Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Darchangel posted:

Yes and no. A slab foundation on North Texas clay with incredibly variable rainfall means fascinating new shapes of walls, floors, and doorways at various times. It's on piers now, but not before loving up everything. Pier and beam would at least be easier to fix.
You're not wrong about applying tile, though. Or even the bamboo I've had stacked in the living room for 5 or 6 years. Boy, I hope that mastic is still good.

Oh good, I'm not the only one that has poo poo sitting around forever. A case of peel-and-stick for the bathroom to test it before we finish the rest of the house with it (our laminate was cheap poo poo the previous owner's children used to flip the place after she passed), never mind the myriad decorations and tchotchkes that Need a Home.

I had a whole case of peel-and-stick get ruined from sitting in the bathroom next to the toilet when two things happened at once - the toilet developed a nasty, nasty clog that took two gallons of Drano, seventeen tries with the auger, and cumulative hours of plunging to clear, and the tank bolt on that side started to corrode. Overflowing toilet and leaky tank meant a big rear end puddle on the floor and that was an easy way to waste like $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU