Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

boom boom boom posted:

A very forgetful photographer

One for the camera body, 2 caps per lens, and a serious photographer is going to have a lot of lenses. Even the average dSLR user who bought it and has no idea how to use it could be in line for 7 caps.

It's something I'd look at buying once I finally have a camera I have no idea how to use!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

An acquaintance just launched his kickstarter for a movie today, Pwned! The Ultimate Geek Anthem Film, and I think it looks pretty cool

Full disclosure: I'm not involved in the project in any way, aside from being in it for $10

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

WickedIcon posted:

Uh-huh. Got any bridges for sale?

I lurked SA for a year or two and finally bought an account because of the World of Tanks thread and the E/N Comics thread. You can believe whatever you like.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Farbtoner posted:

Could you ask your acquaintance why he closed his Kickstarter and moved to IndieGoGo? Especially since now he's on the Flexible Funding model, which means he gets to keep every donation whether or not he reaches his goal, and nothing suggests he's going to get anything near the $250,000 he said was the bare minimum to get the movie made.

"Retweaked the budget" to scare people less, and issues with Amazon payments is what I was told. Went with flexi in the hope that if they don't reach the total funding, they can at least reach enough for the Camera, start preproduction and try for funding again with what they've done. Disappointed with the reaction they got. All I know.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

obliriovrons posted:

Another question: Did you actually think that project was going to get a favorable reception here? If you did, how much time have you really spent on these forums?

Clearly not enough time, because I now regret sharing it here.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fished out of the games thread,

Infinitum posted:

Not necessarily game related, but Lightpack - Ambient lighting for your displays is finishing soon. Watch their video and tell me it wouldn't be amazing for big screen gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTjpQaWKIiE

I've just backed it and there's only :siren: 26 hours :siren: to go.!

Le0 posted:

Not a game but this just popped up : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1458134548/arkyd-a-space-telescope-for-everyone-0

Planetary Resources, the guys that want to mine asteroid launched a kickstarter to help launch a small satellite with a telescope and also a screen on the outside of the spacecraft with an arm giving backers at 25$ level the ability to take pictures of pictures in space! I'm not sure about the idea, it's a bit gimmicky honestly, however the telescope part kicks rear end.

Are goons going to put the first goatse in space ?

I like me some lighting, but I don't like me an empty wallet

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

You can't make this poo poo up, Kickstarter Canada has been open less than a day and one of the first projects up is a goddamn engineered hockey stick :canada:

I'm not even American, and I still find that hilarious.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is a thing, and it is a thing that must be made and I must have

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skirmos/skirmos-open-source-laser-tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is a good cause if you like old warbirds, the Australian National Aviation Museum is restoring a Beaufort Bomber and with our current government of inept neocon shitlords selling and defunding everything not nailed down they're not likely to get funds from anywhere but the public.

• Locked thread