Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I still find it hard to believe that you found a girlfriend, that when walking into your hell-hole house for the first time, would go "Ooo can I help?" instead of just running away screaming. You loving won the lottery. Grats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Sometimes the groverhaus joke is just too easy.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Blistex posted:

Exterior walls and Rafters?

Until he takes a look at those, sees how utterly hosed they are, and replaces them too.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

You already have mad respect for what you've done. If it were me and this house, I'd have been a doctor going in to remove a small tumor and discovering widespread metastatic stage IV cancer - gently caress it, sew it back up and pass it to some other poor schmuck for pallative care.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

That exposed stringer is a gorgeous piece of wood though and I hope you just stain and seal it because it would be a shame to hide it.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Unfortunately, Larry's stair building days are long past.

If there was one criticism I could give the master framer himself, he overcut his notches in stair stringers rather than cut to the line and finished with a jigsaw. But then his whole purpose was to maximize speed and efficiency, and I'm sure he knew precisely what he was doing re: stringer strength.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

You have not done it right unless the next poor schmuck who works on it cusses you for overdoing it.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I dunno, a steel hatch that occasionally decapitates the owner is a feature not a bug. The next owner should have to regularly demonstrate sufficient courage to be worthy of Kastein's rebuild job. :black101:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

TheMightyHandful posted:

Only thing holding it up was spite

Spite is what got it rebuilt into what it is today instead of burned down for the insurance money.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

If youtube is anything to go by, the PNW is full of chainsaw whisperers, some of whom are aggressively Canadian. Taking your POS chainsaw in your luggage is a problem I leave to you.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I don't know if it's ironic as hell, or just kastein.txt, that the nicest it's ever looked is when he's given up on it and is trying to GTFO.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

This is assuming they would be able to get them out due to the assumed vast overkill when it comes to fasteners.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

brugroffil posted:

That sounds like the biggest pain in the rear end flooring ever.

*looks at thread*

*looks at Kastein*

*looks at flooring*

Yep, it checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

kastein posted:

Due to who I am as a person

A man devoting "forever home" effort into what is ultimately a flip. Some kind of mutant never meant for mass production, too strange to live, too rare to die.