Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hyperactive posted:

Things should start going out this week.

Thanks for the update :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Just read the KS update about shipping! Woot!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

8one6 posted:

Just read the KS update about shipping! Woot!

And I got this great message:

quote:

Tesladyne LLC says:

Guess who's getting all nine volumes of Atomic Robo in PDF form?

You. DUHHHHH.

Click the link, download the goodies, lord over lesser beings.

Link obviously not included in this post :P

Loved it though!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I could only afford one random volume, but it was Shadow Beyond Time so I'm okay with it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I could only afford one random volume, but it was Shadow Beyond Time so I'm okay with it.

This is me. I'm lording.

Just doing as told.

This was a great kickstarter, and I'm glad we are getting the fulfillment process started. I actually stopped reading after Book 8, so I am very excited. :D

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Got my books in today. Just got back from work to a package sitting on my foyer floor that my wife accepted. Opened it up to a large amount of treats :D

The books look awesome, but I had one problem that my wife pointed out to me:

Apparently I can't count, cause I thought everything was kosher, yet when she looked at them she noticed there were only 8 books. :( I figured the Field Guide would be book 9, but apparently not, as I looked at the PDF's that I have, and I'm missing a book. :(

Hardcover #4 "Other Strangeness"

I'll message the guys on Kickstarter about it though. I also noticed on my Dogs of War there seems to be a crease through the Sparrow's legs on the cover. Anyone else get that?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

This is definitely an error at the warehouse as there were literally ZERO backers for the eight books tier. We'll get you fixed up.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hyperactive posted:

This is definitely an error at the warehouse as there were literally ZERO backers for the eight books tier. We'll get you fixed up.

I figured, I messaged on KS already too :coal:

I got the book plates for 9 though ;)

Also holy crap that must have been a lot of work to sign every drat book plate! Really smart to not put them in the books as that would have made it so much more of a chore.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Funny thing; it would have been faster for us to go pick up the books in person than to get them delivered! Oh well, next time we'll save you guys the shipping costs :)

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Funny thing; it would have been faster for us to go pick up the books in person than to get them delivered! Oh well, next time we'll save you guys the shipping costs :)
Yeah, there's some folks on the East and West coasts who are getting their books sooner than some people in Texas. Not sure how that works!

8one6
May 20, 2012

According to my tracking info it's en route!

Also, DHL express disavows all knowledge of DHL Global mail's practices. So I learned that.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

8one6 posted:

According to my tracking info it's en route!

Also, DHL express disavows all knowledge of DHL Global mail's practices. So I learned that.

I actually had to use the USPS website for my DHL marked shipment.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I actually had to use the USPS website for my DHL marked shipment.

Yeah, finding out that there's an entire division of a global package delivery company that doesn't deliver their own packages was news to me.

Personally, I suspect a plot by ALAN.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Are you guys not putting the collected editions up on Comixology anymore? (or the series at all? I suppose maybe the singles aren't up because of IDW not releasing the print versions yet for vol 11?) :( I just can't quite read long-form comics on a browser, I'm afraid, so I've read the entire series so far via my tablet and it'd suck to have to buy singles when I've gotten the rest as collections/trades so far.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Are you guys not putting the collected editions up on Comixology anymore? (or the series at all? I suppose maybe the singles aren't up because of IDW not releasing the print versions yet for vol 11?) :( I just can't quite read long-form comics on a browser, I'm afraid, so I've read the entire series so far via my tablet and it'd suck to have to buy singles when I've gotten the rest as collections/trades so far.

The collected editions are up there. I just purchased them not too long ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flosofl posted:

The collected editions are up there. I just purchased them not too long ago.

Not volume 10!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Yippee! Our box from Tesladyne arrived today, and whilst the box was beat all to poo poo, it did its job and protected the books! Thanks guys, great work, they look (and smell,) fantastic!

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Gaz-L posted:

New comiXology collections will go online to coincide with new hardcover editions. Ring of Fire is kinda goofy since there current Kickstarter is sorta delaying that, but we're in the final stages of that. And since future campaigns will be much simpler, there shouldn't be a gap this bad between IDW's TPB release and our hardcover/digital releases.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Yippee! Our box from Tesladyne arrived today, and whilst the box was beat all to poo poo, it did its job and protected the books! Thanks guys, great work, they look (and smell,) fantastic!
Glad your items survived the trip. If it's possible to take pictures of the box, please do.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Hyperactive posted:

New comiXology collections will go online to coincide with new hardcover editions. Ring of Fire is kinda goofy since there current Kickstarter is sorta delaying that, but we're in the final stages of that. And since future campaigns will be much simpler, there shouldn't be a gap this bad between IDW's TPB release and our hardcover/digital releases.

Glad your items survived the trip. If it's possible to take pictures of the box, please do.

Yeah, we still have it waiting for breakdown in the recycling, I'll pm it to you?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hyperactive posted:

Did you guys not pack the boxes? Would kind of explain all he extra space in mine. Which is why I think that crease is in dogs of war :(

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

Are you doing another KS for the next volumes?
And would it be possible to convince you to add a hardcover edition of the Atomic Robo RPG as a stretch goal?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Did you guys not pack the boxes? Would kind of explain all he extra space in mine. Which is why I think that crease is in dogs of war :(
We have a distribution partner for storage and distribution. Our Kickstarters are far too big for me and Scott to handle the fulfillment phases for them. We'd literally never get any comic work done and that's the least feasible business plan for making comic books.

We're still not sure what happened with these boxes or why they were packed that way. We've used these guys before and never had a problem with them.

BUT to put things into perspective, previous campaigns have averaged 1.5% damaged goods. We're at about 2% this time. So, definitely an increase, and something that needs to be addressed, but far from a disaster.

8one6 posted:

Are you doing another KS for the next volumes?
And would it be possible to convince you to add a hardcover edition of the Atomic Robo RPG as a stretch goal?
Yes, we'll be launching a Ring of Fire Hardcover campaign very soon. It'll match the other 9 in terms of design/template, all-new bonus material, etc. There will also be some brand new non-comics items.

I'll ask Evil Hat if they're into it, but it's not likely. They still haven't made a profit on the first run because they print a million of 'em. Well, not a million, but a lot.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The books are so fantastic it took me a half hour to realize there was a tiny bit of damage on one of the covers, a tiny bit of silver from the logo stuck to the back of the second book (not complaining, just informing). We will ultimately be able to purchase all of the series in these gorgeous hardcovers right? Because I'm going to make that happen.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

rantmo posted:

The books are so fantastic it took me a half hour to realize there was a tiny bit of damage on one of the covers, a tiny bit of silver from the logo stuck to the back of the second book (not complaining, just informing). We will ultimately be able to purchase all of the series in these gorgeous hardcovers right? Because I'm going to make that happen.
Yup. We'll be selling all the hardcovers at our online store very soon.

PMed you about the damage!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Hyperactive, got my Other Strangeness in today :D Thank you all for getting that sorted so quickly.

Not sure what the resolution on the damaged book, but at least I actually have all 9 now :D

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So mine came today and....

:(

Gorgeous books though! You did a killer job with these

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Looks like Hyperactive's too humble to mention, but there a new KS for hardcover copies of Ring of Fire.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Looks like Hyperactive's too humble to mention, but there a new KS for hardcover copies of Ring of Fire.

Thanks for the heads up, in for both books as hard cover. :D

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Uh, uh, no! It was part of my phased promotional uh plan.

Yeah.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Thanks for the heads up, in for both books as hard cover. :D
Sucker! But thanks.

It's been an interesting and fun challenge to write the ULTRA Field Manual. It's a weird Frankenstein's monster composed of Guide to the Technocracy, actual military field manuals, and conspiracy theories all stitched together with the sort of logic you'd expect to see in the user's manual for Friend Computer.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'll be backing this!
Also, will you be shipping these from China in a big crate marked "Atomic" like last time?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

8one6 posted:

I'll be backing this!
Also, will you be shipping these from China in a big crate marked "Atomic" like last time?
I'm afraid we have to. You can't lie about the contents and books have titles. Maaaybe we can just say the title is "The Ring of Fire" since that isn't technically untrue.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hyperactive posted:

I'm afraid we have to. You can't lie about the contents and books have titles. Maaaybe we can just say the title is "The Ring of Fire" since that isn't technically untrue.

Might be a better idea :D I'm sure a lawyer can advise you on something like that though, instead of random strangers on the Internet.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Hey, Hyperactive, do you have any way of knowing if there's still books in transit? Mine supposedly shipped back in mid-August and now DHL says they never heard of me, not sure if that's Working As Intended or if I need to put on my panic pants and/or what to do about it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Hey, Hyperactive, do you have any way of knowing if there's still books in transit? Mine supposedly shipped back in mid-August and now DHL says they never heard of me, not sure if that's Working As Intended or if I need to put on my panic pants and/or what to do about it.

Make sure you're looking at DHL global mail/eCommerce and not DHL express, as Express disavows any knowledge of global mail's actions.

If you have the tracking number here's the global mail tracker.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Contact us through KS Message so I can get your info and look into things on our side.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Done, thanks!

And yeah, I've been using the global tracker. It had been showing updates, then stopped.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Did you miss out on the previous hardcovers? Because you can fix that right now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just today finally put my book plates into my books, but I noticed the tesla dyne field guide didn't get a book plate.

It appears that the new books in the latest kickstarter will get book plates though? Just seems a little odd that there is the one bookplate less book in the series.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I just today finally put my book plates into my books, but I noticed the tesla dyne field guide didn't get a book plate.

It appears that the new books in the latest kickstarter will get book plates though? Just seems a little odd that there is the one bookplate less book in the series.
Well, we didn't do bookplates until after the first Kickstarter, and it would be odd to provide a bonus bookplate now.

I'll look into the logistics of providing spares through the online store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hyperactive posted:

Well, we didn't do bookplates until after the first Kickstarter, and it would be odd to provide a bonus bookplate now.

I'll look into the logistics of providing spares through the online store.

I am pretty sure I have 2 copies of the field guide now. Which is why I mentioned it. One being from the original kickstarter, and another from the latest one. Not a problem really, just a curiosity.

• Locked thread