Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

has Amazon US/rest of world shipped out anything? reading the forums and reddit, i get the impression none of their preorders panned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The Zotac preorder salt on reddit is loving awesome haha

quote:

Amazon: "but zotac, what about all the customers who would be disappointed if we cancel these orders?

Zotac: "gently caress the customers"

quote:

I bet if zotac had seen all the goodwill towards their brand and image this thread was generating, they would have bent over backwards to fill those amazon orders.

You had one job, zotac.... I trusted you

quote:

Zotac back to being trash tier. GG.

quote:

apology for bad english

where wer u wen Zotac die

i was at house eating dorito when phone ring

friend "Zotac is kil"

me "no"

The last one is a joke I'm sure but I laughed

Taima fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 19, 2020

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My preordered Ventus from Amazon is miraculously surviving.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

hatty posted:

My preordered Ventus from Amazon is miraculously surviving.

Has yours been updated with a date yet? Mine is still at "order received."

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah just "Order Received." Kinda want them to cancel it and get it done with so I can lose hope and accept oblivion.

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk
For reference here's what is probably an Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC installed in a Meshify C (not mine, source https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ivg6i7/my_new_3080_barely_fits_in_my_meshify_c/):

jkyuusai fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 19, 2020

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
When did you make the preorders guys?

I've had my Ventus order since the 9th and it says:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

jkyuusai posted:

For reference here's what is probably an Asus 3080 Gaming OC installed in a Meshify C (not mine, source https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ivg6i7/my_new_3080_barely_fits_in_my_meshify_c/):

It says Gigabyte on the GPU, friend.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Taima posted:

When did you make the preorders guys?

I've had my Ventus order since the 9th and it says:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

Ordered on the 9th and it says the same thing.

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

Regrettable posted:

It says Gigabyte on the GPU, friend.

Yep. I'm on a week of sitting in smoke all day from the fires. It's starting to affect my brain.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the 9th at 4:30PM Central. I ordered the Trio at the same time but that got unceremoniously canceled like the Zotac

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

jkyuusai posted:

For reference here's what is probably an Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC installed in a Meshify C (not mine, source https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ivg6i7/my_new_3080_barely_fits_in_my_meshify_c/):

What an ugly color combination.

DarkestLite
Feb 27, 2007

"Can we fix it?"
"No, it's fucked."

teagone posted:

What an ugly color combination.

They're just a Ducks fan.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

That's a lot of heatsink. It's just unfortunate Meshify C is bad for airflow. The front panel intake's filter is so dense, temps drop a bunch if you take it off. It's a lot of pressure to demand of case fans hopefully running relatively slow and low. Glad to not have to use it anymore.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Pivo posted:

That's a lot of heatsink. It's just unfortunate Meshify C is bad for airflow. The front panel intake's filter is so dense, temps drop a bunch if you take it off. It's a lot of pressure to demand of case fans hopefully running relatively slow and low. Glad to not have to use it anymore.

Hm, I've been rolling with a Meshify C for a while now and I've had generally good experiences with temperatures using air cooling. It's definitely not perfect, especially that you need to remove the drive bay in order to fit a third intake fan. It looks like i'll probably need to reposition my fans when I finally get my hands on the 3080.

mA fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 19, 2020

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

mA posted:

Hm, I've been rolling with a Meshify C now and I've had generally good experiences, although it's definitely not perfect, especially that you need to remove the drive bay in order to fit a third intake fan. It looks like i'll probably need to reposition my fans when I finally get my hands on the 3080.

I believe clearance with a regular fan up front is stated to be 305mm, so there's at least a card or three (including the FE at 285mm) that will fit without doing a fan dance. But yeah, it is something to be mindful of.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Clearance on the Define/Meshify C is 315mm with the front fan installed

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

jkyuusai posted:

If you think about it, the bottom fan is a built in sag bracket. :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

:hmmyes:

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

mA posted:

Hm, I've been rolling with a Meshify C for a while now and I've had generally good experiences with temperatures using air cooling.

If you look up the charts it does perform well, but nowhere near as well as others. Considering it's supposed to be this high-airflow case, it placing middle of the pack isn't great.

My situation was for an AIO & air GPU though. I figured having the big triple intake with a mesh front would mean I could get some nice front to back airflow while top exhaust pushes through 240mm rad. It worked, and it was /okay/, but my load GPU temps fell by I poo poo you not 8+ degrees if I just took off the front mesh. That thing is so restrictive. You expect the Meshify C, where the point of the thing is that front mesh... you know?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

jkyuusai posted:

Looks a lot like my Gigabyte 2070 Super - I looked it up and the 3080 is like 2cm longer than my 2070S.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8-bit Miniboss posted:

added value

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Pivo posted:

If you look up the charts it does perform well, but nowhere near as well as others. Considering it's supposed to be this high-airflow case, it placing middle of the pack isn't great.

My situation was for an AIO & air GPU though. I figured having the big triple intake with a mesh front would mean I could get some nice front to back airflow while top exhaust pushes through 240mm rad. It worked, and it was /okay/, but my load GPU temps fell by I poo poo you not 8+ degrees if I just took off the front mesh. That thing is so restrictive. You expect the Meshify C, where the point of the thing is that front mesh... you know?

Do you mean the front mesh or the air filter foam thing behind it?

The air filter is dumb but you can just, like, take it out.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

sean10mm posted:

The air filter is dumb but you can just, like, take it out.

Sure, rip off the filter that's glued to the inside of your front panel, now it's loud and sucks in dust. Other high airflow cases keep the noise down while maintaining good airflow while blocking dust. That's the point!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Meshify C is a great case, it is hardly "bad for airflow" cmon. Thats easily debunkable with GN's fan normalized testing which has it in the top 6 with it's standardized fan config for CPU temps. Beyond that, it is one of the most easy to recommend cases for regular human beings I've ever come into contact with for a lot of reasons.

If you are absolutely airflow focused (which in the modern era, you kinda shouldnt be... frankly overclocking is dead, the gains suck rear end for everything modern, lots of good cases are quiet as hell regardless, and world records are only for the LN2 boyz), then sure. You are better off running a test bench or something. But for human beings, it is up there with the Phanteks P500A, Be Quiet 500DX, O11, NZXT H710, etc for me in the full on That Case Is Rad You Will Like It territory for normal use.

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTP5y2qW9s&t=1335s

Cygni fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 19, 2020

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Yes in that graph it is beaten by literally "the other good airflow cases". And it's not being tested with the top choked by a rad which is where you need that front intake the most.

If you're going to say "just listen to Steve, Steve is god", look at his S2 Meshify review. He praises Fractal Design for fixing specifically the thing I'm talking about - the density of the foam filter on the back of the front panel.

Oh yeah, there you go. S2 Meshify. Another case, in addition to those 6, that's better than Meshify C.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKVVtirNM8

TL;DR: PCIe 4.0 is for rich nerds who want 1% gains in FPS

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Meshify C's main appeal is being an airflow case that isn't a windowed RGB :catdrugs: disco ball, not that its absolute performance is literally the best.

Even people who like it mostly think it has too few fans stock, which is the main issue GN had. Its CPU cooling shot to the top the second they gave it 2x140 front instead of stock 1x120, which is kind of a silly setup. The GPU cooling was middle of the pack but GN positioned the fans kind of dumb if GPU cooling was the goal.

That said I can't get big mad about what cases people do or don't like.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I have a bit of a "nice problem to have", GPU Megathread.

As of this morning I suddenly find myself in use of a 32-inch monitor that runs at 3440x1440 60hz.

Prior to this I was only using an 18.5-inch that ran at 1366x768, and then I was using Radeon's VSR to get it to go to 1080p.

I was planning on upgrading from my RX 580, into getting an RTX 2060 this November (or idk maybe a 3060 if it's in the same price range and we actually have stock here in the Philippines by then) because I didn't really need any more horsepower than that, but with this monitor I don't know what's what anymore.

Should I set my sights a little higher?

I did look at the big ol' chart that TechPowerUp made

And it looks like a 2060 is still good enough to max-out a 60hz monitor at 1440p

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How much will my i7-8700k hold me back with a 3080? 10%?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Gabriel S. posted:

How much will my i7-8700k hold me back with a 3080? 10%?

as currently measured: probably 10% in RTX scenarios (RTX works the CPU harder) assuming you have a reasonably high overclock (4.7-5 GHz). Less than that in non-RTX scenarios.

8700K stock clocks are very low though and you should delid that poo poo and overclock asap if you haven't

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

SLI is capital D Dead, game Dev support only

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Someone had to shoot it eventually.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Yeah I like the meshify mainly because its not giant But still takes regular components. I considered replacing mine with The lian li 2 mesh and it seemed so much bigger In person even though it probably isn’t that much bigger. I don’t want a giant case that dominates my life.

The challenge will be finding a 3080 that can fit into it, but the case does still have a lot of merits.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Looks like my brother was able to get a Zotac 3080 by ordering it from Amazon.de lmao. Got it for $738 shipped, but said he has to pay import tax. He's debating if he's going to keep it or flip it right now.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

teagone posted:

Looks like my brother was able to get a Zotac 3080 by ordering it from Amazon.de lmao. Got it for $738 shipped, but said he has to pay import tax. He's debating if he's going to keep it or flip it right now.

I cancelled my amazon.de order because apparently you lose the warranty if you don't buy it in your country/region. https://www.zotac.com/us/faq/if-i-purchase-zotac-product-another-countryregion-will-it-have-warranty-where-i-reside This link might not work presently I heard zotac is selling cards at 12 pdt and so their site is presently having issues.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol this is good.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Bah the big stores in Belgium added like €80 on top of all prices since a few days ago :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
AirRaid's cable management is violence