Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It's a serious testament to the author(s?) that every battle basically ends with Shioon covered in his own blood and everyone making GBS threads their pants over his determination, and it's badass and entertaining every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker: New Waves 129

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

dogpower posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Vol-001-Ch-001-Read-Online?id=174343

I only read the first chapter but I'm already sucked in. It's about a guy who has this ability where real life and rpg elements are mixed into his daily life.

Okay I just read the second chapter and then it got kind of shouneny - I guess it might still be a decent read.

I read through all six chapters, and while it does get more shounen-y, it's also refreshingly measured and thorough in its analyzing of how MMO game design affects this guy's everyday life.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I forgot to mention how hard it made me laugh when it was revealed that his calmness in the face of danger was in fact a max-level skill. Boy would that be helpful in real life.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker: New Waves 137

I can't wait for Shioon to inevitably dismantle every single one of Nine Arts' crew. You know it's gonna happen, they're so gonna be sacrificial lambs to show how strong our little protagonist has become.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Bernardo Orel posted:

And the glasses guy from goverment still doesn't understand the murim and sunwoo clan in particular :v:

That he hasn't been vaporized by a Sunwoo palm thrust is a testament to the patience of their clan leaders.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 144

It only took literally twice the length of The Breaker, but finally...

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Shioon post-meditation power-up rear end-kicking time :unsmigghh:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Whoa, I knew I'd seen that combo before! It's a shot-for-shot recreation of Goomoonryong's kick from the first chapter of The Breaker!

The Breaker:

New Waves:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker: New Waves 170

I just realized this is the first time we've seen Shioon fighting fully-powered without some sort of handicap. And boy is it satisfying.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The next chapter's almost upon us, but for the timebeing: The Breaker: New waves 172

I think this is the first time we're going to see Shioon fight at full potential. And ohoho boy it better be glorious.

EDIT: Turns out I said the same thing a month and a half ago. Still applies!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Sure enough, The Breaker: New Waves 173

That Cool Guy counter :cmon:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker New Waves 191
The Breaker New Waves 192

:stare:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker (even moreso New Waves) had a lot of slow buildup for relatively short payoffs but I still really like it because I'm a sucker for potential and growth stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker 3 ch10

This whole moment was the first time across these ten chapters that has really made a good argument for the change to webtoon format.