Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

From last solo leveling. Just like when your pet dog chews up an expensive rug, but the dog is an undead bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sung Jin-Woo: The International

I like how much exposition this chapter had. Learning many US hunters considering Sung not being unlocked (by the lady) just means he'll just straight up die in Japan is great. Looking forward to the possibility them being saved by the Sung when that gate breaks in the US.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

That Works posted:

In the previous Arc he was forbidden from using his summoning

he was also expected to just become a new lord wiping away his identity.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

God that sounds horrible.

Single Korean man saves rest of the useless world is exactly why I fell so hard off this webtoon.

It more of the power struggle they (hunters) never had to deal with. It's like a reverse one punch man where the other heros have real greed knowing they are the only ones that can do the job. Japan was pressured into buying the services of a hunter from Russia because he knew he could lock them into paying for it. Humans are assholes and they become even bigger, darker assholes, when they have power to deal with problems.

Another thing I enjoy, which will seem weird as heck, is the summon interactions. The bigger ones are not mindless automatons and we see that:

1. they remember how they died and are proud of the fact they are being led by Sung
  2. the insects have demonstrated ingrained thoughts like "humans are the enemies to the queen" can come out
  3. the one human that Sung released after healing Cha revealed that what Sung is doing to the dead souls is ... weird and to watch out.

Also the artwork is amazing and dynamic so I look forward to the OP fights. I stitched together the panorama views before fights for my ultrawide monitor desktop and it's great to look at.

as an aside I have started removing the "young kid is a master but makes fun of his bullies by being better than them by buying/single punching/WALKING HARD PAST THEM and making the girl who dumped him ask herself if she made the right choice or not" titles.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 8, 2021

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Elysiume posted:

I'm hoping that Solo Leveling stops having chapters where I just hold page down and confirm that yeah, his immortal army has effortlessly overcome another challenge. I feel like I'm just treading water until something interesting happens because he was barely challenged when he didn't have his shadow army, so it feels pointless to pretend he's challenged when he does have his shadow army. Presumably something is coming to actually challenge him, but it's getting tired.

Uhhh? He has ? Oops, responding to an old message. I even liked the story even when he has easy wins. It's like the world is coming to understand that the other side is trying to kill them all and Jin is also one of them.

I love when he summons all his minions. Artists loves doing sharp angled panorama views when contrast. I think I finally understood why I like that; most other manhuas enemies are constantly surrounding the main character. Though, wouldn't you believe it, the hero survives!

Two magiccy manhuas updated to good points.

The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years - Oops, kinda busted.

I am the Sorcerer King - A countdown is given by something unexpected

The Max Level Hero has Returned! - loving family... at least the king is not just straight up ignoring him but just because the kid is making stacks.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 18, 2021