Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SweetBro posted:

gently caress YOU EVGA!

You send me a loving notification that the FTW is in stock, I rush over to your lovely site and by the time I'm done deal with all the loving retarded redirects you kept on throwing at me that poo poo is sold out. God fuckingn drat your site is garbage, how loving hard is it to have a god drat pay with paypal button, ship to paypal address. Why the gently caress do I have to log in and make a loving account, holy loving poo poo if you're going to make me jump through your garbage onboarding process at least make your site not loving poo poo.

jkeluje kglamngioalwbkryhnwpoifen wyjmh9 p8gtz2hj67myn -g3ts789yubmn890gefwvmnyhaiuonumghj8apbojm giop4wanhy g bpioz

:negative:

This is what happened to me last tuesday and I just gave up and bought a ZOTAC 1070 Amp because for some mysterious reason it was in stock for like 5 hours. No regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Inverness posted:

Received mine today and just tried it out with The Witcher 3 using max settings and Fast Sync on my 1440p 60Hz monitor.

It looks and plays magnificently.

What I don't understand is why the GPU is reaching 1936 MHz when the boost clock is set at 1847 MHz (normal 1708 MHz). It is using default settings according to the Precision OC X tool.

My Zotac 1070 does the same thing. I have never really bothered with overclocking before building this PC so I just figured that was typical. From what I've gathered the boost clock is guaranteed to be stable, but if your card can hit a higher number safely it will.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

I've decided I'm going to create a GPU company, and while our performance may be middling our company will be built on a guarantee: there will be stock for you to buy one.

We will achieve this guarantee by implementing a technology to determine whether the card is being used to make BitCoins and setting the host PC on fire if it is.

same but i'll have it send half the bitcoins to my wallet first

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

WHO CALLED THE OVEN

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Should I upgrade to a 750W PSU or is there reason to go above that?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

why do i already feel like i need to be mashing f5 somewhere

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

movax posted:

I do feel a little bad for those who bought 2080 Tis but it is a little funny to see it all the way off in that quadrant of the chart.

The little note by the 3070 is the best

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm pretty excited about Nvidia Reflex reducing input lag.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Speaking of this.

I kinda gotta wonder about the reduce latency thing they touted. Like I'm sure that its cool and all but wouldn't the pros / people wanting to be pros not really use it much? Sure its fine at home when you are shooting pubbies but if you went to an actual competition wouldn't it throw you completely off since it wouldn't be enabled?

Wouldn't you be best served practicing with equipment you'd be using at a tourney?

As long as the tourney is using machines with Nvidia cards (9xx or above I read?) and the game supports it they should be fine. You're usually allowed to change in game settings as long as there aren't any banned configurations. And I think the part about needing a 360hz gsync monitor is just for testing system latency.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i'm practicing my desktop aim for release day

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Am I missing something cause looking at the dimensions it seems like the 3080 FE is smaller than my Zotac 1070?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

here's some thermal imaging thing
https://streamable.com/o7l5ta

not really sure if if this is good or bad performance

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Gabriel S. posted:

Isn’t today launch day? Where are the reviews?

launch and AIB reviews are 17th, FE reviews are tomorrow.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm a 1080p fps guy and I'm getting a 3080 to replace my 1070. Hoping just to hit the framecaps on my 240hz monitor.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think it's nearly what they hyped it up as by some metrics, but a marketing claim like "double the performance" even if true won't apply to every scenario.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Gamer's Nexus teardown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX9Eh_NaC5c

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lmao he just smacked it with a spatula

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Demon's Souls on PC would have been rad as gently caress but also extremely out of character for Sony.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

guess i'm buying a plane ticket to Deerfoot Meadows to beat the scalpers

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I was gonna make a bestbuy.com account but every attempt is met with "Sorry, there was a problem creating your account. Please review your info and try again."

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mercrom posted:

When are the reviews for the non-FE cards coming out? The FE looks great but I wish it had 2x HDMI ports for future proofing.

Today

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lmao i'm getting timeouts just trying to log into nowinstock.net

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

at this point I'm scared to order the msi ventus because it has been voided a million times

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

There is no stock.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I don't believe the card even exists.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I guess Amazon just straight up has no stock.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

My buddy got a MSI Ventus from Best Buy

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Taima posted:

Actually I'm changing my perspective here.

I don't think anyone got one from best buy/ nvidia/ amazon etc.

I think that's all fake. Literally no one has gotten one outside of niche euro retailers...

And best buy just updated back to Coming Soon.

I dunno man. This seems like meat might still be on the menu boys

Perhaps wishful thinking but none of this is making sense, if it was real SOME people would have gotten one even with bots

A friend of mine got one through Best Buy, definitely real. 99% botted.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

all the nvidia site says for me is out of stock. what magic did you guys use? a direct link?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

you can click the checking out... again to have it resend the request.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm now seeing out of stock rather than the price on that page.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Taima posted:

I don't even get how a lot of these botters expect to receive their orders. Like one dude got 30 confirmation emails to the same email address, what the poo poo? And what are these people paying with, 30 different credit cards?

I probably just don't get some way they're doing it I guess, seems super easy to track on paper.

I imagine its email forwarding and PO boxes.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The 3080 has strangely popped back into my cart but I still can't check it out. I know it's not happening, just thought it was strange.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Durzel posted:

That number keeps creeping up, yet it’s still OOS...

i hate it, but it is possible that nvidia is canceling some of the obvious bot orders and we'll get a second chance once somebody flips a switch

what i'm saying is never leave your computer, keep hitting f5.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

just got a discord notification that the FE is in stock on nvidia, not seeing it

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m actually relieved I didn’t jump the gun on the founders edition and happy that despite everything, Canada Computers had a waiting list for serious customers willing to pay up front for a card.

The reviews point to the Asus cards being pretty good so I’m more than happy to get in line for one given the joy and mileage my ROG1070 gave me.

I wish there was a line I could join.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

love these nowinstock notifications that take you to their site that doesn't load

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?ASIN.1=B08HVV2P4Z&Quantity.1=1

Amazon ZOTAC, might be a preorder for the 30th. Also doesn't seem to run very good with the fan stop profile according to https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity/31.html. I'm taking the risk I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Weird, tried switching item codes for other 3080s. Some work while others (FTW3 for example) do not. Guessing those don't exist in the backend system with dates yet

Here's a link somebody pasted in the NVIDIA discord that seems to have all the cards on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/...custrec_signin&