Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

How hosed are you here? My construction knowledge is pretty slim.

Somehow jack the whole thing up and hope the top ceiling weight bearing thing isn't destroyed, then replace the whole god drat wall after bracing a few sections with 4x4 posts?

Any windows or doors in the wall?

Edit: if top ceiling thing is destroyed by ants and crumbly, then burn the place down or somehow replace the thing that your rafters sit on?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

How can you replace the top plate? Get an 8 foot section at a time, lift rafters off of it for a minute, and then slam in something on top of the frame that you already have to replace?

I can't even fathom this. Must be why these threads are so addicting to me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

kastein posted:

I still haven't figured out how I'm getting it in the house, but it's going to be some pretty :banjo: poo poo no matter what happens.

You regularly knock walls, ceilings, and floors out of your house. I am sure you will think of something...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Your neighbors must be watching from their kitchens, coffee in hand, thinking "That boy is a retard. He sure can build though!"

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

How much would you have charged someone to do this stuff? Or quoted them if you knew everything in advance?

I am terrified to pay someone to start on my house because I am sure a lot of it looks like the insides of your house.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

kastein posted:

If it was a friend? Buy the beer, hand me tools. Stay out of the way unless you know what you are doing. No payment necessary.

I like you. We are friends right?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Is there an english version of that last post or...?

Does it basically mean that you found a way to power something that wont explode when you plug stuff into it?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I imagined he was going to work in the morning, stepped outside of his house mostly asleep still, got into his car then glanced back at his house in the rearview.

"poo poo."

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Off topic, but: Apetit, where are you posting pics of your backwoods shenanigans now? You closed the thread, didn't leave a referral thread or anything.

And yes, I call you Apetit in my head.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Is it possible to hang a bunch of I-beams in front of a window like vertical blinds and then turn the little thing on one side to open and close them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

At this rate you'll start using the door to exit the house, instead of sledgehammering a hole in the wall and exiting through that.

He didn't have to sledge anything. Most of the walls lifted up like garage doors thanks to rot and carpenter ants.