Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

wfwon posted:

Anyone notices Id seem to be dragging along quite slowly lately?
No, partly since I just marathoned it, but it's also in the midst of yet another biggest fight yet. Even better, someone besides Id has to fight.

The art in Id has gotten a lot better for the last 40 chapters or so. In the beginning I could never tell what the hell was going on in any action scene. It might be easier to discern on a hardcopy than on a computer screen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

Skimmed the thread to make sure I wasn't rehashing old territory, because I wanted to talk about...

Peak

^That's a pretty good description; in a nutshell newbie recruits live on the mountain, learn to become badass mountain rescue dudes, purge sins and/or resolve issues from their past along the way. This one had been on my list to read for a while but I finally got around to it a couple weeks ago and read up to the current release in 2 days. I don't know anything about mountain climbing, but it seems well-researched on that front from my ignorant perspective. The scenery is gorgeous and the climbing action is exciting. Motion is portrayed really well--even as a layperson I can follow what's going on when they're flinging themselves around on a cliff. I will also add if you enjoy well-drawn manservice you should be reading this right the gently caress now holy poo poo.
Peak has the best rock climbing of any comic I've read, not that it has much competition. The arc with the American climbers was my favorite, but then there was a long gap with almost no climbing until the current arc. Something about a movie shoot and some girlfriend drama (though that had a good rescue).
Lots of injuries and fatalities that come across as almost ordinary, which has an honest feeling to it.