Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sba posted:

Select is a really nice product, I hope you guys do well with it.

Select is really nice. I bought a Target blaster earlier today, inspired by Boinks' hit, and pulled a Claude Giroux auto/jersey out of 25. Beautiful card, with a very clean design for the set.

And, a Pavel Datsyuk refractor in the other pack! (go wings)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Cool Yzerman hit, Select was awesome as always.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I love the Select blasters.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

^^ Ditto! Hope everyone got something nice for the season. I bought 2 blasters of Select yesterday! I got... a Fire of Ice insert and a base Prizm. I guess that is like getting coal :( :iamafag:

Who was the base Prizm of?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Had a small free Winter Classic haul yesterday in Ann Arbor and throughout the week in Detroit.

Upper Deck gave away four-card packs of a 20-card Winter Classic set (10 Wings, 10 Leafs, two rookies per team). I ended up chatting with the UD guys, and got 19 cards out of 20, all but JVR. Lots of doubles that will be going to family and friends. Included were three autographs of Danny DeKeyser, Petr Mrazek, and Morgan Rielly, which will end up being a pain to track down.

Panini was giving out sticker sheets with three Wings and three Leafs, got some of those too.

In Detroit, there were Red Wings alums signing free autographs every day, which was awesome. Met Nick Lidstrom and Ted Lindsay on Friday, Igor Larionov and Dino Ciccarelli on Saturday, and every other Wings lifer on Saturday and Sunday.

darkwolf220 posted:

Replacing Kris Draper Certified Numbers jsy/auto /25 with Keith Yandle Dominion Peerless Patches /40 - So much better a replacement, gently caress Kris Draper.

Kris Draper is the man. He was signing autographs and hanging out in the Molson tent during Canada/Czech Republic. Absolutely awesome to talk Team Canada with an awesome man of the people (who was part of the first Canadian team to win World Juniors on Canadian soil, and who won the tournament twice).

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Heaf posted:

Titanium may not be available in hobby shops in the US...but it's available in retail? Stopped in at Walmart looking for Prizm and noticed a silver Panini Titanium tin. I thought it might be something to do with the basketball version, but nope, hockey. It comes in one silver tin (about the size of a Series 1 tin), with a Jumbo card and one pack of 30 cards. I got a Dougie Hamilton Jumbo, Matt Irwin rookie /299, Tuuka Rask Red /199, and Drew Stafford Game Worn Gear. Weird strategy, though I guess it falls in line with the Select blasters.

....what? Price?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That's disappointing. At least the Galchenyuk will get a buyer somewhere, if you wanted to.

Strongly considering a trip to Windsor for Titanium and Team Canada.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
How many do you have?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
There's a PS card of Yzerman in a Wings uniform, and a PS card of Yzerman looking awkward while people applaud him.

A weird card.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Heaf posted:

This is a card of Stevie Y as the GM of the Lightning, there's another one out there. I believe it's a Scratching the Surface in 12-13 Rookie Anthology.

Officially, he's the GM of the Lightning on that card, but the photo is from the Wings game against Vancouver when Stevie was honored for making the HHOF. You can see the jerseys of guys on the bench in the background, along with Yzerman's awkward expression.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I bought a tin and pulled a jumbo Seth Jones and a Lehtonen red #/199.

Anyone want either?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

anotherblownsave posted:

Would be interested in the Jones jumbo

Email?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Went to visit my brother and his fiancee for her birthday. On the way, stopped into Target looking for deals. In the repacks, 2 of the boxes had a pack of old Trilogy in them, so I bought both. There was also 1 last tin of Titanium. I waffled a bit but bough it because it was probably my only chance to get it. Trilogy had a jersey card in each, so that was cool. Opened the Titanium last, jumbo card was Nathan MacKinnon, badass right? No fat cards in the pack so I figured I'd just get a couple rookies and I was right. First was a Freddie Andersen /299, pretty cool dude. Slide him off and I just sit there with this looking back at me:

What. The. Ffffffffffff :aaaaa:

How the hell did this get into a loving retail tin? I don't even know what to price it at if I do sell it, there are no comparable items. Is this as big a hit as I think it is or did his lovely play kill the value? This is by far the biggest hit I have gotten out of retail and really close to my biggest hit ever (top 5). Pretty loving happy right now.

I think that's a retail exclusive parallel, because it's not a foil card. Realistically, it's almost a /1 or /5 card, because how much of the Titanium retail print run is getting opened up, you know?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I opened some Crown Royale today. It is fun stuff.

3-color Bourque patch (Bruins) out of 10.
3-color Messier patch (Rangers) out of 10.

Go buy some Crown Royale.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

So, uh, I like talking about hockey cards!

Anyone chasing anything cool?

Crown Royale's silhouettes have been very cool to see come out. Looking at some nice Red Wings rookie patches in that set, along with the five Cup champion Wings jerseys.

Those two sets fit into my two relative PC's for the Wings - auto/patches with the logo, and anything Cup related.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Heaf posted:

Yeah from what I've seen Playbook usually has those 2 one-color jersey swatches/autographs to /199. I know patches are supposed to be rarer and all, they just seem incredibly limited. Contenders comes out this month, anyway.

Blowout's website says Contenders was pushed back to early June. :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Speaking of COMC, is there any kind of option for adding in information to a specific set or something like that?

There's a lot of recent sets that I could probably add the relevant information onto each listing in 10 minutes or so.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

anotherblownsave posted:

That's awesome! Just be glad you didn't get squirted with a water bottle.

Edit: can anyone recommend a case for the prime ties card? I have no idea what it will fit in. Ashe said there are some but I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for them, my local shop doesn't carry anything big enough I know that.

Honestly, the only thing I would suggest would be one of those two-piece slider boxes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Panini put up a gallery of 13-14 Contenders and daaaaamn :stare:

I'd love to get ahold of some of that but it is loving expensive. If we did it in a break we'd need to price it at like $120. Maybe it will go down when Panini loses the license. But that 8x auto with the old school goalies including Tretiak? :gizz:

Just to put it out there, I'm going to do pretty much the master set of 13-14 Contenders. It'll be a long project, but I always loved Contenders, put the first two sets together, and the Winter Classic auto set is from the greatest possible matchup for me (and I did The Great Outdoors set in 11-12).

So excited for this week.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Schremp Howard posted:

Target has $20 packs of Contenders where you get 24 cards and two autographs in each pack. Looking at their other products, seems like Panini has backed off of doing packs for these blaster boxes and instead gives you one cellophane pack with everything inside.

I pulled autographs of Matt Konan (PHI) and Derek Grant (OTT) so :confuoot: Grant is at least a retail-exclusive short print. No idea if you can pull bigger names or sets from those boxes. Although retail-only may make set-building hell.

As someone who has put the Contenders sets together and will do so this year....Panini has presented a wonderful challenge that may take years, but they don't have a license, so I've got time.

Heaf posted:

I did this today. I got Daniel Bang (NSH) Rookie Ticket and Gustav Nyquist NHL Ink. Both are apparently on the retail exclusive list. Nyquist is a nice pull at least.

Please give me the Goose, give me all the geese you have

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'll buy some spots eventually.

Also, 2014-15 MVP is now out. I bought a box and pulled a Teemu Selanne jersey.

Teemu's the man.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

gently caress you, Panini :stare:

Also what the gently caress is Scott Clemmensen doing in there?

It's one player from every team in the Atlantic division.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I might be in, if Darius doesn't want the Red Wings' spot and my friends don't hit big on National Treasures.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Wow, super excited about the auction I just won. You think Osgood is great, just you wait :3:

You got a Hasek?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
If someone wants my spot, they can have it. If I'm needed, I'm in.

Can't make the break anyway to watch. :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ashekaban posted:

theres not even anyone from last year.

i am standing by the fact they made this set two years ago. how do you not have updated teams for spezza when he was traded for on july 1st?

The teams pictured match whatever the jersey piece is. That's why the All-Star cards are matched to a specific ASG and not the team or something.

Among other things, Minnesota hardly ever has game-worn jersey cards.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
In for one.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ashekaban posted:

And sba now has a collection worth more with the Brian Flynn trade

Time to sell, sba. haha

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Payment and address sent.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Schremp Howard posted:

AsInHowe I'll get a scan of that Seabrook patch if you're still interested. It looks like it's the yellow outline that makes the head's hair. But you weren't kidding about the screen printing, Reebok really did make the patches for these one layer with the design included in that. I've said it before and I'll say it again, gently caress Reebok for everything they've done to jerseys since they launched the Edge program.

Yeah, I'm still interested. And yeah, that was the reason I didn't get a Stadium Series jersey.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sba posted:

Leaf signed Eichel to an exclusive auto deal, so no signed Eichel RC's in Upper Deck products.

Yikesssssssssss

Welp, there goes collecting Jack Eichel.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I will take a spot, if need be.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
One for me, confirmed.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Sending payment shortly. Forgot about this.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I ordered a Series One box six weeks ago, and got a call that my local store had it in today. Didn't expect them to have it in, turns out the usual supplier is sending it out late. Instead, got one from a random half-case that came in through the secondary market.

Halfway through, McDavid.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Anyone?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750219

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Someone had a Winter Classic Yzerman card that I needed. Who was that? They wanted Blues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Autograph dump of Panini's remaining inventory.

• Locked thread