Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I bought a 96 Tacoma with 80k miles on it last summer and I love the little girl so much even though I could probably get away with using my car for most things, it’s just real nice to have the convenience of throwing a couple board in the bed rather than rearranging my trunk and loving with a complex rope system to keep the trunk shut

On the flip side, I’m now the guy with a truck in Philadelphia so at least once a month I’m helping someone move furniture

On the other flip side, I’ve been getting lots of free beer from that

Tbf, it’s a 4-cyl short cab truck so it’s practically a car anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I know I should really always wear a mask in the shop, but I basically only put it on where I’m spray painting or sanding

I do have a cute little fume extractor for when I’m soldering though
....it doesn’t do much.

But brown lung is real, friends.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I do a fair enough of basic woodwork, and 1/8” tolerance between stairs seems wildly absurd to me

If you’re retrofitting, like you are, that seems like an absolute nightmare target to hit