Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Is there a way to make Ubuntu classic not look like poo poo? The panels looks flat and gross, can their appearance be changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Well I just ran some system updates and now flash is hosed up. In chrome, flash videos and pandora play at like 7x normal speed. In firefox flash videos are all choppy and slow. I have no idea which package messed it up, I had like 160 updates waiting for me.

Anyone else having this issue?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Maybe I just didnt noticed this on 12.04, but did the "other" login option get removed? I just joined my new install to my offices windows domain and I went to go login but that option is gone. How do I log in now?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

hifi posted:

I'm struggling to remember what the default login manager looks like (I use gdm) but I'm pretty sure you just click the cog shaped thing to change per-user login things, and then there are other options in the top right menu bar.

Nope, that cog wheel is gone anyway.

But I found the answer:

1- open /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf as root
2- add this at the end of the file: greeter-show-manual-login=true

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
So why was gnome-screen saver crippled? I just installed 13.10 and remembered that I had to install a different screen saver app just to get a blank screen (as opposed to gnome's default of turning the monitor off which kills my speakers too) which really sucks. What was their reasoning for that? Im installing xscreensaver right now but what gives? That decision seems pretty loving retarded if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

mystes posted:

Because most people who don't have your particular speaker issue don't need this functionality any more?

They dont want to use screen savers?

• Locked thread