Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Add "power tools and batteries" to that list. drat you, Makita :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

A++ very satisfying ending would watch again.

I'm amazed at the work you're doing. To recap: is the one room you've semi-finished and are living in safe from the ant menace?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Still waiting on the "goony hacker den" promise.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

apatite posted:

:drat:

You've got all the luck :) I'll trade you a free snowmobile for your free lathe+mill !!!

B-but you take awesome pictures with the snowmobile...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

You know well enough now that you should replace it. One day and a few hundred dollars is much less than I've paid for smaller shares of peace of mind.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

kastein posted:

That isn't the problem, the problem is that it's goddamn winter and setting mortar doesn't like cold weather, so I'm somewhat limited on whether I can do this now or not.

Assuming it is still nice out when I get home (had to go into work today due to a cockup) I'll probably tear into it.

Screws, two tarps (put an air gap between the two), four cinder blocks, and a propane or electric space heater. I've done similar on our cabin up in Idaho. It sucks but can be done and it can be done warm.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Splizwarf posted:

Put 'em out an upstairs window and post yard impact depths with pics. :clint:

For this to be scientific you need to till the yard between tosses.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ken Stein waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There was shorts in the house. He didn’t see all of it, but had expected it now for years. His warnings to SSS were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Ken was a electrician for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the company vans and he said to dad “I want to be on the vans daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY LECTRIC”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the cold northern base of the PAN he knew there were shorts.
“This is Adiabatic” the radio crackered. “You must fixed the shorts!”
So Ken gotted his multi meter and poked holes up the wall.
“HE GOING TO FIX US” said the shorts
“I will zap at him” said the knob and tube and he crackled the old wires. Ken measuremented at him and tried to fix him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to fix.
“No! I must fix the faults” he shouted
The radio said “No, Ken. You are the faults”
And then Ken was a spark

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bring the window up inside the house and pull it in using suction cup handles?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

How tall can you extend the Comanche's crane?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Those the ones with composite input? Daddy needs to build a mini arcade.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Did you say you were in the market for a...cement mixer?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Man, my window unit is 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

gently caress wax seals forever. I've converted to the silicone/silicone-dipped foam ones.