Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I would love to get back into pixel art if I ever manage to find the time. I did sprites for "You can't evolve" during the SA gamedev contest a few years ago http://labtanner.com/gamedev/index.php?title=Team_Top_Percentile , but didn't save any of my work from it when I changed computers :I
The only pixel arts I have are these two masks I made like three years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Unormal posted:

I'm thinking of entering, but I don't know any artists; was thinking of seeing if any pixel artist folks wanted to join forces with a technician/designer team (we did Caves of Qud, no art involved ;))

You guys rock, wish I could do pixel art. :(

I'd like to do art again this year, but I probably won't be able to devote as much time to it as I had in the past couple years. I wouldn't mind making some sprites\loading screens depending on what you're game idea is.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Here's an avatar I've been whittling away at. I'm not entirely happy with the color choices I've made (particularly when It comes to the yellow skin\fur), but I'm going to wait unitl it's closer to complete to judge how it works as a whole.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I don't know why I don't pixel more often, it's really relaxing.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Jewel posted:

I've always been restricted by my sense of time. I hear some people talk about how they spent weeks on some huge grand painting and like, it shows, but how do you even spend more than an hour on a single art piece without completely hating it. And how do you come back to it a second or third day!

Usually you have more than one piece going at a time (usually 3-4), so when you get tired with one you can work on another - plus it lets you get a fresh perspective when you come back to it.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

This week's compixellated challenge.

E: The more I look at this the more I see wrong with it, hopefully I'll have time to revise it before the deadline.

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 22, 2014

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

WIP

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

E: bleh.

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 14, 2014

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Cirrial posted:

But the outlines and detail lines within the pictures look like they've been cleaned up by the pixel. How is it not pixel art? I'm confused.

Yeah, I can see that now that I take a second look at it, so I apologize. It's about the aesthetic I suppose - but like people have said this is pretty much the least important thing on earth, ever.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

A cuttlefish I pixeled recently

I used photoshop's kuler tool to pick a triadic color scheme, but I think I think it's a little barf - I might just stick to eyeballing it.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

E: Oh wow I missed a bunch of stray pixels. Oh well.

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jul 20, 2014

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Compixellated challenge entry for this week, kinda rushed unfortunately but I like how it turned out. I made the monkey up on the spot but I decided it's name is "Pumpy".

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Ninja for @pixel_Dalies.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I made a neon tetra for this week's compixellated challenge

E:those white pixels are driving me nuts but it's too late to fix it now

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 7, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

How did you do the dithering? Custom brush?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Here's a Coleophysis for #drawdinovember on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006