Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

They possibly are. Rumors are surfacing that the NHL will give UD's license to Topps, putting Topps back in the hockey card market.

I would like Chrome hockey. Yes indeed.

Stopped collecting this past fall but I wanted to check out the thread and see if SP Authentic came out. It usually does in April. How far back is UD pushing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know the release date of SP Authentic? I had marked April 8th as the date but that obviously wasn't it.

I want a Yak and Schultz rookies to go with my other Oiler SP Authentics.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cory Perry owns.

That Panini rewards is a good idea. I love the In the Game rewards program. I still have my personalized Messier and Bure jersey cards from that.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did the NHLPA make an exception for the Cup to come out this late or is this just what UD does now?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ElwoodCuse posted:

Baseball, but a guy bought a Honus Wagner reprint on eBay for $177 and thinks it's worth millions. The item description says REPRINT

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Sparks-man-wins-online-auction-for-rare/UxWIgeNLmkGcbE2BOe6o5Q.cspx

I'd watch Pawn Stars again to see him. He doesn't actually know yet.

He's been collecting for 30 years and is that dumb? I don't believe it.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

thompson posted:

Reading that article is sad. Guy looks like he has had a tough life. I hope for his sake it is real.

It said right in the auction it was a reprint.

I mean it seems people want a good luck story but this guy has no clue about vintage and there is no way you could open that package and tell right away if it was the real thing.

Put it this way. If you were selling don't you think maybe you'd get it graded. Absolute no brainer.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ElwoodCuse posted:

Blowout Cards is on the case, he's not naive he's just trying to run a scam himself.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/775002-honus-wagner-t206-sold-ebay-170-a.html

Also the local news guy who reported the story had a meltdown on twitter when everyone pointed out to him what a load of poo poo this all was and it could have been disproven in like 5 minutes of research.

Good. I remember a year or two ago there was two guys trying to sell a fake Wagner as the real thing and when asked about getting it graded they made up some lame story about not trusting the process and I think the head of PSA offered to red carpet the card if they submitted and they still wouldn't.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've never broke with you guys as I don't collect that much anymore but I'll buy the last spot. I am ignorant of your process but I have PMs if you want to tell me who to paypal the money too.

Thanks.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sent the cash last night. Looking forward to it.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

I don't play Magic: The Gathering or anything but as a card collector in general this was pretty drat cool: Guy opens a deck of Magic cards from 1993, and pulls a card that just last year sold at auction for nearly $30,000. His reaction is priceless. Fast forward to about 8 minutes in if you want to get right to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxCeO2KIS8

I love how much he was shaking.

I got my cards today. Thanks again, Darkwolf. That Eberle jersey is pretty cool. A nice way of making an otherwise boring jersey card awesome.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've got a couple of bills for a big xmas break.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you need a spot filled I'm in. I'll take one.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh I see it filled. Money sent.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I want one.

and I'll take a second if it doesn't fill.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
disregard

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was wrong and changed my post.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to pay Nov 30th, but if it helps you to have the money sooner. (To lock in a price, get more product, etc.) lemme know and I'll send the money.

Thanks.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sent the money just now. Looking forward to the break.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah i'll take it. I will send the money tonight.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'll end up missing the start of the break. So I'll PM darkwolf my team lists and he can just go off that to make my team picks.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nitramster posted:

While I'm coming to see that, I don't understand it. Beckett claims to track ebay and a bunch of other things, so why does it inflate the value so much?

Well with GU cards. Patch quality affects cards as well which Beckett can't account for.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sweet got the xmas break today.

I was a little concerned at first as it came in a dreaded plastic back that said. "Canada Post regrets that your package is damaged and came in this condition."

But everything looks fine. I didn't see the whole break but everything looks to be intact. Awesome break. The Drew Shore looks great in person.

On edit I put in the redemption I got and realized I have 2 two year old redemptions outstanding. Guess I'll get replacements for those.

Danny LaFever fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 24, 2014

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I'll buy from UD this year is a SP Auth. rookie auto of Draisaitl and Nurse because I always buy the Oiler rookies from SPA. (I will never break it though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want to start a saving account for baby #2 (whose due any day) so if there is anything in this bucket any guy wants give me a pm or email at kehfee at gmail. I am fine with giving good deals or accepting decent offers on anything to avoid the hassle of Ebay all together (and to find a home with a goon collector)

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Kehfee/library/For%20Sale?sort=3&page=1

Like our gracious breaker Dark Wolf I'll also throw in singles (low end autos, jersey and young guns) of your fave teams or players if I have them.

• Locked thread