Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Breaker: New Waves 71 is out and this chapter really has me hoping that our lovable protagonist finds a way to harness some goddamn ki because if he has to keep getting his rear end saved for the rest of this manga every time his naivete rears it's head I'm going to be disappointed. I'm ready for the protagonist force of will shonen power of friendship and justice gear up already, I've been ready since the fight in the gym when he managed to hold off the swordsman with willpower and I've got less interest in seeing him tortured and abused yet again and more interest in seeing some righteous rear end-kicking coming from someone besides Jini's grandfather already. Not that I wouldn't welcome more of that too, but seriously let's go already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

:allears: Brue-Balls Lee. I cannot wait until we meet up with Jet Li and Jackie Chan in this universe.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scott Bakula posted:

The Breaker was always slow as poo poo, there was just enough of it out to be nearing the end of part 1 when everyone started reading

This is really the truth. If you go back and read through the start of New Waves things actually happen at a decent pace in terms of in-world timelines. It's just that each individual chapter is slower paced and nuanced. It'd probably feel like it advanced more evenly if it were a monthly release of 40-60 pages and not a weekly 20 page shot. I guess I could wait a month and then run through four chapters at a time if I had any self control where stories are concerned.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

This week in:

The Breaker: loving finally. :black101:

Finally is right. Third page of the chapter and he loving breaks his opponents wrist in one hit, hell yes. Did he headbutt that steel tube on page 10 to stay focused? Then the door exploding open, goddamn. Going to be a long week's wait for the next chapter.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

Please, please let him win this fight on his merits and not need rescuing again.

I really hope so too. Also "It looks like I have some time before I turn to ashes." is one of the best panels of the series yet. Those goddamn eyes. :supaburn:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

"You're going to get this manwha banned!" :allears: Between this and Beelzebub shonen will never be the same.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Do not underestimate the world of spoilers! A man's spoiler, I'll show you the difference in scale!

So is she a cyborg or what? Honestly from all that we've seen so far this reveal didn't even surprise me.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

Isn't that obvious? If someone has detachable mechanical arms but otherwise seems human, they are a cyborg.

In this manga? Nothing is obvious. :colbert:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

When I read this one I get a "Korean Bleach, but still at the point where Bleach was kind of interesting" vibe.

Inclined to agree, and I really like it so far. The characters have motivations that are at least somewhat more nuanced than a cardboard cutout what with our protagonist not wanting to have powers at all and her body snatcher not really knowing how he can resolve his situation. I almost get an Inuyasha vibe from the two main characters thus far, but it hasn't gotten terrible yet so I'm holding hope the author continues making somewhat believable characters.

The ghosts are all fantastic as well. :3:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

Also let's get the ki-center permanently fixed already.

This should've happened at least fifty chapters ago. Yeah it's great to see how cleverly he can manipulate his minuscule amount of ki or whatever to barely escape fights he must really be a prodigy we get it already. I hope this explosion deal knocks him out and kills a bunch of the clan including the gramps and then we timeskip to 6 months later to see SUC is doing all sorts of crazy bad poo poo. Cue two generic skulls talking about a rumor that someone has been taking out their guys and the one doing it is some untouchable beast. Next panel is Shiwoon utterly trashing them like Gramps did.

Because without a timeskip I don't foresee us getting to a full time badass Shiwoon until 400 chapters in at this pace, if ever. We get little tastes of it but that's it. Maybe the author doesn't want that at all, but I find that hard to believe.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 28, 2012

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

I want to believe. At least they aren't saving the gramps, that would've been the ultimate in bullshit no matter how much I like the character.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm expecting a lot. I'm assuming he's using the same thing as against Coolguy, except this time he's not calm. I hope we get some absolutely sloppy knock down drag out brawling going on here, him just throwing himself and anything within his reach at the guy, punching clean through the hoods of cars, busting trees, complete brutality as everyone else just stares on in abject horror or runs in terror.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope it ends with Shioon just slamming him around as a rag doll. Basically I want this:

We're halfway there what with Shioon taking a swing at Jinie.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly I found the short interlude to Elder Kwon to be the most thoughtful part of the chapter. BS about his spirit center aside, that Elder Kwon could set his focus on the head even when just informed one of his fellow Elders, a man who he was probably at least somewhat close to, is dead? Elder Kwon is a steel hearted motherfucker, and Shioon is fortunate to have him trying to look out for him and the clan now.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Newest chapter of Breaker New Waves is out. The last page is pretty :black101: and presumably allows the author to end this fight without Shion destroying all the cops incoming.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

They need to end that story arc. If these last few chapters set Shiwoon back on the ki center recovery I will be moderately annoyed. I think I would just stop reading weekly until someone told me he was 100% fixed because come on.

What they should do is have a couple chapters of recovery, then have him and the clan go on the offensive trying to go after SUC. I mean his moms in the hospital, they just loving demolished the school, what else is left to him now? He's pretty much at his lowest point, so in traditional heroic arc fashion it's time to start making a serious comeback.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gearhead posted:

It's true, this is the most CHANGE we've seen in him in a long time. We're actually very close to the personality he demonstrated towards the end of the first series again, when he woke up and realized 'Wait a second. I'm actually kinda badass.'

I just hope the author doesn't go super overboard about it. It's not too much to ask for a Shioon that demands respect and doesn't accept bullshit while at the same time being a selfless individual where his friends are concerned. :gbsmith:

What's the bit about "he really believes he is the Gaju" supposed to mean? Do they just think he actually is a figurehead?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
:dance: Let's go Shioon. I like Shioon demanding the respect of his position. A lot.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

KittyEmpress posted:

I hope the Elders get to the hospital before the doctor gets to Shiwoon, because otherwise I can't see a way for this arc to end without Shiwoon trouncing the doctor guy before the Elders get there.

It's nice to see last chapter wasn't a feint. I liked this chapter a lot.

The doctor isn't there to fight him though, but to help his recovery so they could use him to control the Sunwoo I thought. If he doesn't need healing that's one thing, and Shioon might be unwilling to tolerate continued disrespect so that could lead to a fight I suppose. Lot of ways this could go from here.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was really hoping that we would see Shioon just take a tree branch and throw it into the helicopter's cockpit, but I suppose him taking on dozens of them single handedly works for me too.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

The artist did a fantastic job on that page. If you go back and look at Breaker the pulled back hair style Shioon has because of his hands is almost exactly how 9 Arts Dragon used to wear his hair. He probably also played with the facial lines a bit but my memory isn't that good.

I'm worried about this duel now because when the Sunwoo elders arrive they won't be able to interfere (I'm guessing), hopefully someone in the next chapter gives an info dump on what exactly the protocol for a Murim duel is. I don't remember it being covered earlier but maybe it was when he fought laughing sword or even that other kid clan leader back in Breaker.

I don't think Elder Kwon would hesitate for a second to poo poo all over any duel procedures or rules if he was so inclined to interrupt the two of them. He has a history of not giving a gently caress when his clan is being screwed with.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cynic Jester posted:

I'm...

I'm pretty sure TBNW is now the thing I look forward to reading the most every week. Considering the first 100 or so chapters, I never thought I'd see the day.

Cynic Jester posted:

Rip and tear, Shioon. Rip and tear.

Shioon, you're supposed to be ripping and tearing other people. Not clawing your own flesh off bare handed.:ohdear:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Batterypowered7 posted:

Chapter 121 of The Breaker: New Waves

Hahahahaha, Shioon being a pedantic fucker in the middle of a fight is a wonderful throwback to his character at the very start of the first manhwa series when he minced words with Nine Arts Dragon to try and get him to train him. Seeing him do the same thing and then try to destroy his opponents' foot is all sorts of wonderful.

I'm a big fan of the line-crosssketching that occurs when someone emanates lethal intent in this series, though I think arguably my favorite single image of intimidation is this one from the Coolguy fight:

:supaburn:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Well, he IS being calm. I imagine his non-calm landing would have been as a Sunwoo rocket.

But instead of a car it's just one of the grunts faces. :black101:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

New Breaker: New Waves out.

Vedict: :stare:

:magical:

How did I ever doubt this series. I'm so sorry.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bernardo Orel posted:

Breaker New Waves 126 Helicopter diving, the favourite pastime of people in Korea :v:

"I haven't lost." :zoro:

Hopefully we'll get to see some general scenes of the basic clan members fighting these soldiers, watching them fight the SWAT team earlier was great.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chapter 128 better be Shioon removing the pin with his own hand and then proclaiming his victory and walking away with everyone else loving stunned. Going to be a long loving month with how great the recent chapters have been.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

toanoradian posted:

There was a Can't See Can't Hear But Love thread, but since last post was on March the thread fell to archives.

Anyway, there are four brand new chapters of Can't See Can't Hear But Love. It's the good news that'll ruin your day!

You're loving poo poo, President.

Rocks fall, everyone dies a horrible grisly loving depressing death, gently caress everything and burn it down. :negative: :smithicide:

At this rate is the best possible outcome that the ambulance driver ends up with Sori, and that the President gets hit by a loving bus? Someone is going to have a happy ending god drat it, I need someone to have a positive ending in this story.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can't See, Can't Hear, But Love SADNESS INCARNATE Chapter 75 is available. It's kinda hard for me to read though, this room has so much dust in it and it keeps getting in my eyes.

A... happy... ish... chapter? Oh god, what is going to go horribly wrong next chapter.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

I hope things stay like this forever. :unsmigghh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

nerdz posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/My-Young-Cat-and-My-Old-Dog

I read 9 chapters of this. This will make me cry, won't it?

Somebody decided they want to go deeper than "Can't See, Can't Hear, But Love" into sadness? :shepicide: I don't even own pets anymore, I'd have to go out and buy five dogs if this single image is any indication.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Breaker New Waves: Pedal to the floor until this thing breaks apart. :black101:

Should be interesting to see how this clash unfolds. 9AD clearly doesn't care about civilians being caught up in the situation.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
New Waves 138

Wasn't expecting them to get wiped out basically in a single chapter by one person, holy poo poo. Given that this is the person at the end of the original series seemed pretty much equal to Goomoonryong after he had snapped it makes sense.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 22, 2013

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Afterschool War Activities has a new chapter.

This series started off slow, but now it seems like poo poo is hitting the fan left and right. In 10 more chapters it'll be 3 people left alive if they keep loving things up in the field against these things.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

I think he's definitely going to hit a limit on how many skills he can learn soon, and have to start deciding whether to forget skills to learn new ones.

That's my expectation as well. The combination of that and stat requirements is enough for our protagonist to have meaningful hurdles in any future battles to keep the tension up.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Pretty much this. I know your pain gamer dude. Where the gently caress is the respec guy anyway? Why the hell is there no manual? Remember that item description last chapter? Mark my words, the devs are laughing at us right now, fuckin' devs. :argh:

We haven't even gotten a glimpse at Mounts yet. :getin:

The Gamer sounded like a dumb premise at first, but I'm really enjoying it so far. The plot seems to be slow so far but I can settle for that as we learn the world mechanics and our protagonist.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cynic Jester posted:

Move over Breaker, Gamer is the new poo poo. I love this manhwa so much.

Gamer is fantastic, but I'm still waiting on Mounts and Minions/Pets. :colbert:

Oh crap, if he can form a party can he also form a guild or clan and send tells or create a guild bank to pool item storage? This changes everything.

I wonder if his raised Intelligence is going to manifest in his personality and not just as "I get better grades in school / have more mana). Will he start making connections about how stuff works more rapidly?

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 18, 2014

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

Breaker: New Waves 145 is out early. Sunwoo Elder continues to be the most badass loving dude alive.

Gramps you're the best. Honestly I kind of want to see the other Elders do some fighting once in a while though, Would've been nice if Shioon would've put up some defense as well, though I understand why he might not at all be concerned about being attacked despite the words given that he hasn't seen Nine Arts in such a long time.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

Breaker 166. Elder Kwon continues to be the most bad rear end person in existence and that final panel is pretty cool too.

Man that chapter felt really short. But really good. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nondevor posted:

For anyone who's interested, the last few chapters of Can't See, Can't Hear But Love were finally translated.

I've only read one of the new releases so far and stopped there; it's been awhile since I last read it, so I don't remember much of what happened. I'm planning on rereading all of the chapters consecutively once I have the time. :smithicide:

Oh thank loving god, finally some closure. :gbsmith: