Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Based on his apparent lack of a self preservation instinct it was posited that he's next in line to become a dangerous secret agent for the government.

There's supposed to be a movie about it soon called Jeepflinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wonder if they'd make okay parts washers.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Remember to set up your nitrogen bubble properly when you're welding titanium.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
This is like the video version of your infamous angle-grinder picture. I love it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Big
Loud
Explosion,
Very
Exciting

Blast
Levelling
Everything
Very
Effectively

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Alright, what in the gently caress? That actually works?

Mind blown. Thanks for that, I learned something today.

:psyboom:

All you need is that cracked AX15 bellhousing and you can shove the wood right in there on the clutch and flywheel sides.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm really glad you finally got a competent photographer.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Plus you can't put a monetary value on this thread.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm not sure you remember what it was like to not be demolishing things.

Can you really go back?

Will they understand?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I didn't even know you had a shed, I just assumed you were keeping your lawn implements and dismembered prostitutes in the five-ton.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I live slightly out of the way of the approach route to the dump so sometimes I go and look in the bed of whatever the nastiest looking truck is at the local convenience store when I have to get rid of scrap.

Something something food chain.

kastein posted:

I've had enough random poo poo stolen out of my yard that I don't want more skeevy people in ratty trucks eyefucking my property. The one living here is bad enough, he keeps dragging random cheap/free poo poo home :v:

He keeps trying to make eye contact whenever he sees you using a mirror too. hosed up.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Why buy a bigger compressor when you can Smokey Yunick the problem away?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It's pretty strange seeing that upstairs window 'finished.' Looking forward to more.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I would probably just chuck a mini-split into the bedroom and call it a day, but I just love those little Mr. Slims.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
To be honest, anyone with the chops to learn an ancient keying system so they could break into your house is probably freely invited into your house anyway.

I'd be more worried about those people storing cool stuff in your house than taking it out.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 17, 2017

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I would like to see you overengineer a bay window.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

House has working kitchen ceiling lamps and living room ceiling lamp for the first time ever, and will have living room outlets working tomorrow. This is weird, I keep putting my headlamp on from force of habit but I don't need it inside anymore, except in the dining room and basement.

At this rate you'll start using the door to exit the house, instead of sledgehammering a hole in the wall and exiting through that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

To be fair, your scope creeped quite a bit due to issues discovered along the way. Hard to plan for stuff you didn’t know was there.

More like scope Jeep.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Ducts look wild. Sweet score on the granite.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry to hear about your brother's poop floor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
“I don’t trust drywall anchors so I welded metric nutserts to the stud and buttressed. Didn’t want to go overboard so it will only hold up 475 lb - my picture frames are only machined out of titanium after all. Might go back and redo it for when I want to hang an entire 4.0 on my wall.”

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I say sink the house into the ground and go full-on concrete survivalist bunker. Solar panels, water purifiers, perimeter defence emplacements.

It goes with the vehicle aesthetic. Plus there’s more excuses to build more cranes and carpenter ants can’t eat concrete.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Motronic posted:

That's right. You need a hose to spray it down first. Then you're golden.

Brake cleaner.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo. Did you find any cool trash under the old porch?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Is it really a secret if it's on the plans submitted to the county building authorities?

You can just wall off the inspector when he comes to visit.

“Yes, for the love of Jeep!”

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I actually sized the ENT conduit in the living room ceiling specifically to fit a premade HDMI cable through it, expecting to put a protector there. You're welcome, future owner.

I feel like HDMI will become obsolete faster than any other video standard in history, so good idea on the conduit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Alright, you win. I really figured they'd come out with some new version of HDCP that would gently caress up legacy connectivity, but maybe it's here to stay after all.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

H110Hawk posted:

I read this in a foreboding tone and assumed by the bottom of the post the house fell down. Basically like the second half of the post would continue with "but then..."

The house is more afraid of kastein at this point.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I want to see a screw gun video now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That thing rules.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Those are some pretty drat nice stairs. Ever since you've started this quest, my own 1989-era stairs have felt bouncy and unsatisfying.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

I realize it's just your flashlight but I swear this image is crying out for a HUD to be added to it. Not sure whether more along the lines of "Half Life 2" or "My Summer Car".

Fallout 3?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You should take that old-rear end Shop-Vac with you, because I bought a new one and it grenaded itself within a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Those tie beams are pretty rad. Good work on putting up a cabinet.