Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Different sport but perhaps you guys saw about that Andrew Luck 1/1 that sold for $41,000 on ebay? Surprise, the buyer said "his kids did it" and isn't paying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

ITG had manufactured patch cards as the base cards in one of the more recent Ultimate Memorabilia sets too. They did look neat but the idea of them kinda bugged me. I like Panini's manufactured patches better, where they made scaled down replicas of team specialty patches like anniversary seasons or whatever.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

They can, but it depends on so many things. I got my Biznasty redemption fairly fast.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

anotherblownsave posted:

Yeah, I'm not that into collecting him haha I'll leave that to the 'yotes fans. I'd just try to find some base.

He has some base cards in those giant 500-card cheapy sets.

I paid like $15 for his twittergraph.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Also Biznasty has autos in Crown Royale and I think in Contenders booklets haha. Yeah, of the 2 Coyotes to sign the booklet it is Shane Doan and Keith Yandle Mike Smith Oliver Ekman-Larsson Radim Vrbata Ray Whitney Paul Bissonette :stare:

His signature is pretty bad, too. Understandable for a dude with a long name but it's a really poor PB. It was worth it to get block-letter on-card printing of @BizNasty2point0

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Ahahaha a one-game wonder auto set? That rules. Mr. Deutsch has a really nice signature too, he must have been thrilled someone wanted it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Nope, I get all my product from online distributors. Also hahaahahaahha golf. Can we interest you in some pro bull riding cards?

Check out what the auto or 2001-ish Tiger Woods stuff goes for, especially if it's graded. And that's only going to go back up now that he doesn't suck. The Phil Mickelson stuff is nothing to sneeze at either.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Lots of cool stuff. I want to say I have that exact same Ty Rattie card, looks familiar.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What's the weirdest Morozov thing you have? For example, I have Toby Petersen's Iowa Stars socks.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

sba do you want a Morozov Straka Boughner Beranek Pacific heads up quad jersey?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I wonder who signed that card first :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What do you mean "used to" collect Lego? I have three modular buildings, the VW Camper, I'm going to the Lego store to get the BTTF set this weekend...

Also buying those minifigs for $3 is just as bad as buying packs of cards :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Antifreeze Head posted:

That thread Ash linked about the Hitler cut auto is outright amazing:

Oh my god there are so many disgusting people in there.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Wow I didn't know the Costaco Brothers ever bothered to make a hockey poster

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Lots of people waiting for Patrick Roy outside the hotel today. Is he good in person?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

sba you need a red Cody Hodgson Prizm?

I also got a Justin DiBenedetto auto and Filip Forsberg rookie in the blaster

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Molson just started a promotion to have each NHL team to be featured on each bottle, something worth more to me than the 5cent deposit! First bottle: Pittsburgh Penguins!

Labatt Blue is going to have cans featuring each of the US Olympic team jerseys from the past whatever teams. I think 60, 80, 02, 10, and this year.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I got a Barkov jumbo and a /10 of some dude on the Hamilton Bulldogs

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Had to dig it out because I forgot his name. Greg Pateryn

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

^^ Oh, well, you got you $20 back I think.

I looked him up on ebay to check and he signs his cards "GPat" :laugh:

No one wants his /299 for $5, is the /10 realistic for $20?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Canada is a better team, losing to them 1-0 isn't choking

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

gently caress Upper Deck, I hope they go out of business and the league comes crawling back to Panini and ITG

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Got this on ebay

A common filler insert from a decade-plus old set? To the untrained eye, yes. I have a pile of them myself. BUT: The signature is a variant. I've never seen Toby Petersen sign his middle initial on anything.

He's on Twitter but posts like every couple of months if that, I would love to know the story behind this.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Whatever you do, do not let a place like Michael's frame it. They're cheap because they're bad.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Wow, how was I unaware of the Greg Wyshinski fans of of the game autograph insert card?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Panini has been tweeting pictures of patch cards from Prime today. They're huge! Are they legit game-worn patches or did they just cut up replica or photoshoot jerseys?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Surmy posted:

If it's rookie, generally its photoshoot jerseys.

No, there's like, a Teemu Goals for Kids patch, a Gordie Howe Pucky patch, a Mario Lemieux All-Star Penguins logo, it's nuts.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Oh and a Howe/Messier/Lemiuex triple :stare:

Panini pulled one of those during one of the QA test breaks, simply awesome

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Panini is what, blowing through their memorabilia stock because of the UD license poo poo? They aren't going to do a head shot product like In The Game has for a while?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

sba posted:

Happy National Treasures day!!

Haha check out the price of any Avalanche break for this set. No wonder, since it's packed with crazy MacKinnon stuff.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

News: Krigen is the best.

Views:

No Ovechkin Mr Big Deal bar? smdh

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

How do the Sabres do game-worn stuff? Seems like you might as well go right to the source :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/dave-adams-employees-plead-guilty-1-3-million-theft/

:stare:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Baseball, but a guy bought a Honus Wagner reprint on eBay for $177 and thinks it's worth millions. The item description says REPRINT

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Sparks-man-wins-online-auction-for-rare/UxWIgeNLmkGcbE2BOe6o5Q.cspx

I'd watch Pawn Stars again to see him. He doesn't actually know yet.

ElwoodCuse fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 16, 2014

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

It said right in the auction it was a reprint.

I mean it seems people want a good luck story but this guy has no clue about vintage and there is no way you could open that package and tell right away if it was the real thing.

Put it this way. If you were selling don't you think maybe you'd get it graded. Absolute no brainer.

Blowout Cards is on the case, he's not naive he's just trying to run a scam himself.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/775002-honus-wagner-t206-sold-ebay-170-a.html

Also the local news guy who reported the story had a meltdown on twitter when everyone pointed out to him what a load of poo poo this all was and it could have been disproven in like 5 minutes of research.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Did some searching. That Magic Lotus card has 1100 copies but sold for $27,000 at auction? Can someone explain the supply/demand thing to me for this? I didn't even know there was still a big market for Magic cards at all. I knew people still played it but my local hobby store just has bins and bins full of cards that cost a couple bucks, tops.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Krigen posted:

Kinda silly to talk about how a piece of cardboard is/isn't worth X dollars on the secondary market in this thread of all places. It's stupidly rare and incredibly useful to players, who would probably never sell theirs if they came across one, thus it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. :)

I never said it wasn't, I just didn't have a context for it because I don't know MTG. I'd understand instantly if it said "Wayne Gretzky rookie card sells for $27,000".

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Surmy posted:

I can't even comprehend trying to sort this with my collection. I'd have to do significant mem(good prime or patch only) and up otherwise there's be so many base jerseys :\

Whatever stuff my brother and I have, there's like 10 times of it at our parents house. My dad's the guy who goes through the bins at shows and gets the 6 cards for $20 or whatever because oh this is a cool color, or this prospect guy played in Wilkes-Barre once, etc.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What's the deal, it's like Skylanders only with Nintendo people? And some of them are hard to find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

SP Game Used seems to always be overpriced, and flooded with white jersey pieces from bottom 6 guys

• Locked thread