Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tunga posted:

Umm, is this a joke? I am hosed if this doesn't work. Some games are not retarded and enable you to shift the camera focus such that two monitors actually works. Most importantly for me that is EVE. But also, as it happpens, Burnout Paradise.

ATI handles this poo poo perfectly. This is the first nVidia card I have bought since an 8800GTS four cards ago. And that's not because I love ATI but just because, you know, they made better cards at the price point I wanted during that time.

I'm Googling the poo poo out of this and all I can find is people complaining that Horizontal Span isn't possible in Win 7? Is this a joke? Please tell me it is a joke :( .

Edit: Seriously I just spent £350 on this thing and it can't even do two monitors? My 6870(s) could do this two years ago. Surely nVidia are not this retarded? I really don't want to have to RMA this thing just because it cannot do such a simple thing :( .

I guess it's more that we wonder why you'd want to do such a thing. Even in games where having the screen across two monitors is the most minimally invasive, you still have two end bezels blocking out the critical center of your screen. This isn't an issue with 3 monitors because you can allow for "blind spots" and make up for it with increased "flank" vision, but with two I can't think of a game where it wouldn't be crippling.

I mean I guess you're right that the card makers should allow you to have that option if you really really want to, but you really don't see how stupid it is to want that in the first place? Seriously how do you even play that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jabor posted:

You don't see how playing on one monitor with extra peripheral vision on one side (instead of two) is better than having no extra peripheral vision?

Considering how large most displays are and how most games are formatted to run on one display first and foremost... I don't really think it's a big loss.