Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Saw this project up on Neil Gaiman's Twitter. Entire books on posters and t-shirts rendered in a minimalist design: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/772573430/litographs-entire-books-on-posters-and-t-shirts

I kind of wonder whether the shirts will last through multiple washings, but those posters are drat nice. There are a lot more posters on their website (http://www.litographs.com/), but I assume they are flatbed printed. I am not sure what the actual difference is without seeing/feeling the difference, but there are more designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Stripped is a comic strip documentary, which is pretty interesting in itself, until you go a bit further down and read this:

quote:

STRIPPED is a love-letter to comic strips. It brings together the world’s best cartoonists to talk about the art form they love, and what happens to it as newspapers die. Over 90 interviews were conducted, including the first-ever audio interview with Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes),

And that's about when I stopped reading and just gave them money.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

99% Invisible is a phenomenal podcast about design and architecture. I'm not even sure where to begin with good episodes, but I was really entranced by the Heyoon episode for some reason. But really, if you have even a casual interest in the subject, it's definitely worth a listen, and Roman Mars's voice has this sort of calming quality about it, despite his metal as hell name.

Anyway, their Kickstarter is up with some pretty snazzy rewards.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I am pleasantly astonished at the star power backing the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter. They just now announced that the cast of BSG (Sackhoff, Olmos, Helfer, Bamber, and Trucco) is going to do a Reading Rainbow live event. This is in addition to various set visits, Seth McFarlane matching pledges, Veronica Mars, and of course the cast of various Star Treks. Goddamn.

• Locked thread