Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Let me tell you why Geukji High is so good.

There's a cat named Oscar de la Hoya who tries to gently caress a motorcycle, a boy gets Goku hair from a handshake, and his powers are going to be unlocked by a massage chair that runs on a Harley-Davidson engine.

Also a girl fights a bear.

And we're only five chapters in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Reiche posted:

Ooooh, I did not know about this one, thanks! Adding it to the OP now.

You're in luck! Chapters 6 and 7 are out too!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yes.

Oh my god yes.

I can't loving wait.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Death Bot posted:

Is there any kind of release schedule on this? Or is it just when one group or another gets around to it?

It's whenever EasyGoing, the only group working on it, gets a chapter done/one comes out in Korea.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I was all jazzed about checking it out but gently caress any scan group that throws a massive loving watermark up like that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MadHat posted:

A-Team keeps telling people to not upload to Reader sites, and people keep doing it. Hence the watermarks, kinda silly on the whole really but not the most obnoxious ones I have seen.

There is literally no reason to do it other than being a bunch of whiny loving babies who want to control exactly how people read the illegal scans that they're posting.

Scans that the creator of the series asked them to stop doing.

They're entitled shits just like mangastream, except worse because at least MS's is/was vaguely unobtrusive. This one is literally across the entire page and says "gently caress you" in it.

Where the hell do they even want you to read it? Their site doesn't have a reader!

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 23, 2012

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who gives a gently caress, let's get more Kung Fu Nipple Manga

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Scott Bakula posted:

EGScans had a moan on their site about it. According to them the group who've started a few of their most popular series are cutting full pages that are hard to translate out or just leaving stuff untranslated. Basically trying to ensure they're first out by any means necessary. This is the only one I actually read though and its definitely lower quality image. Enough that its noticeable.

Yeah after reading that I'm just going to wait for EGS to put poo poo out. They're slower but oh well, I'd rather have good poo poo done by people who care than just read the poo poo someone churns out just to churn it out.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bumping to say that EG's GoHS 66 and Geukji 12 are out.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A reminder that that's not the EG release of Nipple Fighter and thus has a better chance of being dookie if it's from that group that was not translating parts that were "hard".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is anyone else reading Peak? I started it on a whim after seeing it on EG's site and it's dang good. It's about a mountain rescue team in Korea. That's...that's basically it, it's just about them being a rescue team.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it's a bad description, I went in thinking they'd get to the mountain and SECRET GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENTS MONSTERS OOOOOOOH.

Nah. They learn to save people, they get stronger every day, they replace their predecessors as the rescue team. That's it. It's Kokou No Hito minus the life-ruining obsession part.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Except 12 was done by a speedscan-type group that EG had called out as taking shortcuts. EGScans only did up to 11.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm expecting a lot. I'm assuming he's using the same thing as against Coolguy, except this time he's not calm. I hope we get some absolutely sloppy knock down drag out brawling going on here, him just throwing himself and anything within his reach at the guy, punching clean through the hoods of cars, busting trees, complete brutality as everyone else just stares on in abject horror or runs in terror.

I might actually read The Breaker if this happens. I want the world to burn around him as he kicks buildings in half. You ever read World War Hulk, where Hulk is so pissed that his footsteps are literally tearing the earth apart? That's what I want.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've been marathoning The Breaker/New Waves the last few weeks. New Waves definitely works better in one long run than it does weekly. That said, Shioon really needs to stay on the loving warpath, the fight where he busted out the Seismic Step is probably the best part of the comic so far.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
RIP AND TEAR SHIOON

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who even tries to parse this poo poo instead of just going "Yeah uh huh chi center sure gently caress HE JUST KICKED A CAR IN HALF"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dan7el posted:

I just really hope that Shioon now truly has the ability, again, to use his Chi. I'm postulating the reason his "old master" destroyed Shioon's Chi-Center to begin with was so that Shioon could "evolve" past the "norm" and become this super-Chi master that he apparently is becoming -- the Hwan Gol Tal Tae -- whatever that is. Does someone have a good translation for that? I saw "overhaul rebirth". He is the "overhaul rebirth"? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

So...really, he's been on that loving island long enough. Leave the island, regain your Chi abilities, and do some serious rear end kicking. Please.

I thought the reason 9-Arts broke his chi center was to keep him from getting involved in murim poo poo anymore. Like, I'm 90% sure this is the actual stated reason.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man what are you talking about, reading New Waves without reading the original? Read the original! It's a lot of Shioon being a wimp but the ending is pure Rip And Tear.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A-Team is releasing it tomorrow with all the pages and without the big Manga Panda watermark. I'll wait.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Scott Bakula posted:

You mean the A-team that have worse watermarks than any other scan group?

The watermarks that they don't do anymore, yes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Breaker NW is up. 9AD is back in town, and poo poo's hitting the fan

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 25, 2013

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Breaker is up, somewhere. I just grabbed it off A-Team's site.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sorced posted:

Alot of naver series have been dropped but at least Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell somethingsomething is still getting translated :allears:

It's also not one of the ones on Line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The best parts of Breaker are always someone going absolutely apeshit and murdering everything in sight with magic kung-fu