Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MWMetric
Nov 7, 2000

There's some really great stuff in here!

Here's just a couple of my own things. This first one is from a platform game that I started and never finished, something I am guilty of doing way too often.

And this second one is from a dungeon crawl game I am working on right now that is almost finished, I'll be posting the game on here when it's done. It's 3D but the enemies are 2D sprites and the 3D textures are all low res pixel art style.

MWMetric fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MWMetric
Nov 7, 2000

Gordon Cole posted:

This looks really good, I like the environment a lot. My only critique is that the contrast in style between the environment and character is kind of jarring. There's a lot of color variance in the walls and floors, but the character is pure solid colors with no shading. Both look fine on their own, but it looks a bit strange when they're combined.

Yeah I know what you mean, that's actually because I started this game as a 48 hour challenge to myself to get a game done, and everything was stylized like the character there and the walls and everything were just flat and the same style. I decided I would turn it into a full game and I kept the original enemies and character sprites because I really liked how they turned out, so there is a bit of a disconnect. Everything is already taking me way longer than I planned to so I can't really justify updating all the original sprites, there are a lot of them!