Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Burned through Dungeon Reset and it's pretty good!

About half done with Solo Leveling too now, and this is also really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jose posted:

solo levelling had the novel, i think, concept of a character being horny for the main character and he obliviously asked if that was the case and they said yes

I can't read Korean so unless it was translated this is the best I got.

Chapter 70 so far. :perfect:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Caught up on:

Solo Leveling
Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint
Dungeon Reset
Solo Login

Currently reading:

Season 2 of Tower of God

What else here do you think I might like?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Did you do Hardcore Leveling Warrior and God of High School?

I quite recommend the GoHS anime on Crunchyroll as well, they clearly saved animation budget on ToG so they could use it here which works out since ToG is a lot more personal drama and less action. It's going a little fast but also the series is crazy so that kinda works out better

I did not, but I've heard the names thrown around.

ToG anime isn't half bad but the pacing is breakneck speeds. english dub has JYB :swoon:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Caught up on Tower of God

That hiatus 😭

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Omniscient Reader got me to start reading Solo Leveling and drat it's fun but also drat spending KRW 500 per chapter sucks!!!!!

At least it'll only cost me, like, uh.

Less than $100 to catch up? I think? How many chapters are there anyways.

Is it bad to say don't pay to read manga online? Or is that a faux pas still

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Also it turns out that Solo Leveling only has 120 chapters so I'm spending only KRW 55,000 or so.

I'm not paying $35 to get caught up on a single series, just because the "official" release translates the sound effects I didn't need translated.

I'm down for some merch, though, instead. Or an english translated tankubon, but that's not really available in english.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Japanese Solo Leveling is popular, but they renamed Jin Woo to something else, and it takes place in Tokyo instead of Seoul. Also the Japanese are Chinese instead :)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sasuga.

What the gently caress is Jejudo gonna be then. Just some random Japanese island?

No idea, I can only read a few hiragana characters

It's just funny to me because it seems like SK hates Japan and Japan hates the Chinese, but that's just an American nerd's armchair observation

American manga readers probably wouldn't care too much, in their shoes. We get made to be the antagonists in lots of manga anyway

edit: vvv that's fair

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ToG is coming out of hiatus, 487 raws are out (though I'm hearing only for 5 chapters and then going back on hiatus)