Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006

Woodpile posted:

Richmond, VA.

I'm not great at fishing, but I've never had any luck at the two DGIF stocked ponds here unless I've gone within three days of them being stocked. What kind of fish are you after? I've fished a lot of the public lakes and parks north of the river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006

Woodpile posted:

I'm after anything that's not a panfish. I can catch those all day long. Yesterday I went to Dorey Park which has a pond they stock with trout and channel cats. There's also a pier. I was the only one there so I got to put three lines in the water with cut bait going for catfish. I did catch a 16" largemouth, but it was really skinny. Other than the bait I caught that was my only fish.

I can only comment for bass fishing, but I've only fished Dorey a couple times and never had much luck. I like both Echo Lake and Three Lakes parks for bass, Echo because I generally have good luck and think the scenery is nice, and Three Lakes has pretty nice sized bass and pickerel. Both parks have much less access from the bank than Dorey though. I don't have any experience with catfish though, but both should be stocked. Feel to reply or PM me if you want any specific advice on fishing them.