Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Did you put a secret message for the future into that void under the bay window before sealing it up?

Also, why is it OK to still use real actual lead? I'd have thought given lead paint is banned that it'd be not allowed to use just hunks of lead on buildings but a quick google shows it's still sold all over the place.

Lead really isn't that harmful just sitting there. The issue with paint is it chips off, and children eat the chips. (Or someone sands it when painting and throws it into the air).

On top of a window, that will likely be covered with something else, there's not really any danger. It's not going to flake off and it's not really in a place where children can get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, basically one of those. I've seen folks just build a box out of styrofoam insulation board, which would probably be a lot cheaper, provided I could get a 4x8 sheet of the stuff home (currently do not have a truck, suv, or wagon, sadly.) Thanks for the link. May take easy over absolute $$.

Just measure what you need and cut it in the parking lot.