Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.

CellBlock posted:

Yeah, I saw this and got hyped because I was looking at 970M laptops, and one that can actually run on battery for a period of time sounds nice. However, I haven't seen any examples, and a guy on the notebookreview forums has already posted pics and stuff from a GeForce 10 laptop he got to review from an OEM in Sweden.

Link please?

edit: nevermind, found it - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/mobile-gtx-1080.792410

Pissingintowind fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006

fletcher posted:

Turns out the MSI Gaming 1080 doesn't fit so well in a Corsair Air 240. Had to bend part of the case to get it in. I can't put the side panel back on anymore either, since the power connectors stick out so far now. Looks like only the FE would fit, since that's the same width as a 970.

The 1080 FE just barely fits in that case. The power cable presses against the side with mine.

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The 1060 has already been announced, and it looks like a stinker, IMO. The $250 version only has 3GB of VRAM which is just silly low for a modern card and the 6GB version is $300 which is over priced for the GTX 980-ish performance it is likely to deliver.

Where do you see official pricing announcements? I've only seen rumors so far.

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

About 12 years ago, I remember Nvidia's cafeteria having a reputation for being the best in Silicon Valley and employees from other companies (like Intel) would go there to eat.

I assure you that this is no longer true.