Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

So I started reading Atomic Robo two days ago and just finished tonight. Just wanted to say it's a great series and I loved everything except the end of vol. 9 aka Atomic Robo and the Downer Ending.

Thank you for such an awesome comic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

These are standard size hardcovers. This campaign is all about getting our volumes back into print both under our own label and with a consistent design. These will be the bread-n-butter books that are easy to get in shops and online and at a very reasonable price.

We would like to do omnibus style collections eventually. That is very high on the WHAT WE WANNA DO list. Not 100% sure at this point if they'd be oversized omnibus editions. But this would be the fancier high dollar limited run edition for the hardcore Robo fan.

I'm not gonna try to sell anyone on the need to get both versions. I suppose it comes down to this: do you want very nice hardcovers now at a great price, or do you want even nicer but also pricier phonebook editions at some point down the road?

I can't do this kickstarter because a car issue just came up, but in the future, if you do omnibus editions could they possibly resemble the big Sandman annotated editions that are coming out? Because that would be awesome!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Question about the Kickstarter: I may be bad at reading, but I don't see "Exclusive Kickstarter Foil" explained on the page. Are the HC's going to have foil covers or is it foil bookplates?

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'd like to think I'm a rational adult, but then...

Hyperactive posted:

The foil will be on the cover...
:homebrew:
You win this round, my love of sweet crystal-based foil hardcovers!

8one6
May 20, 2012

I was wondering something about the new comics: Is volume 10 going to be physically smaller than the other 9? I ask because the individual comics aren't page size.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Before we get there I'm betting the action scientists (who have no real resources) end up attaching Robo's head to an adorable RC car.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Did Tesladyne have Robo's full schematics? Or is it just enough to rebuild everything not important to the "automatic intelligence" parts?

Could they download his memories and reload him into a completely new Robo?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

The true story this page was based on was probably lost to a server change a million years ago. But the short version is: in a game of Shadowrun, one of our players walked up to someone on the street and said "Hi, I'm a Shadowrunner and I'm looking for this other Shadowrunner and--" so, yeah, things went downhill right quick.

Vaguely related to the current AR page and the current discussion: in Shadowrun's Seattle there's this place called the Crime Mall. I was led to assume that Shadowrunners were a wee bit more subtle than that.

My GM didn't really appreciate my Kim Possible jokes when we needed to meet a contact there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

"Also complicated."

I'm calling it now, Robo is plugged into Dept. Zero's ship (which may or may not convert into a giant robot) to fight biomega.

8one6
May 20, 2012

They're just setting up a need to raid Dr. Dinosaur's lab for atomic crystals.

8one6
May 20, 2012

BooDoug187 posted:

I think it would be very funny if somehow Robo gets sucked through time again, this time he sees how his heart is built and sure enough... CRYSTALS!

He finds out that was Tesla's big secret all these years, crystals!

All of these years Dr. Dinosaur has just been plagiarizing from the Lost Notebooks of Nikola Tesla!

8one6
May 20, 2012

The station's a big rail gun right? Shouldn't there be a power source Robo could tap into to extend his operational window while up there?

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'd like to put in a request for a tshirt with the "We're all being exposed to a normal and harmless background level of the deadly radiations!" panel on it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

"OH WOW THE SAFEST FILES"

I think I laughed for a solid minute at that one.

8one6
May 20, 2012

There wouldn't happen to have been a hardcover print run for the Atomic Robo RPG at any point, would there?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Has there been any Kickstarter news lately? Last I saw was that the books were on a boat. The link for the boats status is no longer working so I assume it hit states side by now. Are they shipping soon from the end distro?

According to one of the recent updates on the site they've arrived but customs wants to x-ray the entire book lot which has slowed things down.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I have two semi related questions for the Atomic Robo game I'm currently running. 1) In the Atomic Robo-verse did those Nazi bastards set up secret bases in Antarctica and/or the moon? and 2) when would you say any such evil secret base have been established? Pre-war, late war?

My players have captured some intel on bases from some German agents who were trying to steal the sub from the secret mobile naval base located inside the Queen Mary and I want to have them globetrotting to destroy Axis super-science bases.

8one6
May 20, 2012

According to the latest KS update the books are finally out of customs!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Any updates on the HC shipping yet?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Just read the KS update about shipping! Woot!

8one6
May 20, 2012

According to my tracking info it's en route!

Also, DHL express disavows all knowledge of DHL Global mail's practices. So I learned that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I actually had to use the USPS website for my DHL marked shipment.

Yeah, finding out that there's an entire division of a global package delivery company that doesn't deliver their own packages was news to me.

Personally, I suspect a plot by ALAN.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

New comiXology collections will go online to coincide with new hardcover editions. Ring of Fire is kinda goofy since there current Kickstarter is sorta delaying that, but we're in the final stages of that. And since future campaigns will be much simpler, there shouldn't be a gap this bad between IDW's TPB release and our hardcover/digital releases.

Are you doing another KS for the next volumes?
And would it be possible to convince you to add a hardcover edition of the Atomic Robo RPG as a stretch goal?

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'll be backing this!
Also, will you be shipping these from China in a big crate marked "Atomic" like last time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Hey, Hyperactive, do you have any way of knowing if there's still books in transit? Mine supposedly shipped back in mid-August and now DHL says they never heard of me, not sure if that's Working As Intended or if I need to put on my panic pants and/or what to do about it.

Make sure you're looking at DHL global mail/eCommerce and not DHL express, as Express disavows any knowledge of global mail's actions.

If you have the tracking number here's the global mail tracker.

• Locked thread