everyone started reading

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scott Bakula posted:

The Breaker was always slow as poo poo, there was just enough of it out to be nearing the end of part 1 when everyone started reading

This is really the truth. If you go back and read through the start of New Waves things actually happen at a decent pace in terms of in-world timelines. It's just that each individual chapter is slower paced and nuanced. It'd probably feel like it advanced more evenly if it were a monthly release of 40-60 pages and not a weekly 20 page shot. I guess I could wait a month and then run through four chapters at a time if I had any self control where stories are concerned.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This week in:

The Breaker: loving finally. :black101:

God of High School: A Gandalf Stand lol. Standing still casting and chanting for several seconds in a kung fu fight seems like a poor strategy.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

This week in:

The Breaker: loving finally. :black101:

Finally is right. Third page of the chapter and he loving breaks his opponents wrist in one hit, hell yes. Did he headbutt that steel tube on page 10 to stay focused? Then the door exploding open, goddamn. Going to be a long week's wait for the next chapter.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yessss!! This is literally what I've been waiting for since I started reading New Waves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Breaker will backpedal soon, moving far away from all of the good parts. That's what it always seems to do.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

If I set my expectation to him suddenly collapsing, and waking up with his ki center so broken that the medication doesn't work, everything will seem pretty awesome in comparison.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

special martial arts extreme hell private high school 10

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Brueballs Lee is the best teacher.

e: best set of pages starting right here

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 20, 2012

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Didn't stop laughing the entire time

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Frome posted:

Didn't stop laughing the entire time

Just kinda stared slack-jawed.

.... what?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

New chapter of The Breaker: New Waves

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Well that's what I've been waiting for from him for the entire series. That two page spread was nothing short of incredible.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I was all jazzed about checking it out but gently caress any scan group that throws a massive loving watermark up like that.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Dickeye posted:

I was all jazzed about checking it out but gently caress any scan group that throws a massive loving watermark up like that.

A-Team keeps telling people to not upload to Reader sites, and people keep doing it. Hence the watermarks, kinda silly on the whole really but not the most obnoxious ones I have seen.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MadHat posted:

A-Team keeps telling people to not upload to Reader sites, and people keep doing it. Hence the watermarks, kinda silly on the whole really but not the most obnoxious ones I have seen.

There is literally no reason to do it other than being a bunch of whiny loving babies who want to control exactly how people read the illegal scans that they're posting.

Scans that the creator of the series asked them to stop doing.

They're entitled shits just like mangastream, except worse because at least MS's is/was vaguely unobtrusive. This one is literally across the entire page and says "gently caress you" in it.

Where the hell do they even want you to read it? Their site doesn't have a reader!

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Also the empirical evidence suggests that it does not, in fact, stop people from uploading their scans to reader sites.