Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

darkwolf220 posted:

Welp, CNC had their case of each Cup tonight. 36 tins. $1000 per spot in that break. And the winner is... no one. Best hit was a Wayne Gretzky honorable numbers /99 patch auto. A $500 card. Other highlights include Jordan Eberle 1/1 plate auto, Eberle Signature patch, Eberle Limited Logos, Corey Perry Rookie patch auto, Vinny Lecavalier honorable numbers /4 Program of Excellence dual auto MAF/Lehnier.

And a bunch of other ~$300 cards. Howe, Lemieux, Crosby autos.

End of the day, a huge bust. Even the guy who gets 1st overall will be hard pressed to do much more than turn a profit. Welp, glad it was not my money.

They also threw in an autographed Jordan Eberle jersey and an autographed Guy Lafleur jersey as draftable hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

In a Titanium case break tonight over at http://www.blogtv.com/people/myfreeadvocate / http://mystlsportscards.com/

There is a mixed break posted as well, 6PM EST, come over and join up, he will give $5 off/spot if you're new :toot:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Wound up I was able to find my catalytic converter for about $150 less than my neighbour/mechanic quoted, so I think I'll celebrate with some hockey cards after work tomorrow.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
i will be taking a spot in that break. we need a few more ;)
its 5$ off. Well worth the gamble.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I highly doubt they're worth anything, but I found a pack of 1995 Topps Stadium Club hockey cards. The full 50 card set. It includes Geoff Sanderson of the Whalers and has five fancy looking "Topps Rookie Picks" cards. I've tried Googling them but not much comes up. Anyone know anything about these?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
So last nights break was stellar. Wolf ended up with a pretty decent redemption, and I walked out with a patch...lehtonen! Only took like 30 breaks but got exactly what I wanted.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Is anyone in this thread from Vancouver? I am culling my collection very severely before I move to Ottawa. It is hard, but I need to get it done. Does anyone have a card shop they trust I can get an appraisal at?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

mennoknight posted:

Is anyone in this thread from Vancouver? I am culling my collection very severely before I move to Ottawa. It is hard, but I need to get it done. Does anyone have a card shop they trust I can get an appraisal at?

You could try craigslist or ebay the important parts.
Some of us around here might even be interested. I am a Dallas Collector, as well as some early Thrasher stuff if it helps.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Post some stuff here for me to buy. I collect Coyotes :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

For anyone interested, the box breaking has resumed. Get in now, got some great deals up :)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Well Dallas and Phoenix weren't teams in the NHL when I collected cards. You goddamned kids get off my lawn.

I bought a 1 month Beckett pricing subscription to organize my collection, then I am going to take it to three shops to get estimates. I won't sell if I don't get decent offers. I know my Pat Roy RC is worth at least 125, and there are 30-40 other cards that should top 30.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Patrick Roy rookies sell in the $60s on ebay, unless they are graded 8 or 9 in which case you can double that amount.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Yeah, the thing's not officially graded, we didn't do that in the old days. You just didn't have buddies throw their cards at it as you stood it against a wall if the goalie wasn't Pete Peeters.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hmm, just contacted Panini about getting a several month old Kris Draper jersey auto from Certified /25 replaced. They have usually been pretty stellar about doing proper replacements. What did they replace it with?

Matt Read Contenders auto /800 :stare: I am pretty pissed. Gonna call and have a chat.

e: Update

So I called Customer Service and asked for Redemptions. The lady I got there was like 'Well, I understand your frustration but it is a random pull and actually we are replacing your card valued at $15 with a card valued at $25 (Read sells for $5 on ebay lol) so that is that.' I disagreed with the assessment of value and I was told too bad. I told her I'd rather wait another 6 months for the Draper than take something /800. She said too bad, you can't do that. I asked to talk to her supervisor, he is out of town. I ask if I can talk to a different supervisor, she says no. I get pissed, tell her I will be calling back on Monday about it. She says ok, bye.

So I stew for a few minutes and call back, ask for a CS supervisor instead. Get a lady on the phone, explain the situation. She again tells me that it is a random pull, they can't change it. I say ok, fine, I understand, but I am still not happy with it and would rather just wait for the other card. She says she can stop the package and do that if I want to. I tell her to do that, let her know that the lady over in redemptions told me I could NOT do that. She apologizes for that, says she will get on the line with the mail room and stop the package and put me back on the wait list for the Draper. I thank her, end of phone call. Before I finished typing this out, she had made the correction. Thank you Jessica in CS.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 17, 2012

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

darkwolf220 posted:

Hmm, just contacted Panini about getting a several month old Kris Draper jersey auto from Certified /25 replaced. They have usually been pretty stellar about doing proper replacements. What did they replace it with?

Matt Read Contenders auto /800 :stare: I am pretty pissed. Gonna call and have a chat.

e: Update

So I called Customer Service and asked for Redemptions. The lady I got there was like 'Well, I understand your frustration but it is a random pull and actually we are replacing your card valued at $15 with a card valued at $25 (Read sells for $5 on ebay lol) so that is that.' I disagreed with the assessment of value and I was told too bad. I told her I'd rather wait another 6 months for the Draper than take something /800. She said too bad, you can't do that. I asked to talk to her supervisor, he is out of town. I ask if I can talk to a different supervisor, she says no. I get pissed, tell her I will be calling back on Monday about it. She says ok, bye.

So I stew for a few minutes and call back, ask for a CS supervisor instead. Get a lady on the phone, explain the situation. She again tells me that it is a random pull, they can't change it. I say ok, fine, I understand, but I am still not happy with it and would rather just wait for the other card. She says she can stop the package and do that if I want to. I tell her to do that, let her know that the lady over in redemptions told me I could NOT do that. She apologizes for that, says she will get on the line with the mail room and stop the package and put me back on the wait list for the Draper. I thank her, end of phone call. Before I finished typing this out, she had made the correction. Thank you Jessica in CS.

It's good they fixed that for you, but holy poo poo what a process. I got pissed just reading it. You're a more patient man than I sir.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Was perusing Target's clearance bin when I found four packs of 09-10 UD Series 1. They're $1.59 a pack, what the gently caress, why not?

Nothing spectacular, but I did wind up pulling a Tyler Myers Young Guns, so I guess I'm pretty okay with it.

No Flyers though. :(

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

Was perusing Target's clearance bin when I found four packs of 09-10 UD Series 1. They're $1.59 a pack, what the gently caress, why not?

Nothing spectacular, but I did wind up pulling a Tyler Myers Young Guns, so I guess I'm pretty okay with it.

No Flyers though. :(

I love finding goodies in the clearance sections. Always grab UDS1/2 packs when they are there, got some nice young guns out of them in the past (Doughty, Simmonds, Holtby) Tyler Myers is solid for the $6 investment.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Added 6 cards to the Gudbranson collection today, including a significant numbers /44. Pretty happy overall.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

So, Panini Prime looks nice

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Oh god drat I'd murder for that Phoenix card.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Rutkowski posted:

Oh god drat I'd murder for that Phoenix card.

The jersey version is out of 150, you should be able to get it for $10-25. The patch version, that is the one you need to murder for :)

Also those ties cards are awesome, too bad they are all redemptions.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Don't need the patch but yeah, gonna scour eBay for a while for that jersey version.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The ties are probably redemptions because there's no way to package them.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

The ties are probably redemptions because there's no way to package them.

Yeah, they've said this is the case. How do you even store or protect that thing? 300 count box?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Yeah, they've said this is the case. How do you even store or protect that thing? 300 count box?

Probably just one of those little plastic clam cases that you get in essentially every ITG 1-pack product. It will be a lot easier to store than booklet cards. My OEL booklet is still naked... inside my locked card wall case :)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Probably just one of those little plastic clam cases that you get in essentially every ITG 1-pack product. It will be a lot easier to store than booklet cards. My OEL booklet is still naked... inside my locked card wall case :)

did the booklet one touch cases ever come out or are they just a myth at this point?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

did the booklet one touch cases ever come out or are they just a myth at this point?

Myth, though I know someone custom makes them for about $30 each.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

They exist, I've used them before. 360pt one touch cases.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

They exist, I've used them before. 360pt one touch cases.

But do they display the booklet open?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

But do they display the booklet open?

No, they do not.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

In a 20 Case break of Score today >.> I may have an issue with these cheap sets.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

In a 20 Case break of Score today >.> I may have an issue with these cheap sets.

Surmy you are in case breaks of everything every day.
I think you need CCA
Card Collectors Anonymous

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

Surmy you are in case breaks of everything every day.
I think you need CCA
Card Collectors Anonymous

I've actually only been in one OPC and one Score in the last three weeks. After these, I might jump in panini prime(Though probably too expensive/risky for my tastes) and then it's onto the expo.

Although through trading I did pickup 25 new cards for the Gudbranson collection today.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

I've actually only been in one OPC and one Score in the last three weeks. After these, I might jump in panini prime(Though probably too expensive/risky for my tastes) and then it's onto the expo.

Although through trading I did pickup 25 new cards for the Gudbranson collection today.

You are in a prime break already you liar!

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

You are in a prime break already you liar!

I have not paid for that one, I'm going to end up backing out, 165$ for 4 hits is too much for my blood.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

For anyone interested I have a bunch of cards for sale/trade

Won't poo poo up the thread with the images here but feel free to check em out http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopic.php?t=45299

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Won't poo poo up the thread with the images here but feel free to check em out http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopic.php?t=45299

All lehtonen, all the time.
phillip larsen auto

6 dollars is my offer

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Surmy posted:

Interested in:

Curtis Joseph stick/jersey
Scrivens jersey/auto
Tellqvist jersey/auto

:10bux: shipped? I'm in Ontario if that helps :canada:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I guess i can try here to offload some stuff i have kicking around.
Dont have pictures at the moment, but i can send if you'd like.

It's all going to end up on ebay eventually that doesnt get sold, so if anything interests anyone, lemme know.

Bonus : each purchase comes with a grab bag of assorted base/inserts/jersey/auto cards! 20-25 cards per pack. No cost to you for shipping it either!
1 Item = 1 grab Bag!

Pinnacle
Niklas Backstrom Threads : /25 PATCH 2 color
Mikko Koivu Pantheon
Milan Lucic Threads : /25 PATCH 3 color
Anze Kopitar Threads : /25 PRIME 2 color
Henrik Lundqvist Threads /25 Jersey/Prime 1 color
Starting 6 Capitals /50 Prime 2-3 Colors
Starting 6 Canucks /199 Jersey
Starting 6 Sharks /50 PRIME 2-3 colors

Certified
Tim Thomas Fabrics of the Game Jersey/auto /25
Jonathon Quick Blue Mirror /99
James Reimer Blue Mirror /99 3 color jersey
Matt Frattin freshman signatures

Titanium
Mike Murphy /70 Rookie
Teddy Purcell Titanium Reserve
Paul Statsny Patch /25 3 color

Other
Drew Doughty Private Signings
Johnathon Bernier Pviate signings
Ilya Bryzgalov BTP prime 2 color
Jaroslav Halak BTP redemption jersey card
Ed Giacomin Silver BTP masked Men /99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hey, interested in the Doughty and Bernier Private Signings. What did you have in mind for them? I have a Kari Lehtonen Crown Royale Premier Dates signings /99 you might be interested in as well.

• Locked thread