Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Slung Blade posted:

You dug 40 feet with a loving clamshell and a plastic snow shovel?

loving hell, man. :stonk:

How could this be surprising to you? There is always an origin story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Splizwarf posted:

Downside is literally knocking yourself out by standing up too quick from dropping a deuce, we had a bathroom like that too.
Sounds like a vasovagal reaction to me. Consult a doctor.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Of course, since rare earth magnets can't be switched off, you'd then be left with the problem of how to remove your nail from your magnet...

With a prybar obviously.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Crotch Fruit posted:

Your Tyvek is upside down.

It just looks that way because his camera was upside down.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm living in a new house now after coming from a multiple PO built in 1930s house and it's almost weird not having to constantly do little fixes that end up taking 10x as long because of all the weird poo poo you uncover along the way.

Nothing on your level but hey.
Yeah, new houses all you need to worry about is the shoddy work the contractors did.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

wooger posted:

Dysons are a fragile gimmick, which cost 2-3x what a decent vacuum costs.

Also, bagged vacuums are not actually worse than bagless ones, and you can buy a lifetime supply of bags for a tiny amount.
I once stumbled into a forum for vacuum enthusiasts, and all the fascinating insanity of that group of people aside, I learned 2 things. True vacuum afficianados loving *hate* Dyson, and bagged vacuums are much, much better than bagless. True to that, I ended up buying a cheap bagged vacuum, and it's leagues better than any bagless I've ever used, including my parents' dyson.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 2, 2020

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

kastein posted:

Ceiling in the bathroom is primed and painted
Walls are primed. One more coat tomorrow and I can start the floor, just bought all the underlayment and mastic stuff to do that. Hoping to get it done by end of week, we'll see if that happens. It's my first tile project ever and I was a dumbass ten years ago and bought 12in tile for it so this is going to be a trial by fire.
Every tile floor I've ever done has been large tile picked out by the gf (18x9 last time) and it sucks every time. I'm sure you've done everything possible to level the floor though, so god be with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Grouting tile that textured is a special form of hell, and was also my first experience with grouting, so I feel your pain. Looks good though. The imperfections are part of the look when dealing with some materials.