Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Hey guys, just an update. The bulk of the boxes in the break arrive tomorrow :toot: . I just got a shipping notice today for the 2 boxes of S1 that releases tomorrow. What does that mean? Judging by the shipping time from the earlier boxes, the S1 is due to arrive here on Saturday. The question is, will UPS deliver them Saturday. I think so, but if they do not, I will host a supplementary break Monday evening at 7PST for those 2 boxes. If it comes to that, we will be using the same teams we pick on Saturday, no redrafting. Should only take about 20 mins tops.

That being said, I am counting on having them Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Dark did you get my payment? :)

Yup, got it some time ago and marked you down. I will be sure to add that Tavares into your package :P

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Use it well. Magic playing friends were PISSED. "You traded it for what?!?!"

Well, you sold it for $55 plus a Tavares patch/auto, I think it was a fair deal.

I am probably going throw it into an EDH deck for a few years and revisit it then, see if Wizards jumps the shark with reprints by then.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Bad news guys, according to the UPS tracking, the S1 will not arrive until Monday. All that changes is that we will have a short, supplementary break on Monday at 7PST to do those 2 boxes. We will be retaining the same teams, so when you draft Saturday, draft with the S1 in mind as well. I will post a list/photos of all the hits from those 2 boxes here for anyone who is unable to make it Monday night. Sorry that it happened this way, I was really hoping to have everything for this weekend :(

We're still going to kill it this break, we have a lot to live up to after the last one (Hall /25, Tavares /25, Gal 1/1 :toot: ) but I think we can outdo it :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

In other card news, the bulk of this weekend's break came today safe and sound. Now if you will excuse me, I have a box of DC Women to open :D

e: No real* costume cards and a 1/1 sketch of Bleez. Not my favorite character, but I'll take it.

*totally fake

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 5, 2015

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Tonight is the night, 7PM PST, https://breakers.tv/darkwolf220 . See you all there.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

:siren: I hosed up :siren:

Monday's supplementary break will be at 6 PM PST. I have prior commitments I forgot about until right now. So yeah, 6.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Just got the box with the S1 in it. This is the :siren: 2 hour warning :siren: . 6PM PST. I hope I am not breaking to an empty room :p

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Regardless of the crowd, I will post a list of all the hits from the 2 boxes on the thread within 24 hrs.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Appreciated for those of us who got forgot. Not that I have huge expectations, but I do expect you to pull 4 McDavids.

No McDavid or Domi, but you did get a Panarin :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Series 1 breakdown:

UD Game Jersey:
Drew Doughty
Nikolas Backstrom (Caps)

UD Canvas:
2x Zemgus Girgensons
2x Corey Crawford
Corey Schnider
Jordan Eberle
Ondrej Pavelec
Claude Giroux

UD Portraits:
Tyler Johnson
Ryan Hartman
Jordan Eberle
Jaromir Jagr
John Tavares
Phil Esposito (Boston)
Jakub Vorchek
Max Pacioretty

Shining Stars:
Henrik Zetterberg
Tyler Seguin
Patrice Bergeron
Steven Stamkos (blue)
Marian Hossa
Henrik Zetterberg (blue)
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin

Young Guns:
Daniel Sprong
Nick Cousins
Artemi Panarin
Antoine Bibeau
Jean-Francois Berube
Malcom Subban
Josh Anderson
Joonas Donskoi
Mattias Janmark
Sergei Plotnikov
Shane Prince
Matt Puempel

I will work to get everything sorted and mailed out this week. It is supposed to storm like crazy here all week, so I may wait for my best opening to get there as it is 9 blocks away, I walk and I don't want the packages to get wet. Thanks again, everyone.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

^^ Will do :) If any one you guys want to take up the mantle and try to keep these going, PM me and I will give you whatever info I can.

Break facts:

Only one team completely whiffed: The New York Rangers. Good thing the Jets came through strong.

Everyone in the break got an auto or jersey card, not including my giveaway cards.

The best late pick was certainly Columbus, who never disappoints with their quantity.

Another quantity hog, Minnesota, was surprisingly quiet. Enjoy your Dany Heatly.

Liam Stewart is really Rod Stewart's son. I thought you guys were loving with me. Surmy won that one by the way.

Greg McKegg is our lord and savior.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

gently caress Pavalec, that Petan patch is pretty baller. Sometimes you only need one card to make a break.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

All cards mailed out today except Krigen's. I'll put your cards in the box (safely) when/if we figure out if we are sending each other food packages :P

Thanks again everyone, let me know when they get there safe :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Glad everything is starting to trickle in.

Krigen, mailed your cards today, that should be everything.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Depends on price point.
CloutsNChara is a pretty big breaker (if you can get over the dudes voice and how quick he moves)
MySTLSportscards is a great dude, and genuinely loves breaking cards. Super friendly community. A bunch of us used to break with him, and i still pop in occasionally. Those are the two i would recommend.

The former will have everything you want in just about any breaking format but is less personable. The latter is much more personable and a great guy, but usually has a much more limited selection and (what killed it for me) operates almost entirely on a team random system. The teams are randomized and the names are randomized and you get whatever team is next to your name. It is faster and benefits people who don't know much/care about hockey or a particular team, but it is very hard to trade for a team you want.

As far as price point, that is where it will hurt. Breaks usually run between $50 and $100, not unlike mine. The biggest difference is that you get 1 team, not 2. They usually run at 28 spots and the last 2 teams are randomly given away. I understand why they do it like that, they are businesses and have to make money. I was lucky/happy if I came out with +$5 after shipping :haw: but I was not doing it as my livelihood, I just liked opening cards. So yeah, in a way, the cost is 100% the same and also at the same time, double. It just depends on how much you value the second team. Also keep in mind that the odds are out of 28, not 15, so your chance of first overall with them is 1/28 instead of 1/15. And if you buy 2 spots, you have just as good a chance of getting picks 1 and 2 as you are of getting picks 27 and 28. I'm not trying to shy you away from either, I have broken with both and gotten some monster hits out of both (Patrick Roy 1/1 auto from CnC, Brett Hull auto SP from STL) but the risk is there. Also, they (especially CnC) typically have super high end product (Cup, NT etc) if that is your thing. Again, high risk, high reward.

e: If you have 1 team you care about and nothing else, CnC often runs 'team select' breaks, with each team having a different price. So Los Angeles might cost $65 while Arizona is $20 and Edmonton is $135. It is very mathematical based on the number of hits each team has in the product, the quality of those hits and popularity of the team. For as much as I dislike the rigidness of the personalities and breaks, they are a first class operation and it is no surprise that they are the leaders in the industry. I strongly recommend this format, it takes some of the suspense of the drafting of teams out, but that isn't a bad thing for everyone. The worst part about these is that sometimes 3 or 5 teams near the end take forever to sell and you can be waiting around for it to fill for a while.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 15, 2015

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Who doesn't want a card with PK Subban shouting GOALLLLLL like a Mexican soccer announcer?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Looks like what ITG did for years, but don't expect this to be as nice as Superlative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Enjoy your $600+ card!

PS: Get that physical card request in ASAP and if they have an express/insured/whatever option, do it. Also if they have the option to send it straight to Beckett for grading, get it graded and slabbed.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 23, 2016

• Locked thread