Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Lycus posted:

I'd wager that it's not really your equipment that made the difference, that's just you learning how to play. That's pretty much everyone's experience. Everyone loving hates Letho on their first playthrough, then they kick his rear end on a higher difficulty on their second go.

Well I'm having trouble with him on Dark mode, but that's because he kills me in one hit and I haven't gotten deep into my Alchemist tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The difficulty of the first Letho fight is in the comparatively small area you're in. The second time you have a lot of space.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Riso posted:

The difficulty of the first Letho fight is in the comparatively small area you're in. The second time you have a lot of space.
By "second go", I meant a second playthrough.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Can someone give me a brief explanation on how Alchemy is supposed to work? Like, one time I can make 2 Grapeshots, and 5 seconds later I can make 14.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

Can someone give me a brief explanation on how Alchemy is supposed to work? Like, one time I can make 2 Grapeshots, and 5 seconds later I can make 14.

It depends on the ingredients you have available. I'm not sure how it selects your default ingredients for any given formula, but on the right hand side of the screen, you can drag other ingredients into the formula. It's kind of bad about picking ingredients you DON'T want to use by default, so play close attention before you make anything, and pick what's plentiful/the least valuable so you don't lose anything you might want or need later.

And you'll have the option to make as many as possible for your least abundant ingredient selected.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Capsaicin posted:

One time: you had two of a particular ingredient for a substance in the slot.

5 seconds later: It's replaced by another ingredient, of which you have 14, that contains that same substance.

Edit: And yes, pay attention to which ingredients it auto-selects. They need to patch this so that the game saves "favored" ingredients and gives precedence to them.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 25, 2012

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Or just defaults to the cheapest/most plentiful. Yes, I would like to make grapeshot using the one draugr claw I have, not the 100 celandine.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
At this point, I just wish there were more quest markers. I'm supposed to "Find Malena", and I have absolutely no idea as to where she could have gone.

Edit: Do I have to have the plan for something in my inventory in order to make it? Or is owning it at one point enough? If not, can I put it in storage and still access it?

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 25, 2012

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

At this point, I just wish there were more quest markers. I'm supposed to "Find Malena", and I have absolutely no idea as to where she could have gone.

Depending on how far you are she is either at the harbor, the lake or the burned asylum.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Riso posted:

Dudes no.

I mean I played through this on my first go like a retard.

Mix and matched like crazy.

sold all trophies, didnt understand the point.

Didn't buy more than x2 sets of armor the entire game and didnt craft a fuckign thing besides witcher's robust sword.

didn't know what armor enhancements or runes did and simply sold them like a tard.

When I fought Saskia, it took forty loving minutes because my heavy attack crits did four damage.

So...

yeah. I chilled out and played it properly this time, and went full on beardneck on getting the best items I could, leading me to get amazing, kick-rear end weapons and I went swordsman second playthrough, by the end I didn't even need quen because with the exception of shield dudes I was able to tank as geralt.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
CDProjekt officially goes creeper:

http://impulsegamer.com/interviewtrissmerigold.html

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

:psyduck:

Polish video game developers must get laid even less than usual.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

The playboy thing was a thing that actually happened back when the game first came out, actually, so they went creeper a long time ago.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Man, the Kayran fight in Act 1 is really loving with me. When you do fist fights, the QTE prompts appear on the bottom if you're supposed to hit A, top if Y, and so on. Now they all appear on bottom. :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Capsaicin posted:

Man, the Kayran fight in Act 1 is really loving with me. When you do fist fights, the QTE prompts appear on the bottom if you're supposed to hit A, top if Y, and so on. Now they all appear on bottom. :(

Mid-battle prompts like that only come in three flavors: left click, right click, or space. I don't know what the 360 equivalent of each of those buttons are, but you only need to be on the lookout for those three.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Smol posted:

:psyduck:

Polish video game developers must get laid even less than usual.

But these are devs behind The Witcher, a game that would not exist if coded by people who weren't anything but alpha #1. There's a good chance that their party-friendly office has seen Dandelion-amounts of superior Polish weed and women on weekends

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

But these are devs behind The Witcher, a game that would not exist if coded by people who weren't anything but alpha #1. There's a good chance that their party-friendly office has seen Dandelion-amounts of superior Polish weed and women on weekends

I love that they have a Princess and the Frog standee in their reading area.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Brownie posted:

The playboy thing was a thing that actually happened back when the game first came out, actually, so they went creeper a long time ago.

Yep, and it's included in the GOG extras, I remember seeing it and thinking it was really creepy.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Yet another bug with the EE... Just entered Flotsam after escaping the Elves, I've got the quest to go and see the hanging. I get to the first pair of villagers without pants and the game crashes. Every time, at the same spot - Crash to desktop with 'Witcher 2 has stopped working'. I'm not running any addons and I have the Steam edition so should be fully patched up. I played through the prologue last night without any problems whatsoever.

InvisibleHand
Aug 23, 2009
Nap Ghost
So tommorow is CDPR's summer conference thingy, the current state of rumors is as follows:

Initially it was believed that CDPR was going to release an XBOX 360 and PS3 port of the first Witcher game, Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf, which they had cancelled some time back. CDPR is saying that that is not the case but nevertheless the danish blockbuster page and this site have decided to list the game as to be released and it seems they are taking preorders.

What CDPR has promised is to announce their new IP. the only thing known about it thus far is that they recently started filling positions for artists and programmers for a "RPG in a Brand New Setting"

The conference can be watched live tommorrow at 12pm EST on the witcher facebook page.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Teaser image, apparently.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Cyberpunk future RPG.

Of course.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

They know their (Eastern European) audience.

niff
Jul 4, 2010
i can never get enough of cyberpunk, this is a good thing.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
If anyone's gonna do cyberpunk right, it'll be CDPR. I can't loving wait.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Oh god yes :awesomelon::fh:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

This is a good thing. That teaser looks 80's as hell, though.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

That teaser looks 80's as hell, though.

I cannot think of a better possible throwback setting for cyberpunk than 80s pop culture seen through an eastern European lens.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ohhh I can dig it, I dont like fantasy-medieval settings that much, but now I'm really interested

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Looks a bit dated to be honest, but I'll wait until their conference before passing judgement.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
For all the bitching about the gold filter, DE:HR has really knocked it out of the park with their take on cyberpunk visuals. Now I can't help but look at that mohawk and go "Oh, that's cute."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Megazver posted:

For all the bitching about the gold filter, DE:HR has really knocked it out of the park with their take on cyberpunk visuals. Now I can't help but look at that mohawk and go "Oh, that's cute."

DX:HR wasn't cyberpunk, it was cyberrenaissance.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Fuzz posted:

DX:HR wasn't cyberpunk, it was cyberrenaissance.

The punk in cyberpunk doesn't really refer to the hair.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
All I know is that image screams Cyberpunk 2020 ( or Shadowrun, but that wasn't really my bag - I don't dig elves in my dystopia ), so I'm excited.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!

ZombyDog posted:

All I know is that image screams Cyberpunk 2020

IGN says that this new CD Projekt game is actualy called... "Cyberpunk" and is based on Cyberpunk 2020.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/cd-projekt-red-announces-cyberpunk

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 30, 2012

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Attention Horse posted:

IGN says that this new CD Projekt game is actualy called... "Cyberpunk" and is based on Cyberpunk 2020.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/cd-projekt-red-announces-cyberpunk

Hooooley shiiiit

This is going to be the best game ever.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

There's gonna be a looooot of cybertits. God damnit this will be great.

e: This is probably the next wave of games in a similar genre. First it was World War II, then Modern Combat, then Zombie games and now it's Cyberpunk. I'm not complaining, I love cyberpunk.

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 30, 2012

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ZombyDog posted:

All I know is that image screams Cyberpunk 2020 ( or Shadowrun, but that wasn't really my bag - I don't dig elves in my dystopia ), so I'm excited.

Give this man a loving gold star.

So yeah, it's them doing an adaptation of Cyberpunk 2020. Not only that, but they have the Cyberpunk 2020 CREATOR on the team for the game.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Happy to hear Witcher 2 is coming to Mac OS as well. One less reason to boot camp.

Now do Skyrim, Bethesda! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

I'm happy that they aren't working on Witcher 3 right now. Cyberpunk is a nice change of pace for them.

• Locked thread