Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shioon, we knew you had it in you! I really enjoy that the Elder's death has lead to Shioon actually wanting to be Gaju. His repeated "I am the Gaju of the Sunwoo Clan" are awesome. He finally understands that he's a badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I hope the Elders get to the hospital before the doctor gets to Shiwoon, because otherwise I can't see a way for this arc to end without Shiwoon trouncing the doctor guy before the Elders get there.

It's nice to see last chapter wasn't a feint. I liked this chapter a lot.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mo_Steel posted:

The doctor isn't there to fight him though, but to help his recovery so they could use him to control the Sunwoo I thought. If he doesn't need healing that's one thing, and Shioon might be unwilling to tolerate continued disrespect so that could lead to a fight I suppose. Lot of ways this could go from here.

The doctor might not be there to fight him, but Shioon knows that these guys are against the Sunwoo. Combined with the fact that the doctor is apparently a Murim, a fight seems inevitable. I don't expect that Shioon would just be like 'oh, you just want to look at my body? Sure! :downs:'. He knows he was kidnapped for what he thinks is multiple weeks, due to his broken bones healing, on an island, with one disrespectful non-murim who he suspects is an enemy of the Sunwoo, and their minion squad who attacked him and flat out insulted his clan.

If he didn't fight it out, I'd be surprised. And the doctor doesn't seem the type to just let him go.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cynic Jester posted:

I'd hate for it to happen, but I'm expecting the doctor to trounce Shioon and place some sort of limiter on him. He just wants to rip and tear :ohdear:

Either this will happen, or Shioon will trounce the doctor as a way to show off his power up. And neither sounds perfect, because I don't want him to get trounced, but I also would hate a sudden power growth. Though it sort of makes sense, considering Shioon managed to hit the Murim's prodigy after a month of training, before getting a whole rebuilt awesome body.

Still think having him hold off the Doctor and have the Elders show up to save him would be the best.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Breaky posted:

That last panel looks more like it belongs in Beelzebub

That last page was awesome. Shioon taking on guys with guns is awesome.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

doomisland posted:

The worst is just that this took another 100 chapters or whatever since the end of The Breaker and then you realize you're 2 years older since then and death is coming.

Yeah, but it's worth it. I just re-read the last 20 chapters, and I have to say that I can't wait for the next one. I wish I hadn't found New Waves until it finished, just so I didn't have to wait.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mo_Steel posted:

I was really hoping that we would see Shioon just take a tree branch and throw it into the helicopter's cockpit, but I suppose him taking on dozens of them single handedly works for me too.

I was expecting something similar Punching down a bunch of trees, into the helicopter.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think the difference between 'floppy tit fighters' vs 'huge tits' is that in Veritas the breasts were focused on way too much during fights. Every fight you'd get multiple panels of 'woah breasts'. The Breaker doesn't seem to have as much of an issue.

I like both of them though - Gangryong was a cool protagonist, but his attitude was a little grating at times. Shi(w)oon in comparison is a more basic character, but less grating due to the reader being used to it.

Oh, both are also good because :black101:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

From the beginning that's sort of been Shiwoon's 'thing'. Besides his natural talent, he's always been crazy as all hell. In the Breaker he goes up against Hyuk and manages to scare him purely from the refusal to stay down. This became a repeating theme, and even now it's the same theme - he does things anyone with half a brain would consider stupid and insane, and that means they get caught off guard.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 7, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm sort of hoping he doesn't end up going into the Black Heaven Whateveritscalled again. As much as that might mean he'd be capable of maybe winning, I'd rather see him lose and have the Elders rescue him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Algid posted:

He has to eventually because he's basically the one who's supposed to perfect the technique by not losing your mind. I don't think it's going to be this fight though. He might bust out the move that was used on him last time and almost killed him.

Oh, I know he'll do it eventually, but I really just don't want it to happen in this fight. Having it happen within what, 10 chapters of the last time he (maybe?) tapped into it would be super boring.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cynic Jester posted:

I'm...

I'm pretty sure TBNW is now the thing I look forward to reading the most every week. Considering the first 100 or so chapters, I never thought I'd see the day.

I understand this fully, by the way. Every week for the past 6-7 I've gone back and read 5+ chapters back after finishing the latest one, just to take it all in together. It's amazing how into this manhwa I am.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've been reading through The Breaker again, and I must say that it flows really well if you just binge it. The latest chapters are actually the ones that seem to be ruining the flow of the work, due to how many chapters have been done of Shi Woon on this island doing the same thing over and over again.

Not that :black101: is bad

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Jesus Christ. That was... a chapter.

I have missed this comic.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mo_Steel posted:

I hope things stay like this forever. :unsmigghh:

I think I was reading it wrong, but wasn't the Doctor and the Welder's conversation about how what Shioon was going through being similar to Sosul? I hope I read it wrong, and we don't get super wimpy Shioon for another arc, before he can be badass again.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I loved this chapter because it was like homohomohomohomohomo BLUSH OH MY GOSH -

"Fight me" and everyone's faces were so confused.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think the whole put him in his place thing was that he assumed Shioon had told fedoraguy to tell him to go easy on him, hoping his position of Gaju would make Hyuk hold back.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think The Gamer is quickly becoming my favorite comic in terms of comedies. I sit there laughing the whole time I read it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This continues to be fun and interesting. One of the few things that makes me want the week to go by.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

That was really good. Not exactly actiony, but watching him actually care is really awesome.

He totally is the red ranger.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fabricated posted:

I still like that the only good new characters introduced by New Waves were all like 80 year old karate grandpas and that all of the "new" "exciting" young characters the artist talked about were retarded and dumb.

I'm sorry but if you dislike fedora guy and muscle-antagonist (the guy who nearly killed shiwoon) then you're wrong.

The Gamer is far superior though, holy poo poo.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Guys he has been grinding, last chapter he explicitly said that it was taking way longer to level from zombies. And then the boss spawned explicitly because someone had killed way too many zombies over time.

Also, Muscle Antagonist was great because he taught Shiwoon moves like 'throw them in the air, then punch them at other people'.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Punc posted:

Noblesse 313
I wonder how long Rai can stay 'near to death'. He's bleeding all over the place, wonder if we'll have a time skip or something where he'll be able to rest some.

Also n-thing the love for The Gamer. It's fast becoming my favorite comic, I hope it remains its silly self for a long long time.

I started reading Noblesse a few days back and just caught up on the most recent chapters, and I have to say I kind of hope Rai gets taken out of the picture for awhile so we can get more focus on M-21, Tao, and Takeo, because they're my favorite characters.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Everything Burrito posted:

I agree, and kind of wonder if their teamwork techniques are foreshadowing what the stronger characters are going to have to resort to later on, if they end up being outmatched by the remaining elders with Rai being all on the brink of death and all and possibly unable to fight (or being held back as a last resort). I'm also curious if M-21 has any connection to Muzaka -- I want to know more about where his heart came from.

I'd love to see them take on some future baddies without having to be saved, before we see other people adapting their tactics.

I also want to see the Were-wolves' reactions to M-21

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

khy posted:

Just picked up on Noblesse, currently on Chapter 66. I like it, but... well? Rai's indifference and ignorance was funny at first but now it's starting to get a little dull.

When does he become a more interesting character? Or does he at all?

Rai stays pretty un-emotional, but he's pretty much the most caring character in existence. It doesn't really change his attitude though.

Frankenstein gets hilarious though.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

the Flow has some interesting worldbuilding and stuff, though the overplayed 'super weak main character is actually amazing!!!' story is kind of boring so far. It's going on a two month break as it just finished Season 1.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Does Kubera ever get less insufferably dense and useless and generally terrible? I want to like the story because the world building seems neat, but the main character ruins it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Man, Teo and Gandharva :qq: Kubera is actually pretty goood.

Edit: never mind everyone is still literally retarded. "we can stand at the same side" " yes I will aid humans" "oh wait no.I am too bad to do that looks like I can't." if every bit of your plot can be solved by people actually talking instead for refusing to speak and having long internal monologues instead, your story is dumb.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 5, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yuta is cute as hell, but you can tell being half-evil clan of an already evil race is making him a little nuts. I'm hoping that somehow it all works out because I really like him.

Oh, also, The Breaker 154 is out, and glasses guys still is being a dick.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Also a lot of the plot comes from people refusing to talk to each other. I can think of like... seven or eight major plotlines that could have been avoided if people knew how to talk to one another. Everyone in it besides Ran are autistic as gently caress when it comes to interacting with each other.

Even Ran caused a big issue when he refused to tell one of the characters that a spell cast on her was meant to kill her, because he was afraid of her being scared. Which lead to her running away until her time limit was nearly up, and barely surviving.

I mean some of the characters are neat and interesting, but the plot is horrible.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm on my phone so I can't really link to it, but Noblesse got a new chapter and :siren:M-21 has gone werewolf mode infront of an actual werewolf!!!! :siren:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

One of my main problems with Noblesse is that if M-21 was more open with who did what to him, where he's from, and what the hell went down, that'd be one major antagonist if not out of the way then fighting other antagonists at least. But they all keep super tight lipped on it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shugojin posted:

Yeah, all he has to do at this point is say "Crombell shoved a werewolf heart in me and I escaped a while ago" and this guy is going to tell people and probably check it out. Like he doesn't even have to believe M-21 or anything, he'd probably say it.

There were multiple other points too... pretty much every time they fight anyone ever, they're like 'Who made you guys? Why do you exist?' and every time it's in the middle of something happening that would make Crombel look super supicious. But no one ever says anything..

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, it seems less like the Union is going to be the big bad for long and more than Crombell will further perfect Frankenstein's teachings and become super strong, and that Muzaka and the werewolves may oppose the Union, but not join the Noblesse-team. Clearly something went down, since Muzaka and Rai both almost died in their original clash, and it's apparently something irreconcilable.

I think unless the first Elder is shown to be some massive entity that's hugely powerful, the end game will be Crombel Vs. Muzaka Vs. Rai

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, this is a normal werewolf. Personal bodyguard of one of the werewolf elders. Muzaka is the guy who showed up when Rai and team went to that island full of research and science, apparently being kept alive secretly by the non-werewolf members of the Union.

Edit: This is Muzaka

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 26, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like Noblesse and its action segments enough, but I'm really bored of Frankenstein/Rai/all the Nobles. I enjoy when M-21 and the gang get a fight though.

Part of the issue is that the people who make Noblesse also have a subscription based comic that is all whacky highschool comedy, with Rai and the gang's daily lives at school. Which will probably never get translated.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sarcophallus posted:

Seriously? Because they also have another weekly Manhwa on Naver called Ability. Where do they find the time for this?

I don't know how often the whacky sidestory one is updated anymore, I just remember the translators saying that they wont be handling it, because there is no way for them to do it that wouldn't be stealing it or something.

I think someone on their forums did a straight up text only translation, so you could subscribe to Naver and then go read it with a text doc to read the translation... for a few chapters. :v:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fabricated posted:

If you think for a second she won't eventually have something happen where she can fire on all cylinders and becomes goku, I dunno what to say.

We already saw her grab a guy's hand and set him on fire via her energy, so yeah.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

About the nurse lady whose name I forget - she is being kept in the medical mans lab, and is (or was) slowly being fed shioon's blood and Chi in hopes she will revive, because her body had purified and held his Chi before, and thus is managing to hold it in, instead of purging it.

It is why he originally was working with mad science man, though we don't k ow what he has been doing since they took mad science man out of the picture. I think it is likely at this point that she will end up being revived in the next dozen or so chapters, and jog Goom's memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I've been reading a Manhwa called Witch Hunter for... I guess a couple of years. It went on a huge hiatus at some point, and just recently new chapters started getting scanned.

But holy poo poo, it seems like Mmngacow gets the chapters in like, a completely hosed to poo poo order and don't even try to fix it, because it jumps around like hell.

It's hilarious.

The main character recently pulled out an anti material rifle and shot a witch in the head though, that was cool.