Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

I really like this movie.

Not sure what else to say about it. I had heard it was my jam but I delayed until now to watch it. It really was my jam.

I'm not sure what this movie could have done better. I guess the stoner guy could have been toned down a tiny, tiny bit. Truth be told the only reason I don't give a higher score is because I was left wanting to see more. This is the kind of movie where another 30 minutes would maybe have given me that "more". It reminds me of In The Mouth of Madness, but ITMOM has scenes that I would like to cut. This movie however is almost entirely made of scenes that are needed, because the premise is set to fast and it jumps to the meat of it, which I really like.

Ultimately I know that less is more, and sometimes not showing more than we need to see (and this movie already shows a lot!) is just better. Still, I was left kinda wanting for more, because I had so much fun with the 90 minutes runtime. I guess this speaks more in favor of the movie than against it.

Although there's some heavy Cthulhu Mythos vibes, it reminds me of the SCP foundation as well.

4.5/5.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU