Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«115 »
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I found a great tutorial!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booyah-
Dec 21, 2004

thats cool, where was it posted?

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Posted a wip escape pod last month for Escape from Aeon.

https://twitter.com/ghostknot_games...785611459039238

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at Jun 27, 2018 around 23:12

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Did you do somethin' with your hair?

Hi pixel thread, I've been busy!

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I never thought to do a 2-step size reduction. That seems to interpolate a lot better than doing it in one shot.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Make this your new av. Do it for us. Do it for Lowtax.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Scut posted:

Make this your new av. Do it for us. Do it for Lowtax.

I dunnnoooooo what if I abandon the project again?

Also I totally forgot I did this as well

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations."
-Bill Watterson

Shoehead posted:

I dunnnoooooo what if I abandon the project again?

Also I totally forgot I did this as well

Oh man that owns

I love doomlady

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

this is a face you can trust

Can we post other poeple’s art for comment? I’ve commissioned a few pieces in a couple of styles as concept art for a game I have rolling around in my head, and I wouldn’t mind getting opinions on them.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Please do, it's interesting to see different artists' take on the same subject matter.

Aneurexorcyst
Feb 11, 2004

There is a great disturbance in the monarchy...

Those smears are excellent

Also, my game is out next week!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/.../Jack_B_Nimble/

Aneurexorcyst fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2018 around 18:37

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nice work! I saw that one making the rounds on twitter.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

Thanks, trying 2 pixel more...

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Haven't posted in here in a bit but a few months ago I got to do some work for a pixel art zine, which is finally ready to be sold to folk. We were past 200% funded the last time I checked so I'm pretty sure everyone who orders will get a copy. All the profits are going to Ablegamers too. US and Canada only though, Fedex were being dicks about shipping :\

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ixel-art-zine#/

Anyway here's my contribution. I finally saved up enough for a cintiq

And in the meantime I've been working on this gun thing

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Congrats on getting to take part in that zine. Your game sprite makes me want to dig up a copy of Halloween Harry.

I finished a matte background for Temporus.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

good forms

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont normally post in this thread because i dont consider what i do to be good enough to be considered pixel art (and i dont practice any kind of pallet contro) but i spent a lot of time on this so id appreciate any kind of critique

Al! fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2018 around 03:38

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

I'm not an artist, but I'd investigate cyborg crimes in that world.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations."
-Bill Watterson

Al! posted:

i dont normally post in this thread because i dont consider what i do to be good enough to be considered pixel art (and i dont practice any kind of pallet contro) but i spent a lot of time on this so id appreciate any kind of critique

That is exceptionally cool. I especially like the way it glows.

If I had to nitpick something I'd say the dots where the rain hits the ground look kinda stuttery, is there just 2 frames for the rain? The falling rain looks fine, but the dots on the ground kinda stand out to me.

The spot light, the neon, the smoke, everything looks great otherwise.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

That is exceptionally cool. I especially like the way it glows.

If I had to nitpick something I'd say the dots where the rain hits the ground look kinda stuttery, is there just 2 frames for the rain? The falling rain looks fine, but the dots on the ground kinda stand out to me.

The spot light, the neon, the smoke, everything looks great otherwise.

its three frames for the rain, it's a good critique because generally i think three frames are enough for rain but this is so detailed it probably needs more

the genre of pixel art i work in is basically "fictional lucasarts adventure game backgrounds" which tbh isn't something i see elsewhere very often

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

There's a lot to like here. I'd suggest halving your canvas size, and try working within a constrained palette. Both will free up mental resources and time that you can put into form and composition.

There's a guy on twitter I follow, Matt Frith, who draws a lot of adventure game backgrounds. His work is something I look up to.
http://www.mattfrith.com/

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Something i'm working on during my free time. I'm trying to do something reminiscent of lucasarts adventure games.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shinku ABOOKEN
Oct 23, 2009

STOP IT

STOP ALL THIS
NONSENSE

is the text supposed to say “infinite sustain”?

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yep. It's a little roguelike I work on with friends. Our musician chose the title because it's both thematic to some of the gameplay goals as well as some of the music styles.

Shinku ABOOKEN
Oct 23, 2009

STOP IT

STOP ALL THIS
NONSENSE

Scut posted:

Yep. It's a little roguelike I work on with friends. Our musician chose the title because it's both thematic to some of the gameplay goals as well as some of the music styles.

Sounds (heh) good. BTW the “a” looks too much like a “d”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh yes you're right I'll edit.

«115 »