Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I know it's a long shot, but if the title did remind me.

My biggest "White Whale" is an 07-08 Tyler Weiman Young Guns High Gloss /10. I've been able to find the regular YG, the Exclusives /100, and three of the four printing plates, and I'd love to find the HG.

x

It's also one of the few 1/1s I'm missing of this player.

Edit: Also, I like showing off my collection, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to see an almost complete set of a player no one knows, would anyone be interested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

ElwoodCuse posted:

Unknown players are the best players, it's one of the reasons I have all my game used Toby Petersen stuff. Post away.

Alrighty, I may as well thrown in why as well. :)

During the lockout of 04-05 Colorado was lucky enough to have two championship hockey teams, the Denver Pioneers in NCAA and the Colorado Eagles in the Central Hockey League. Weiman was the rookie goalie who backstopped them to the championship, leading the league in wins, shutouts, and a bunch of other stats. When he had his first rookie cards put out I attempted to collect them all.

Here're the bigger cards.

I'm only missing a few non 1/1s, I do have most of his base rookies and a smathering of plates and autos. I'm hoping to save up and buy one of his gamers from his time in the AHL.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I'd appreciate that. I've seen one on ebay and missed it, and a second on a trading site, but the member (who collects Rangers) won't respond.

Ah well. I'll slowly chip at it for years.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

It's okay guys, Between The Pipes is out now. Everything is better.

Also, does anyone make any custom cards like I do? I got this in recently:

I also plan on sending out this

(Design preview)

And this to Serj Tankian.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Boinks posted:

I thought about making custom cards recently. Do you still send them through the mail? And what do you print them on?

Yes, TTM, or Through The Mail is one way, another is In Person, although if it's across the country or world that's a little unlikely.

I've gotten Peter Stastny, Nail Yakupov, Curtis Joseph, Johnny Bower (One of the Best TTMers out there) and Tim Thomas from a previous set.

I used to get them printed out of state in a Texas based printing company that uses actual printing plates instead of ink and toner printing. It's a bit pricier, but the results are so worth it if you ask me.

I also made this with some home die cutting. It's currently at a contact's place in Dallas waiting to be signed.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Paul Coffey posted:

Sucks about the typo on the last one there. How come you make your own cards?

Yeah, I hate printing them out and seeing a typo. Bugs me to no end.

When I collect cards, the design of them really factors into it. This way, I can control the designs. I can get the same things I like, autograph, stick, jersey, patch, etc, into a design I like.

Plus I have a lot of free time since the Avs aren't in the playoffs.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

There's a whole Mini community out there of people who just design and make customs. A large majority will remain on the computer forever but everyy now and then some will make it out to be printed and assembled. Also it gives ideas for cards that haven't been made yet, either from the absurd (Game Used Ice trapped in a card) or the possible but not yet done (Say, a set for a team showcasing off each of the jerseys in it's history, home, away, alt, RBK home away alt,etc).

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

LumpyGumby posted:

I'm a huge Tyler Weiman Fan.

I'm only missing a few non 1/1s, I do have most of his base rookies and a smathering of plates and autos. I'm hoping to save up and buy one of his gamers from his time in the AHL.

Well, it wasn't an AHL jersey but it's close enough.

The best part? With the Meigray summer sale, it was cheaper than an authentic jersey from NHL.com.

I'm so happy. :3:
Edit: I can make my own shield cards now!

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Been doing the 05-06 SP Game Used Patch set for a while now, just got these in.

So I've got 71 of the 98 released, here's a map.

If anyone has any please let me know, willing to spend a bit.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

darkwolf220 posted:

I have always wanted to try to get Evander Kane to sign a picture of him KOing Cookie for me, but now that he has hosed off to Winnipegistan,that dream is moot.

I'll sign it for him. Probably could get the dog to sign too.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I spent more on Tyler Weiman's 07-08 Cup rookie black 1/1 than I did on his actual GU jersey. I'm ashamed to say how much.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Gunjin posted:

Panini and UD are it for officially licensed product, there is also a company called In The Game (ITG) that makes cards, but not licensed with the NHLPA (it does have a license for team Canada though)

Actually, they lost the Team Canada license almost last year. They awarded it to UD now, which is why you've probably noticed an uptick in Team Canada stuff from UD.
Example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretz...=item3f203752f8

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I'm interested in the Landy auto, got a scan or price?

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I posted this in the N/V area but it might be more apt here;

:siren: ATTN DALLAS AREA GOONS :siren:

If there are any Dallas area goons able to go to the Dallas practice and get some custom cards signed for me, I would consider it a huge favor. I'd send the cards along with compensation for the help. Its three players, Morrow, Lehtonen, and Eriksson. If anyone can help please respond. I had someone lined up but the lockout borked things up.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Here's the Morrow I plan on sending, yes a die cut.

Sorry if its huge, posting this from my phone.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Anyone named John here interested in some Nail Yahupov custom cards? I sent him some TTMs and he sent back all four with"To: John (autograph)" so I figure I can give some away.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Ashekaban posted:

nope, but i would love one for a friend!

Groovy, send your address to rvbrnm@yahoo.com

Also, if anyone else is interested, I have a few more to give away.

Two CuJos
Three Andersons
One More Yakupov
And three more Bowers.

Stastny kept the other three I sent, and due to a Printing error only two of Chelios' were printed, one he kept.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I did miss that, send me your address via the email I posted up earlier.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Schremp Howard posted:

Those are some top-notch designs. Do you tell the player you made them yourself and offer them to him?

Thanks for the kind words. I include a letter with the customs, saying I designed and made them. I usually have four, and say they can keep some.

Varlamov actually kept two and sent the other two back unsigned. :argh:

Darkwolf, shoot me your addy via email.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Curse my broke rear end, otherwise I'd be all over this break. I love pre lockout stuff.

Billlllsss! :argh:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Battle Cattle posted:

Weird question.

Back in the 90s my dad bought a Florida Panthers goalie stick, unused and signed by the entire 1993 inaugural team. Vanbiesbrouck, Niedermayer, Mellanby etc. It's mounted and behind Lucite, and has certificates and whatnot.

It's really, really hard to find out how much something like that is worth. Does anyone have a suggestion or ballpark or lie to make me feel good?

Sticks surprisingly go for not as much as you'd think. I have a Sakic stick that was used in the 95-96 Cup Finals that's auto'd, and I only paid 300 for it. Given at the time the seller didn't know it was used in the Finals but still. I'd say hope for the best but prepare to be let down a little. Sorry.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

:staredog: Both of my game used jerseys and both GU sticks combined didn't cost that much.
The amount of dedication to collectiong Lehtonen is impressive/disturbing.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

So I'm down to the last 20 of the 05-06 SP Game Used patch set, assuming my Chara comes in.

Here are the last ones I need, so if anyone sees them or has them let me know and we can make a deal.

Yashin
Shanahan
Neely
Demitra
Belfour
Hossa
Hunter
Zetterberg
Cheechoo
Thornton
Lehtonen
Naslund
Parrish
Lidstrom
Elias
Smyth
Ryder
Koivu
Poti
Vokoun.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

darkwolf220 posted:

I have found 2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-PARRIS...=item257fd90b0b

Mark Parrish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-SP-Ga...=item485c67b5a5

Marian Hossa

Neither are particularly exciting patches, but it is a checkmark on the list. I also see a Saku Koivu listed but the want like $50 :(

I saw those, and I'm trying to do the set with just two colored patched or more, which does make it more dificult, but I may give up on that just to put the set to bed.

Also, that Koivu. :psyduck: I think the three color Gretzky cost that much.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

It's not a card precisely, but it'll do just fine for me.

Uwe Krupp game used/auto'd stick. Not precisely sure what year/date, but I do know it was from his time with the Avs.

In case you're not sure who Krupper is, here's a handy video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeFBw1cM0aw
Not sure why I can't link straight to the time, but go to 4:45.

This is my third game used stick, my first a Chris Gratton, the second a Joe Sakic. The Sakic was used in the 96 Cup Finals, who knows? Maybe the Krupp was too? A bit unlikely, but I may never know since no good photos exist from almost 20 years ago.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Oh my God.
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

I think I landed my whale. My six year whale.

I haven't received it yet but it will be on its way soon. Yyeeeeeesssss

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Here's a hint; I posted about it on the first page of this thread.

07-08 Tyler Weiman YG HG /10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Its heeeeeereeee! Its here its here its here

http://imgur.com/86oj4Jb
I'm linking it because I can't edit the size on my phone, for some reason.

Its the high gloss in the middle top row. Now all I need is the red plate /2 and I'm set.

• Locked thread