Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I am a big fan of contenders and the next break or two will feature at least some contenders. Probably all new stuff for a small like Contenders, SPX, BTP, Certified, something something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

I really like Contenders. The first case that was opened had TWO booklets and eight patches. Love the hard-signed autographs, and the only problem is a lack of cool inserts.

Which is odd because last year Contenders was all about cool inserts with leather larceny, great outdoors, against the glass and draft tandems :confused:

Oh and Rutkowski, that Fasth goaltender you have a :awesome: for will have rookie cards next year as he signed his first NHL contract and will no doubt be suiting up for a few games.

But..... he is a Duck :flaccid:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 22, 2012

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

^^^ What he said. Also Kemp might never sign. Some athletes are lazy or card companies use new sticker autos for new product instead of fulfilling the old product. Cash it out now and save the headache. Keep in mind that just because someone has a $60 BIN listed doesn't mean someone is willing to actually pay that. I'd tone down the expectations a little too.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp, bought my first box from my local guy in a few months last night, an SPX and also got a pack of Crown Royale. Hope my luck carries over into this weekend's breaks:

David Rundblad ice rookie
Cam Neely dual jersey
Teemu Hartikainen jersey
MAf/Staal dual jersey
Erik Gudbranson jersey auto
and Ryan Getzlaf shadowbox from SPX

Blake Geoffreon rookie silhouettes prime auto /99 from Crown.

It was a good night :) pics later.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Pics as promised.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

It was a pretty good Pinnacle case break :stare:

If anyone is interested in that RNH auto, I'll offer it to goons at $100 shipped. Otherwise I am tossing it on eBay.

I'm not moving the Crosby though. Ever.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Just finished up a rookie anthology break, and when you run good, you run good.

So... uh yeah...

I ran pretty good on randoms two losing only one of a crap ton.

Holy gently caress, how many teams did you have :stare:

I busted hard on rookie anth. First one I had the Yotes, was TOLD I had gotten a Rundblad rookie treasures and was happy, the video just got posted, not there :\ So I ended up with a handful of Pinnacle rookies and a Miele freshman sigs. Round 2 I got pick 5 so I waffled between Colorado and Detroit. Took Detroit for the 3x silhouettes (Smith, Nyqvist and Lidstrom). First box, first bonus pack Landeskog Ice Kings auto :suicide:. And also for some reason the Wings of all teams missed. I ended up with 3 Pinnacle rookies (one of each) and a Smith/someone else dual mem. So yeah, I had a bad one haha.

Also that Faulk auto is really nice ;)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Was in my first group break in a long time tonight. 8 box case of Titanium, ended up getting the Kings with pick 16. It was going very badly until the last box, hit a Bernie Nichols six star memorabilia /25. I told Mike to try to sell it while he is at the national. If he doesn't sell it, I will post an image of it when I get it.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

zifflol posted:

So I picked up a certified blaster the other day on a whim and got a pretty nice pull. 16/25

And then today got a box of titanium and got this little gem.

Anyone have a beckett subscription can tell me what to put it on ebay for? there was one exactly like it for 180 USD but I don't know if he'll get it. I figure $150 is reasonable

I see you have it up for 150 or best offer. Beckett guide is always way over real cash value. Your best bet is to search it on ebay, then filter it to completed listings and see what the most recent ones have been selling for. In the case of that card, you should expect to be able to get between $75 and $100.

It might sound a little low, but the market (and the Titanium set itself) is so inundated with RNH 'rookie' stuff the bottom is falling out a little on all but the top cards. For Titanium you can get RNH autos for Rookie Reserve, Titanium Reserve, Home,Away and Third jersey autos, Draft Day auto, New Wave auto, Quad Mem auto and rookie dual sigs. They just aren't all that hard to come by anymore so unless it is a really high demand subset it isn't going to command a huge price. I'd take the first 80ish offer that comes along if you are looking to move it.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 4, 2012

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

zifflol posted:

I saw C&C had it up for $180 so I figured $30 less would sell a bit quicker if someone was shopping around for it. I was hoping it would at least pay for the box it came in!

Yeah, retailers always price things higher, overhead and all. The most accurate way to get a reading on how a card is selling is looking at the ones that have recently sold. Does that mean you won't get someone to offer $120 for it? No, but why would I offer $120 for yours if I can win one for $85?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Mail day, got this in a Titanium break last week:

Bernie Nicholls 6 star mem /25. It is a stellar card. I am not a huge Kings fan, so it may end up going to ebay after I oogle it for a week or two.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 11, 2012

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hey guys, great news. I got a job offer yesterday and should be among the employed again soon. That means I will be able to afford hosting breaks again soon. Expect them to start up again ~mid Sept! :toot:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Rutkowski posted:

Gonna be a while before I can partake in another break, our economy is gonna be tight this semester and not only am I going to be forced to sell off some non-Yote cards(because I'm not getting rid of these Yotes) but we're gonna have live-ins for a while.

The good news is that they're finns and I've already asked; they love hockey. ^^

What happens when some rowdy and unkempt Finns move in with a nice neat Swede family? Sounds like a sitcom in the making to me. Save the hook for season 2 They are Red Wings fans

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nope, can't say I have one. Though you should be able to get one from ebay for like ~$10-12

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp, CNC had their case of each Cup tonight. 36 tins. $1000 per spot in that break. And the winner is... no one. Best hit was a Wayne Gretzky honorable numbers /99 patch auto. A $500 card. Other highlights include Jordan Eberle 1/1 plate auto, Eberle Signature patch, Eberle Limited Logos, Corey Perry Rookie patch auto, Vinny Lecavalier honorable numbers /4 Program of Excellence dual auto MAF/Lehnier.

And a bunch of other ~$300 cards. Howe, Lemieux, Crosby autos.

End of the day, a huge bust. Even the guy who gets 1st overall will be hard pressed to do much more than turn a profit. Welp, glad it was not my money.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

In a Titanium case break tonight over at http://www.blogtv.com/people/myfreeadvocate / http://mystlsportscards.com/

There is a mixed break posted as well, 6PM EST, come over and join up, he will give $5 off/spot if you're new :toot:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Post some stuff here for me to buy. I collect Coyotes :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

For anyone interested, the box breaking has resumed. Get in now, got some great deals up :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hmm, just contacted Panini about getting a several month old Kris Draper jersey auto from Certified /25 replaced. They have usually been pretty stellar about doing proper replacements. What did they replace it with?

Matt Read Contenders auto /800 :stare: I am pretty pissed. Gonna call and have a chat.

e: Update

So I called Customer Service and asked for Redemptions. The lady I got there was like 'Well, I understand your frustration but it is a random pull and actually we are replacing your card valued at $15 with a card valued at $25 (Read sells for $5 on ebay lol) so that is that.' I disagreed with the assessment of value and I was told too bad. I told her I'd rather wait another 6 months for the Draper than take something /800. She said too bad, you can't do that. I asked to talk to her supervisor, he is out of town. I ask if I can talk to a different supervisor, she says no. I get pissed, tell her I will be calling back on Monday about it. She says ok, bye.

So I stew for a few minutes and call back, ask for a CS supervisor instead. Get a lady on the phone, explain the situation. She again tells me that it is a random pull, they can't change it. I say ok, fine, I understand, but I am still not happy with it and would rather just wait for the other card. She says she can stop the package and do that if I want to. I tell her to do that, let her know that the lady over in redemptions told me I could NOT do that. She apologizes for that, says she will get on the line with the mail room and stop the package and put me back on the wait list for the Draper. I thank her, end of phone call. Before I finished typing this out, she had made the correction. Thank you Jessica in CS.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 17, 2012

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

Was perusing Target's clearance bin when I found four packs of 09-10 UD Series 1. They're $1.59 a pack, what the gently caress, why not?

Nothing spectacular, but I did wind up pulling a Tyler Myers Young Guns, so I guess I'm pretty okay with it.

No Flyers though. :(

I love finding goodies in the clearance sections. Always grab UDS1/2 packs when they are there, got some nice young guns out of them in the past (Doughty, Simmonds, Holtby) Tyler Myers is solid for the $6 investment.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Rutkowski posted:

Oh god drat I'd murder for that Phoenix card.

The jersey version is out of 150, you should be able to get it for $10-25. The patch version, that is the one you need to murder for :)

Also those ties cards are awesome, too bad they are all redemptions.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Yeah, they've said this is the case. How do you even store or protect that thing? 300 count box?

Probably just one of those little plastic clam cases that you get in essentially every ITG 1-pack product. It will be a lot easier to store than booklet cards. My OEL booklet is still naked... inside my locked card wall case :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

did the booklet one touch cases ever come out or are they just a myth at this point?

Myth, though I know someone custom makes them for about $30 each.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

They exist, I've used them before. 360pt one touch cases.

But do they display the booklet open?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hey, interested in the Doughty and Bernier Private Signings. What did you have in mind for them? I have a Kari Lehtonen Crown Royale Premier Dates signings /99 you might be interested in as well.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Listed a few cards on ebay as BINOBO, inside scoop here if you want to buy them:

RNH Freshman Fabrics Auto from certified /499, listed for $110, will take $100 Sold $100
Vincent Lecavalier Emerald auto /5, listed for $40, will take $25
Leafs Pinnacle Starting 6 patches /10, listed for $100, will take $65 Sold $75 that didn't take long.

Also looking to sell off other significant chunks, my have list is over here:

http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46609

See something you like, just ask or make an offer. Not on there: Daniel Sedin Banner Season Auto /25 and Tim Thomas Crease Cleaners auto /49, both from Limited Ryan Miller All Decade Team auto /50 from Dominion.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 29, 2012

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Well, got in a break tonight, double up, 5 boxes Ultimate, 1 Contenders, 1 Certified, 1 Titanium. I got pick 3 and pick 27. Oilers and Pens went 1,2, so while I was waffling over Flyers or Rangers. someone offered me picks 8 and 24 for the 3. I took it, he took Flyers. Rangers went 6. I got Leafs at 8, Coyotes at 24 and Wild at 27. Should have taken Flames but w/e.

Thought I made a mistake when the Contenders box yielded a Pronger NHL Ink short print. But last pack of Titanium had a true rookie, to /21. Andy Miele :) Break made. The Jake Gardiner Ultimate Rookies auto /99. Or the Matt Frattin rookie jersey. It was a good break. Oh and the guy that traded for the Flyers also got a Bobby Clarke 97 Legends auto. We both win :) I hope Prime goes this well on Friday.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Where are you in Prime breaks? If paypal payments clear in time I might join you.

http://stlsportscards.ecrater.com/c/1449591/group-breaks

I am pretty sure he only has a handful of spots left too. 28 people, last 2 teams are randomed off among the people who signed up for the break before he goes live on Friday night.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

News: Prime is disgustingly amazing

Views: Yeah, seriously.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

A prime break would be 15 spots and about $110 per spot. We'd never fill it lol.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Oh, Mike just posted a great break. A Prime case at $64/spot and a Titanium 8boxer for $34/spot. Or you can buy the special deal like I did and get 2 spots in each for $185. Plus if you are new you get $5 off. http://mystlsportscards.com/

I don't use his ecrater though, I just use paypal, makes things easier imo.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Well the first Prime + Friends break went pretty well. Landeskog FW auto redemption. "AVS" triple jersey. Duchene namesakes autoed letter.

Patrick Roy 1/1 auto.

Usual stuff.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I am literally making GBS threads rainbows.

I wonder what I can get for it. $500? $800?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Anything good?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I wanted to post today and brag about my awesome Patrick Roy 1/1 auto. I wanted to give you scans of a really cool, expensive collectable that I was lucky enough to pull. But I am not able to post that today. Here is why:

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/TaSZj :nws:

I bet you all can guess who I am not giving any more of my money to.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Wow, that's terrible..... I can say they won't be getting any more of my break business because of that either. Send them off an email and give them poo poo.

If you can, send an email to Tracy at Panini, he's done some pretty good stuff for me in the past.

I am in touch with this particular breaking group. I was essentially told they have seen over 100 cards come out of Prime just like this and that it is a known problem, sorry.

For posterity, I paid them almost an extra $20 shipping to get that card sent to me in a 1 touch loader. Instead I got it shipped to me (expedited!) inside of a ITG style jewel case, you know, the kind of cases that the cards rattle around in. Thanks.

Also, do you have Hackler's email?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I see a Wolves jersey there for $150... Do you like Jacob Reilly? I dont know who that is. But he is/was a goalie I think. Look at all those puck marks.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Put a photobucket together of my David Rundblad collection. It grows day by day https://www.photobucket.com/shifterdarkwolf

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Dominion Rundblad RPA /5 for $31? Someone must have been asleep at the switch, but i will take it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

That's a nice card. What's the patch look like?

Nothing special, probably why it went cheap. 2 clr black and white piping. I'll still take it, a 1clr patch /5 shouldnt have gone for that. It was cheaper than most of the /199 versions heh.

• Locked thread