Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Is it possible to create a store account on Nvidia.com without buying something? I checked out as guest in a mad panic and would like to create an account to track the order if I can.

edit: Add to Cart still up on UK store. Can’t get any further than “Checking Out” though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

:toot:

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I think because my card flagged I won't get a processed email until later. Time to be a nervous wreck all night :downsgun:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just got payment successful email, ITSHAPPENING

i look forward to using my included 1 year ge force now to not game on my new 3080

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Uhhhhh no you see I am a real live meat human with gristle and feelings and intestines and was definitely not manufactured and coded by Bob Page

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

When I was checking out my Evga card earlier, I made it all the way to the post-paypal order confirmation screen.

And for some reason there were two cards in my cart. And it wouldn't let me check out because it was over the limit. I got extremely lucky it updated and went through.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I’ve not had that email yet, only the order confirmation one. Scared. Money has come off my card though.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

In my mad rush I think I automatically selected the slowest shipping speed like a dweeb. I want this thing now.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

In my mad rush I think I automatically selected the slowest shipping speed like a dweeb. I want this thing now.

Same. Mad but not too mad.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Think they'll drop more 3080s with the 3090 launch tomorrow?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I make a beer run and missed it lmao.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yup, just had a lovely chat with the a robovoice at Chase - they flagged the purchase amount as anomalous, even though I only have an alert set on single purchases over $1000.

I have a feeling that if there are going to be any more tonight, they'd probably be unlocked ~3am to give the west coast a similar poke.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

The Rat posted:

Uhhhhh no you see I am a real live meat human with gristle and feelings and intestines and was definitely not manufactured and coded by Bob Page

If Jensen did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

--Voltaire

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:ohdear: Please email me Jensen.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
y'all nerds a little happier now?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Missed the card but strangely ok with it, maybe because I was just getting home from harvesting some things that grow in the outdoors ^_^

Grats to all!!!!

PS its legal here no harm no foul

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

You might be able to use this page https://store.nvidia.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayAddEditPaymentPage&SiteID=nvidia&Locale=en_US to look up your order. My order status is "processing"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

y'all nerds a little happier now?

I'm not breathing until I get a tracking number. I selected fastest shipping so maybe I'll have it for the weekend?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Sonofabitch, iPhone’s do not disturb mode screwed me.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Well I have an order sitting on Processing status with Nvidia, but I have a bad feeling that way too many people succeeded for this to be real

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The Discord is so triumphant. These are people who have been waiting here almost 24/7 since the card came out. I can't really be upset at all, these people deserve it and I hope so much that they get it. I have no real urgency here.

There are people literally acting like they just won the lottery it's crazy. I can't compete with that kind of primal need, lol. The more people get these cards, the more the channels open up properly for everyone.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Everyone is gonna get Zotac's in FE boxes

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Guest Checkout order tracking page asks for a password, anyone have any idea where this is? The suggestion is that it’s in the order confirmation email but I can’t see it anywhere.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
So are the 3090 AIBs available for purchase in Australia tonight? Mwave has them listed as available on the 24th September. FE edition raffle is tomorrow.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Durzel posted:

Guest Checkout order tracking page asks for a password, anyone have any idea where this is? The suggestion is that it’s in the order confirmation email but I can’t see it anywhere.

when I enter my email and last 4 cc digits it takes me directly to the order status page

it already gave me codes for the bonus stuff there... maybe it's going to stick this time

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

^There are supposedly two emails, it is in the 2nd one.

I got the first email and my card was charged and the charge is in authorized not pending status, but still no second email. I hope to god they don't cancel on me now.

So many people successfully placed an order and this situation has gone on for so long if they start cancelling orders that had already charged cards there will be mobs with pitchforks at their offices by morning.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

secret volcano lair posted:

when I enter my email and last 4 cc digits it takes me directly to the order status page

it already gave me codes for the bonus stuff there... maybe it's going to stick this time
I’m not sure what you mean there. Did you check out as guest? Or do you have an existing Nvidia store account?

D-Pad posted:

^There are supposedly two emails, it is in the 2nd one.

I got the first email and my card was charged and the charge is in authorized not pending status, but still no second email. I hope to god they don't cancel on me now.

So many people successfully placed an order and this situation has gone on for so long if they start cancelling orders that had already charged cards there will be mobs with pitchforks at their offices by morning.
Thanks, that’s what I needed to know. I’m in the same boat.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Durzel posted:

I’m not sure what you mean there. Did you check out as guest? Or do you have an existing Nvidia store account?

I checked out as guest

Go to the Quick Order Lookup here: https://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidia/en_US/help/ThemeID.326200

Use the option on the right: the email you provided and last 4 digits of your CC

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Durzel posted:

You can also put in email + last 4 of CC to see order status

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly think I'm just going to do the EVGA step up. I really don't have time to constantly f5 sites and I'll at least get to play Cyberpunk on a 2070S. Probably won't arrive until 2021 but oh well. I just want to be on a list and forget about it at this point.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Durzel posted:

Is it possible to create a store account on Nvidia.com without buying something? I checked out as guest in a mad panic and would like to create an account to track the order if I can.

edit: Add to Cart still up on UK store. Can’t get any further than “Checking Out” though.

I tossed a 2060 in my cart and used that to set up an account. Then I removed it from the cart on the "verify how you want to ship things" screen.

Hopefully that will have me ready for when I join the fray over 3070s.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Wiltsghost posted:

Honestly think I'm just going to do the EVGA step up. I really don't have time to constantly f5 sites and I'll at least get to play Cyberpunk on a 2070S. Probably won't arrive until 2021 but oh well. I just want to be on a list and forget about it at this point.

No F5 needed. I just had the discord that has been linked in here open. Not even on voice or general chat. Just had alerts set for the tracking channel on there. When I heard the ping I clicked over to discord clicked the link and added to cart. You'll need to be at your computer when it happens because they won't stay up long but even if you are only on the computer sometimes you will probably get one sooner than step up would go out. Judging by the amount of people that just got an FE off nvidia the stock is going to start moving fast.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

D-Pad posted:

No F5 needed. I just had the discord that has been linked in here open. Not even on voice or general chat. Just had alerts set for the tracking channel on there. When I heard the ping I clicked over to discord clicked the link and added to cart. You'll need to be at your computer when it happens because they won't stay up long but even if you are only on the computer sometimes you will probably get one sooner than step up would go out. Judging by the amount of people that just got an FE off nvidia the stock is going to start moving fast.

Well, that's good to know. poo poo, I'm not sure what to do. Anyone have a link to that discord?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, based on the timestamps on the discord updater bot it looks like the cards stayed in stock this time for 2-4 minutes, and that was enough that relatively a ton of people seem to have gotten them. So until now they genuinely have probably been getting botted/selling out in literal seconds rofl

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Symetrique posted:

Everyone is gonna get Zotac's in FE boxes

lmao

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

Well, that's good to know. poo poo, I'm not sure what to do. Anyone have a link to that discord?

https://discord.gg/ycejEa

Make sure you enable notifications on mobile too.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Kingnothing posted:

https://discord.gg/ycejEa

Make sure you enable notifications on mobile too.

Thanks!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, based on the timestamps on the discord updater bot it looks like the cards stayed in stock this time for 2-4 minutes, and that was enough that relatively a ton of people seem to have gotten them. So until now they genuinely have probably been getting botted/selling out in literal seconds rofl

Yeah it was definitely 4-5 minutes so either they figured out how to block the bots and/or releasing at midnight meant a lot less people going for cards

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

There are several people in the discord saying they're going to stay up all night until they get a tracking number

These people are loving insane lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Taima posted:

There are several people in the discord saying they're going to stay up all night until they get a tracking number

These people are loving insane lol

I remember the pascal launch being crazy, but I waited 4 weeks after the GTX 1070 launched and snagged a GTX 1070 easily. I remember the 1080 being similar. Is it really worth that much effort to get it a month early? And get an AIB cooler that you did not want?