Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
You guys are selling 4GB 760s for $200 shipped? drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
So for anyone caring about the r9 290x it seems(unsurprisingly) Tomshardware found the build quality and application of too much cheap thermal paste is adding to the woeful cooling performance of the stock cooler, with the surface finish of the cooler on the card they too apart looking like Something a hackjob would do and the thermal paste paste being cheap and there being too much of it, "The Hawaii GPU and the heat sink covering by a too-thick layer of thermal grease, resulting in less-than-efficient heat transfer. "

Changing the thermal paste to a higher quality saw the 290x coming close to the 780ti in fps but falling off after the first run Link to chart here

So this is just another thing making me wait and see how much extra performance this chip can get with aftermarket cooling + a better power delivery on an aftermarket board before I can get a card again (as the last 2 290x's i had i RM'ed for coil whine)

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Most thermal paste is pretty terrible - I redid mine and noticed a 2-3c difference.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

veedubfreak posted:

So I checked my credit card balance this morning. Sigh....4075 bucks. I gotta start selling some poo poo to recoup expenses.

3 new Dell 27" monitors
1 Amd 290x (being returned)
2 290s
2 waterblocks
+ all my standard spending.

If I had a wife she'd be pissed off right about now.

At least you lucked out on the XFX's unlocking! :shobon:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Ghostpilot posted:

At least you lucked out on the XFX's unlocking! :shobon:

Oh, wow, so he's got two essential 290Xs on water? Very nice, congratulations!

http://www.techpowerup.com/194777/asus-announces-the-rog-mars-760-dual-gpu-graphics-card.html It's happeningggggggggg :psyduck:

e: Not being familiar with dual-card designs, does the arrangement of the VRAM look good or could it be better?

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 19, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

http://www.techpowerup.com/194777/asus-announces-the-rog-mars-760-dual-gpu-graphics-card.html It's happeningggggggggg :psyduck:

e: does the arrangement of the VRAM look good or could it be better?

And Agreed's Ti hasn't even arrived yet. :aaa:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

e: does the arrangement of the VRAM look good or could it be better?

I have exactly that. I unlocked them last night.

Now I just need to figure out how to adjust voltage on the ASUS tweak thingy. I tried going straight to my old 290 overclock and immediately crashed the machine because I didn't have enough voltage. Woops.

Whats really funny though, when I installed the waterblocks, I got a good chuckle out of how there is 1337 etched on the chip. And apparently that 1337 etch is the winning mark for unlocking.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Mine will be arriving today, so this afternoon I'll see if I'm "1337" or not. :pray: I sure hope everything goes smoothly!

Edit: vvv :getin:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 19, 2013

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
All y'alls make me want to spend money I don't have to do The Mod to my (formerly Agreed's) 680, along with swapping in a slim BR drive so the second radiator would fit. The reference cooler is far and away the loudest thing in this Prodigy.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Ghostpilot posted:

And Agreed's Ti hasn't even arrived yet. :aaa:

Yeah, why the hell am I the face of this crap, I didn't just spend $4K to play games at higher than 4K c'mon guys quit teasing me :qq:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh holy crap. The Mod! I want to do this now. Tripple H100s in my system. :allears:

Already spent close to $1k on various upgrades over the last week, making me Agreed Jr. I guess. I have a bunch of unused 5 1/4 bays I could probably mount those too as well. This. loving. Thread :keke:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Man EVGA get your poo poo together and ship this puppy, I don't want to have to be on a 650Ti for more than like a day, tops, 30% of the performance of a 780? Pffft what am I gonna do, play browser tower defense games? (yes) (also after the 780Ti comes in, have y'all HEARD of Gemcraft Labyrinth? That poo poo is off the chain)

I'd like to note that the only reason this is an outrageous expenditure at all is because I'm doing it twice, but that I recouped about 2/3rds of what I paid for the 780 and that knocks the 780Ti down to under $300 out of pocket, and also G-Sync is seriously gonna rule

:kiddo:

veedubfreak, man, are you making GBS threads me that the ones that unlock actually have 1337 imprinted on them? Haha, if that's true I don't even know what to think anymore. Also, can you confirm or deny that any of your reference coolers were blemished and scored to poo poo from the factory like the ones that tomshardware wrote about? That was pretty outrageous, some serious lack of contact considering the transistor density and very high watt/transistor...

At least we can count on Tom's to get to the bottom of any ATI AMD related issues, no matter what they might be or how hard you have to look to find them! Although this time around, AMD did give official notice that the 290 fan controller issue was a real issue and while I'm sure they'd have gotten around to it, Tom's probably got them to move faster. Still, they seem to have picked their side a long, long time ago.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Agreed posted:

Man EVGA get your poo poo together and ship this puppy, I don't want to have to be on a 650Ti for more than like a day, tops, 30% of the performance of a 780? Pffft what am I gonna do, play browser tower defense games? (yes) (also after the 780Ti comes in, have y'all HEARD of Gemcraft Labyrinth? That poo poo is off the chain)

I'd like to note that the only reason this is an outrageous expenditure at all is because I'm doing it twice, but that I recouped about 2/3rds of what I paid for the 780 and that knocks the 780Ti down to under $300 out of pocket, and also G-Sync is seriously gonna rule

veedubfreak, man, are you making GBS threads me that the ones that unlock actually have 1337 imprinted on them? Haha, if that's true I don't even know what to think anymore. Also, can you confirm or deny that any of your reference coolers were blemished and scored to poo poo from the factory like the ones that tomshardware wrote about? That was pretty outrageous, some serious lack of contact considering the transistor density and very high watt/transistor...

At least we can count on Tom's to get to the bottom of any ATI AMD related issues, no matter what they might be or how hard you have to look to find them! Although this time around, AMD did give official notice that the 290 fan controller issue was a real issue and while I'm sure they'd have gotten around to it, Tom's probably got them to move faster. Still, they seem to have picked their side a long, long time ago.

Agreed does have a point, I suppose we're all Veedubfreakazoids. :pcgaming:

I'll take a picture of mine if I'm so fortunate as to have the 1337 distinction on my card.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Agreed posted:

Yeah, why the hell am I the face of this crap, I didn't just spend $4K to play games at higher than 4K c'mon guys quit teasing me :qq:

To be fair, I'm going to sell my 3 30s for more than I spent buying my 3 27s. I just need to get off my rear end and put them up for sale. But I'm dreading dealing with Craigslist people.

I didn't really look at the contact patch of the heatsink itself, but the shroud and everything was perfectly fine. Also, the amount of tim and spread looked pretty normal compared to all my previous reference cards. I'll have a look at the coolers when I get home.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 19, 2013

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Agreed posted:

Gemcraft Labyrinth is loving legit, no arguments there :colbert:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Oh god drat it, while they were doing the whole "if it's over $500, we have to verify it" thing it looks like it went out of stock again. So I'm going to be sitting with my thumb up my rear end and running a 650Ti minus $750 in the bank for an indefinite amount of time it looks like. That is one temporarily expensive 650Ti. :mad:

Edit: On the plus side I can make some more headway in Cursed Treasure 2. drat you, flying eagle druids.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 19, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
GPU Megathread - click to watch Agreed play the finest Flash games on the planet (while waiting for the excruciating production trickle of paper launch cards)

GPU Megathread - Explosive Wallet Diarrhea Quarantine, Highly Contagious, DO NOT CLICK

GPU Megathread - The "Pull That Reference Cooler Off Of Your 290 Like It's On Fire" Thread

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 19, 2013

Rahu X
Oct 4, 2013

"Now I see, lak human beings, dis like da sound of rabbing glass, probably the sound wave of the whistle...rich agh human beings, blows from echos probably irritating the ears of the Namek People, yet none can endure the pain"
-Malaysian King Kai

veedubfreak posted:

Whats really funny though, when I installed the waterblocks, I got a good chuckle out of how there is 1337 etched on the chip. And apparently that 1337 etch is the winning mark for unlocking.

Do you mean on the chip itself, or just somewhere on the board?

If the latter, then it definitely wasn't the case for me. Upon taking off the reference cooler yesterday, I noticed I had the 1337 marking too, and all I got from flashing was a bricked Uber BIOS.

Well, I say that now, but who knows. Maybe after it became a 290X, it suffered from that apparent black screen bug that's going around for some. Or maybe my 290 is just too 1337 to be a 290X. :smuggo:

GPU Megathread - click to watch Agreed play the finest Flash games on the planet (while waiting for the excruciating production trickle of paper launch cards)

GPU Megathread - Explosive Wallet Diarrhea Quarantine, Highly Contagious, DO NOT CLICK

GPU Megathread - The "Pull That Reference Cooler Off Of Your 290 Like It's On Fire" Thread

They are all so good, but I have to go with the third one.

Or, better yet:

GPU Megathread - Like Buying Expensive Whores, but Without the Sex.

GPU Megathread - 290 Aftermarkets? HA! Who Needs Them When You Have Zip Ties and an H80?

GPU Megathread - GET THE BEST GPU TO BROWSE SA WITH! NOW FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $700!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

My 290 and cooler came in but I seem to have encountered a stumbling block. I have all of the required screws removed (all of those on the bottom and the two on the rear) but the stock heatsink isn't budging. Is there something I'm missing or should I just put a little elbow grease into removing the heatsink?

Edit: Scratch that, I gently pried it off with a plastic spoon. There was just that much thermal paste on the thing.

Unless I'm mistaken, my card is 1337! :dance:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 19, 2013

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
GPU Megathread - Live vicariously through someone else's purchases

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs115UqQ4sE

So ASUS put out a single-card, dual-GPU solution... with dual 760s.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
It would've been better with dual gtx 770s.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

To lap the Gelid heat sink or not to lap (I hate lapping, you guys).

Also, turns out that replacing the cooler on a XFX only voids the warranty if you are outside of the US. So that comes as a big relief.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Lolcano Eruption posted:

It would've been better with dual gtx 770s.

That's called a GTX 690.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Factory Factory posted:

That's called a GTX 690.

Could put 7 GHz memory on it and call it a 790 :pseudo:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Gonkish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs115UqQ4sE

So ASUS put out a single-card, dual-GPU solution... with dual 760s.

It's dual 2 GB 760s, right? Would a dual 4GB 760 card would be marketed as having 8GB total, or does it not work that way?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, dual 2GBs. They're advertising it as 4GB, so I'd assume a 4GB/card version would be advertised as 8GB.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Just as a heads up for anyone putting an aftermarket cooler on a 290/x, the thermal pads on the vrms leave an oily residue that is best removed with a gentle rubbing with a pencil eraser. Might explain why people were experiencing failures with the thermal tapes.

Edit: The thermal tape included with the Gelids are 3M's.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 19, 2013

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, dual 2GBs. They're advertising it as 4GB, so I'd assume a 4GB/card version would be advertised as 8GB.

Which is a lie because two cards at 2GB does not equal 4GB at all. Or I was told wrong.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Athropos posted:

Which is a lie because two cards at 2GB does not equal 4GB at all. Or I was told wrong.

True or not, it's a lie that's been industry standard since the Voodoo 5 at least.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Ghostpilot posted:

the thermal pads on the vrms leave an oily residue that is best removed with a gentle rubbing with a pencil eraser.
There'll still be some left with the eraser technique no matter how much you scrub. What works best for removing the residue is Xylene or Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone. You can get either at Home Depot in the paint stripper section. Some types of Goof-Off have Xylene in it as well but read the label first. Both are nasty as gently caress though so clean off the necessary chips out side and wear gloves because those solvents can go right through your skin.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I vote we go with:

GPU Megathread - Do as we say not as we do

Because I am absolutely, positively and definitely not sketching out a custom 540mm rad water loop for my old FT-02 case just so I can run a 290(X^) (or two*) without having my house burn down (to be honest my 2x 760s do not run at good temps because my ambients are atrocious (chilly 31°C right now)).

^ If the firmware takes
* (or three)

deimos fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 20, 2013

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

SLI/Crossfire memory access is parallel and sorta-mirrored, not additive and striped. You don't get 4GB worth of Skyrim texture mods, you just get unusually quick access to whatever each card has. Hence this being a disappointing card with a cool concept. :sigh:

deimos posted:

I vote we go with:

GPU Megathread - Do as we say not as we do

Because I am absolutely, positively and definitely not sketching out a custom 540mm rad water loop for my old FT-02 case just so I can run a 290(X^) (or two*) without having my house burn down (to be honest my 2x 760s do not run at good temps because my ambients are atrocious (chilly 31°C right now)).

^ If the firmware takes
* (or three)

GPU Megathread - Agreed Lied, Dollars Died

(I like yours best tbh it's beautifully succinct and perfectly reflects the state of things, just look at us, loving filthy monsters all)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Any chance we will see any sort of price drops for something like a 780ti on black friday or maybe Christmas? When I heard about the EVGA step up program I got exicted because I have a 670 FTW but I guess the program is a little more limited in scope than the name implies. Don't get me wrong this card is great and is overclocked like crazy but it's not getting 60 fps in Ultra on Bf4 and that is not the only reason I want to upgrade I swear.

GPU Megathread - AMD R290X-Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Fallows posted:

Any chance we will see any sort of price drops for something like a 780ti on black friday or maybe Christmas? When I heard about the EVGA step up program I got exicted because I have a 670 FTW but I guess the program is a little more limited in scope than the name implies. Don't get me wrong this card is great and is overclocked like crazy but it's not getting 60 fps in Ultra on Bf4 and that is not the only reason I want to upgrade I swear.

GPU Megathread - AMD R290X-Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone

SH/TCC

As to the question, my crystal ball is broken but Black Friday sales can get pretty nuts, it wouldn't be totally unprecedented for a high end card to go on sale in very limited quantities as a loss-leader to move less outrageous deals on the whole lineup of cards. Amazon is definitely gearing up for computer electronics, Newegg won't disappoint (they usually have really good Cyber Monday deals too, though more often on peripherals, mobos, cases, sometimes external HDDs - if I weren't committed to hanging with my current monitor until G-Sync ones come out, I'd be camping their monitors section for deals on big 1600p monitors). I wouldn't expect a lot of people to get good deals on the very highest end cards of the current generation, if that goes on I reckon it'll be more like the "GET THIS BADASS TV FOR A HUNDRED BUCKS* limited to quantity on hand, which is three, enjoy our fine selection of TVs that are only 15% off"... but I wouldn't be too surprised if retailers with older high end cards use this as an opportunity to blow them out. The 690 sitting at $1K still is kind of embarrassing, for example, and demand for the 7990 is not exceptional even though its price is pretty fair after they dropped it, all things considered.

EVGA Step Up: the coolest sounding bait and switch ever. Awesome if you're buying mid-range, price:performance cards and genuinely intend to upgrade to one of the reference higher end models later on. Useless if you buy high end stuff and think to yourself, oh, wouldn't it be cool if they came out with, I dunno, a 6GB model of this exact same card in a few months and I could step up to it? Because that's almost certainly going to be considered by them to be a limited edition, and those are excluded from step-up. They rules-lawyer the hell out of that. Much more lenient on their warranty, though, they don't even care if you use aftermarket cooling and then goof and fry your chip overclocking it too much, so long as you stick the shroud back on before you send it in for service.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Yea I'm gonna just wait and cross my fingers on a price break. I have a friend who wants to take my 670 off my hands for 200, but can't quite pay me yet. So if I can get that and maybe spend around $500 more total I can feel pretty justified in buying one.

Maybe for the time being I will just see how much juice I can squeeze out of this 670 FTW. I've never done a real OC on a GPU(i just cranked the mhz up by 70 and called it a day when I got it) as most of the time I've never needed to just , but I really want to play BF4 with those textures all the way up. I should have never changed it to ultra, now it pains me to play just on high! Take advantage of this warranty.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Agreed posted:

SH/TCC

As to the question, my crystal ball is broken but Black Friday sales can get pretty nuts, it wouldn't be totally unprecedented for a high end card to go on sale in very limited quantities as a loss-leader to move less outrageous deals on the whole lineup of cards. Amazon is definitely gearing up for computer electronics, Newegg won't disappoint

I can't decide whether it's best to jump on the MSI 780 Lightning now to pick up the game bundle, or wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday and hope for a discount or otherwise a Newegg coupon code that currently can't be used with the 780s due to the game bundle. I could also wait and see what the after-market 290s look like (ideally a Matrix card since I really want a card with load-indicating leds), but I'm leaning more toward Team Green now.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Fallows posted:

Maybe for the time being I will just see how much juice I can squeeze out of this 670 FTW. I've never done a real OC on a GPU(i just cranked the mhz up by 70 and called it a day when I got it) as most of the time I've never needed to just , but I really want to play BF4 with those textures all the way up. I should have never changed it to ultra, now it pains me to play just on high! Take advantage of this warranty.
A 670 will run BF4 on ultra everything at 1080p extremely well. Mine definitely does. You should overclock it more.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Fallows posted:

Yea I'm gonna just wait and cross my fingers on a price break. I have a friend who wants to take my 670 off my hands for 200, but can't quite pay me yet. So if I can get that and maybe spend around $500 more total I can feel pretty justified in buying one.

I don't want to say it's impossible to kill your card without doing BIOS modifications, but... It's really, really hard. Cards handle a too-heavy overclock gracefully under all but the most extreme temperature situations. The only way you could actually expect to damage the card is if somehow you put it in a situation where it attempts to draw more power than your PSU can provide. Apart from that, nVidia (and EVGA, for that matter) have been careful in designating the allowed deviance from nominal values in overclocking, sometimes in a rather draconian fashion - GTX 780s, for example, only allow 38mV of overvolting. If Precision X allows you to make the voltage change, it's almost certainly safe. If you push the core too much or the memory too much, you'll driver crash (or, in extreme situations, hard lock or bluescreen and it'll reset to factory on booting back up). Manufacturers are not super keen on the idea of people killing their cards and pointing angry fingers, and EVGA's FTW version should be pretty carefully binned for performance anyway. It's almost certain that you'll run into the hard TDP limit before you can do anything that would damage the card. There are five user exposed protections but several other safeguards to protect the hardware from damage. Overclocking a graphics card has been made much safer than overclocking a CPU, with the trade-off being that you can't go quite as crazy on a GPU since they're already careful in the validation and binning process and don't have much "waste" for you to take advantage of anyway.

I don't want to give you a false sense of untouchable security, it is possible to damage a card by overclocking it, but it's really, really difficult.

SourKraut posted:

I can't decide whether it's best to jump on the MSI 780 Lightning now to pick up the game bundle, or wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday and hope for a discount or otherwise a Newegg coupon code that currently can't be used with the 780s due to the game bundle. I could also wait and see what the after-market 290s look like (ideally a Matrix card since I really want a card with load-indicating leds), but I'm leaning more toward Team Green now.

Well, the 780 is an extremely powerful card - so powerful that even though GK110 was taped out and has been in production since the 600 series, just limited to compute cards, it's still neck and neck with AMD's next-gen top models. The MSI 780 Lightning seems to have some pretty extraordinary cooling and power delivery upgrades that should take it from "badass" to "super duper badass" - if you get a good chip, and I'd hope that with all the fancy poo poo they're doing on it compared to a stock 780 they are binning for performance, I imagine it would let you take it to the absolute limit of the GTX 780's performance capabilities, which are really something. The introduction of the 780Ti is just for people like me who have brain problems and want the bestest fastest wooo :pcgaming: while sticking with nVidia regardless of the cost. If you want a high-performance card from nVidia, the GTX 780 is still very clearly the smarter purchase, end of story :)

It's up to you whether you want to wait it out on the AMD side of things, but it's pretty much a given thanks to the intrepid early adopters who have gone to the trouble to replace AMD's problematic cooling solution with something more effective that the 290 and 290x are literally the same card in many cases capable of some great overclocking. I don't know what good a LED load indicator will do you, but then I wasn't all over the light-up on nVidia's high end reference units for the 780 either, just seems like a bit of unnecessary bling. Is your case located such that you're going to be staring at the card's load indicator a lot? I'd think you'd be more interested in what's being displayed on your monitor, haha. There are a lot of good reasons to keep AMD in mind right now, they have the best price:performance before taking after-market cooling requirements for top results into account, and once they do get some partner non-reference models they'll almost surely cement the price:performance crown for real.

Right now, it's basically a fist-fight between a 780 and a 290+aftermarket cooler, and right now I think the 780 offers a better value proposition because of the games bundle. Use them because you want the games and you saved AAA-game prices times three, or sell them and you're around the cost of an AMD R9 290. If there were no bundle, the value proposition would probably be a little less kind to nVidia, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if AMD is able to work their development partners (in particular, EA, since they're being miserly about who gets Battlefield 4 vouchers) into a similarly nice current-gen AAA games bundle... Plus the aftermarket coolers everyone is waiting on so they don't have to factor the cost and hassle of an Accelero or whatever into the purchase price just to get the performance from their presumably preferred company.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are an unknown, could be great, could be mediocre, we'll just have to wait and see. If you're uncomfortable waiting and seeing, well, you know the value proposition as it stands in the $400-$550 region, make your move :)

Edit: In me me me news, looks like EVGA came through for me after all despite a temporary stock issue, they got it shipped out! I'm looking at having the 780Ti on Thursday, score :) Sidesaddle, you have been an absolute champ, if I can swing it I'll see if I can't make us "new graphics card day" buddies.

I set up another stock notification to my cell, too, and they are currently in stock - if you're gonna get stupid with some of us, I guess now's the time, strike while the iron's hot, etc. - available direct from EVGA's site here. Shipping's a bit pricey if you want to get it in more quickly before everything goes to poo poo due to Thanksgiving shopping, but when you're paying $730 for a GPU that's probably not a major concern.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

Agreed posted:

Edit: In me me me news, looks like EVGA came through for me after all despite a temporary stock issue, they got it shipped out! I'm looking at having the 780Ti on Thursday, score :) Sidesaddle, you have been an absolute champ, if I can swing it I'll see if I can't make us "new graphics card day" buddies.

poo poo, meant to post earlier but I think they reserve you one while the payment clears. Same thing happened with EVGA EU and they only just got some back in stock. Mine's coming in on Thursday too, apparently... The same day I leave town for a week. :cry:

I want to know everything. Can you tell me everything? Because I'm seriously going to be

Sormus posted:

GPU Megathread - Live vicariously through someone else's purchases

for a while. I can taste the shinies now. :pcgaming:

Anyone know if the free game codes are all Steam?